Sign in to follow this  
Muse

The Horse Traits Thread (and other animals)

9 minutes ago, Bekador said:

You know something is borked with the system, when those two appear on the same horse and are not mutually exclusive.

Those are both "vanilla" traits though. It happened before.

Yeah well the new system should have taken into account how some traits should be mutually exclusive.

I am betting if tonight I take stock of my current foal production I am going to find a horse that has It seems overly aggressive. & It seems more friendly or something similar in the mix. 

Some traits should automatically exclude the existence of others, I hope this will taken into account if a fix is in the works.

• Like 1

One foal today!

Pinkiehaste, female gold.

[19:27:21] It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has a certain spark in its eyes. It seems to pick stuff up. It has a slow metabolism. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Chaserrun, 5sp male piebald. Delilah, female wild piebald.

Edited to add my first lamb with a good output trait!

Anselm, black male.

[20:33:22] It has a certain spark in its eyes. It gives more resources. It seems more friendly. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Holly, wild black ram. Lily, wild white ewe.

Edited by olafhairybreeks
Sheeeeeep

Unrelate to horses but related to useless traits, seem sheep do indeed have speed traits thrown in the mix...lovely. 

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

they always have

But should they?

Never saw any notes to say that they made traits dependent upon the type of animal

Yeah what I mean, should animals that gain no benefit from certain traits have them in the first place? Is a trait speed on a sheep useful? Or a draft trait for that matter?

I'm just saying it's something that should be looked at for further balancing else, we're just rolling a 40 sided die here as to what traits offspring get. You might get lucky, but the math so far shows it's just RNG for the sake of RNG. And RNJeesus ain't giving out blessings since the update.

So, first batch of foals is finally being born. Out of the dozen born, 8 had the four basic speed traits, along with some other traits.

One had the rare speed trait, and three other speed traits (was missing lightning). Now to find out if that rare trait can be passed on to offspring....

It seems that you can't get a mix of speed and draft, based on the bison and the horses I've had born. This makes getting good speed horses relatively easy, but for my bison I have to start over, along with any draft horses I might want to breed.

AH currently 77, at the time of horse breeding 70-71.

1 hour ago, olafhairybreeks said:

I made a 4 speed sheep once. I just find it amusing!

Ok I'm not the only one hehe :D

1 hour ago, ChampagneDragon said:

It seems that you can't get a mix of speed and draft, based on the bison and the horses I've had born

I'll contradict that statement. I have about 20%  - 25% of my foals as a mix of draft, speed, neg and misc traits. 

If you had 8/12 foals born with 4 speeds, please tell us the conditions of their breeding, parents, maybe even stuff such as if they grazed on enchanted grass or out of a trough, stuff like that.

I've only gotten 2 4 speeder foals out of roughly 50 bred so far. All parents were not related so no inbreeding was done, and most of the parents have their grandparents sent off to the ol' Wurm glue factory. 

Mixed luck today! I've had 2 foals and several lambs, including 2 with traits I want.

Simeontrot, male black silver.

[17:13:01] It has fleeter movement than normal. It looks very unmotivated. It looks extremely sick. It looks shabby and frail. It looks stationary. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Dukeiron, male black silver, 5sp, spark, healthy. Athene, female wild blood bay.

Dogdalia, female black.

[17:14:00] It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It has some illness. It looks constantly hungry. It seems to dislike steep terrain. It looks stationary. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Tearally, male grey, 2 draft, 2 speed, spark. Dancestark, female gold buckskin, 2 speed, 1 draft, spark.

Celeste, female black lamb.

[17:14:28] It has a certain spark in its eyes. It has a slow metabolism. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Oldwyn, male wild black ram. Tassel, female wild white sheep.

Ambrose, male white lamb.

[17:17:42] It gives more resources. It seems prize winning. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Holly, male wild black ram. Marigold, female wild white sheep.

To completely change the subject, does anyone do cheap genesis?

Another donkey birth! Firmly in the bad luck pile, but adorable as always.

Candlewick, male grey.

[19:56:12] The legs are of different length. It looks very unmotivated. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Pendragon, wild male grey. Guinevere, wild female grey.

Last but not least, another foal.

Aishablood, female chestnut.

[23:28:48] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It looks very unmotivated. It looks feeble and unhealthy. