Sign in to follow this  
Muse

The Horse Traits Thread (and other animals)

6 hours ago, CistaCista said:

I wonder if rare traits have a greater chance of occurring in offspring from wild horses.

That would be perfidiously cruel.

My one with rare speed trait came from classic five speed parents.

• Like 1

I got a cute little lamb today, with a speed trait and a draft trait!

Walnut, white female.

[19:39:36] It has a strong body. It has very strong leg muscles. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Holly, wild black ram. Susan, wild white sheep.

What's the general thought right now about how high AH we should have moving forward? I'm at 65 currently but don't want to grind it up if it is going to be a bad thing. What are some of your general thoughts so far concerning this?

Well personally I'm aiming for 90+. I want my horses to have sparky eyes as well as speed or draft.

1 hour ago, gnomegates said:

What's the general thought right now about how high AH we should have moving forward? I'm at 65 currently but don't want to grind it up if it is going to be a bad thing. What are some of your general thoughts so far concerning this?

65 is precisely adequate for building a max trait draft horse. If you want other nice traits like slow metabolism, that's on top of that.

However the way that your AH level "lets" you compile those traits is not proven. People are getting bizarre results below expectations.

Anyway, I am near 68 and happy about that for now.

Edited by CistaCista
  • Like 1

I got my first speed donkey today! Ironicalled called Lame!

Lame, female grey.

[13:48:05] It has lightning movement. It looks plump and ready to butcher. It has a slow metabolism. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Gawain, male wild donkey, grey. Gwenddydd, female wild donkey, grey.

Ruby, female grey.

[13:49:36] It will fight fiercely. It looks very unmotivated. It is unusually strong-willed. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents:

Uthur, male wild donkey, grey. Floree, female wild donkey, grey.

Not so good are today's foals, but they'll go in the off deed grooming pen and be loved anyway.

Silverbaron, male blood bay.

[13:51:48] It looks unusually strong and healthy. It seems more friendly. It seems to pick stuff up. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Starkcopper, male blood bay, 4 sp, 1 draft. Bunny, female wild black silver.

Wilddep, male ebony.

[13:56:06] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has malformed hindlegs. It has some illness. It seems to be a graceful eater. It looks shabby and frail. It has a slow metabolism. It looks stationary. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Manflash, male ebony, 5sp, spark. Hopcoffee, female skewbald, 5sp.

Biteswarrior, female blood bay.

[13:59:45] It looks feeble and unhealthy. It seems vibrant. It looks stationary. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Pieice, male blood bay, 2sp, 2 draft, spark. Sorrento, female wild skewbald.

I've done a brief speed test on young Lame, and she's noticably faster than a wild donkey! First I tried with no gear, and my inventory weighs 31.26kgs. This first trip was on a flat road, and she went 10.80kph to 14.43kph. Second test was on the same road wearing blank horse shoes of between 49 and 66ql, average 55ql. This time we went from 12.99kph to 15.87kph. Not bad!

I came home to some lovely babies today! And mostly with adorable names.

Carrot, male grey.

[21:09:24] It has a slow metabolism. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Merlin, male wild donkey, grey. Braag, female grey, 1 draft.

Tiny, male grey.

[21:11:22] It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has a certain spark in its eyes. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Pendragon, male wild donkey, grey. Morgan, female wild donkey, grey.

Umajolly, female gold.

[21:13:18] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It looks very unmotivated. It has a certain spark in its eyes. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Chaserrun, male piebald, 5sp. Harddaisy, female chestnut, 5sp.

Rockbone, female gold buckskin.

[21:14:20] It will fight fiercely. It has fleeter movement than normal. It seems accustomed to water. It has a certain spark in its eyes. It seems more friendly. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Huntingibn, male gold buckskin, 5sp, spark, fierce. Dancestark, female gold buckskin, 2sp, 1 draft, spark.

Tiny and Umajolly are definitely in the breeding pile, Rockbone might be too unless I get another better buckskin. I don't know if I'm seeing any difference from the recent update yet, but then I'm breeding fairly small numbers.

On 6/18/2021 at 5:13 PM, CistaCista said:

65 is precisely adequate for building a max trait draft horse. If you want other nice traits like slow metabolism, that's on top of that.

However the way that your AH level "lets" you compile those traits is not proven. People are getting bizarre results below expectations.

Anyway, I am near 68 and happy about that for now.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

I've restarted breeding my hell horses, just to see what I start to get at this point, will continue to monitor your posts and others that share their results, I know I appreciate the info!

• Like 1

Do we know what categories are mutually exclusive to each other?

From what I understand it, it's no longer possible to get a new horse with both speed and draft traits. But I've seen speed+misc. Can you only get speed+misc, combat+misc, draft+misc and output+misc combos?
I'm curious to know if the rare trait follows this rule too.

Can you not get a new horse with speed+combat? And if so, is it not possible to get a speed hell horse with the combat rare trait (which is one of the golden combos some people are looking for)?
If that's the case, then eeeeeeeeeewwwwww.

Do anyone here have any animals with non dominant rare traits, meaning it wouldn't be following this "rule"? All the rares mentioned in this thread so far does follow this rule.

Edited by Borstaskor

I have a lamb with both speed and draft traits. I forgot to put her above, but when I log in later I'll find her and put the details here.

They can all seem to mix its just they don't inherit correctly so its a mixed bag

Two cute little donkeys today for the non breeding pile! And the details of the lamb I mentioned above, born a day or two ago.

Jimmy, male grey.

[14:14:56] It looks very unmotivated. It has a slow metabolism. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Merlin, male wild donkey, grey.  Blanchflour, female wild donkey, grey.

Daffodil, female grey.

[14:15:36] It looks constantly hungry. It gives more resources. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Merlin, male wild donkey, grey. Prydwyn, female wild donkey, grey.

And little sheep!

Walnut, female white.

[14:16:20] It has a strong body. It has very strong leg muscles. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Holly, male wild black ram. Susan, female wild white ewe.

1 hour ago, Borstaskor said:

Can you only get speed+misc, combat+misc, draft+misc and output+misc combos?

iuY5OOW.png

also not the colour of the parents 😛

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update

there are a few people who have had draft and speed traits

3 hours ago, Borstaskor said:

Do we know what categories are mutually exclusive to each other?

From what I understand it, it's no longer possible to get a new horse with both speed and draft traits. But I've seen speed+misc. Can you only get speed+misc, combat+misc, draft+misc and output+misc combos?
I'm curious to know if the rare trait follows this rule too.

Can you not get a new horse with speed+combat? And if so, is it not possible to get a speed hell horse with the combat rare trait (which is one of the golden combos some people are looking for)?
If that's the case, then eeeeeeeeeewwwwww.

Do anyone here have any animals with non dominant rare traits, meaning it wouldn't be following this "rule"? All the rares mentioned in this thread so far does follow this rule.

I have horses with four speeds plus fight fiercely. The parents were both classic fives with fight as the sixth trait.

I'll repeat draft traits are borched. I've had a LOT of bison born and seen ONE draft trait.,,,, easy on gear.  Wild parents, so pure RNG.

Love the quick response! It seems I still have hope for a speed hellie with the rare combat trait one day!

-

Edited by Yserin

Even the number doesnt seem to matter i often get 3 and even 2 speed from new 4 speeds

2 hours ago, Yserin said:

Traits have point values now which influence their chance to pass on and how many traits. ( this is imo is why we are seeing easy on the gear and accustomed to water so much on the new animals. high chance to show up vs the other traits in the same category.)

Now that I re-read this quote from the patch notes, it does seem to spell out that the individual point value dictates the probablity of inheriting that specific trait within the dominant category. 

Water trait is cheap in the speed category (10 points), Easy on the gear is cheap in the draft category (10 points).

And from what we have seen so far in our breeding, the low 10-point value of these traits could give more offspring this trait than the expensive traits in the category - such as Lightning movement (20 points) -  *even though the parents of the foal already had Lightning movement*.

EDIT: I made an inventory of all my foals that came out in the past week or so. I can only do a quantification on draft horses atm, because all the speed foals I kept all have 4 speed traits.

The count does not quite support the above idea so far. The most common trait is Carry More (20 points), which is more common than Easy on gear (10 points). Looks like there is a tendency that the old traits do get inherited to some degree.

BUT:

Of the 2 new traits, the cheap one (Easy) is far far more common than the expensive one (Strong legs).

Counts*

14  Carry more (costs 20)

13  Strong body (costs 15)

11  Easy on the gear (costs 10)

5  Strong legs  (costs 20)

*The counts should not be recalculated as percentages, I only counted on foals that did not possess all 4 traits. 

Edited by CistaCista

It's possible to get traits that logically should be mutually exclusive. 

It's rare but I have had 2 foals so far that have both speed and draft traits which sort of makes them useless to me for breeding purposes. I'd rather have full draft horses to breed more drafters and full speeders to breed speeders. Just as it's possible to get the "it looks unusually strong and healthy" + "it looks feeble and unhealthy" or w/e the trait is called. Again, it's a rare experience for me but I have a small sample size, less than 60 foals so far , half on Epic  the other half on Freedom. 

-

Edited by Yserin

Just one foal so far today, a little white girl.

Agnestari, white female.

[13:34:27] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems overly aggressive. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It seems more friendly. It seems to pick stuff up. It looks shabby and frail. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Dukeiron, male black silver, 5sp, spark, healthy. Agnespearl, white female, 5sp.

Not one for the breeding pile I think! It is nice that she's an Agnes like her mother though.

Actually, I've changed my mind! 3 speed traits is nice.

Edited by olafhairybreeks
Brain

Just wanted to post the results of another speed test I've done with 2 horses. All on the flat on a road near my deed. The first was Dukeiron, and old 5 speed with health and spark. He's venerable and cared for. The second is Starkcopper, who has 4 speed traits and a draft trait (carry more). He's only mature, but I thought it was worth comparing the two. I was carrying 31kgs not including armour. They both had the same gear, swapped between the two. A 72ql 70woa saddle, a bridle, and 4 90ql shoes with 90, 94, 95 and 92woa respectively. Dukeiron went a respectable 28-30kph on each run. Starkcopper however came up trumps, going between 29 and 34kph. He wins, and is now a riding poneh!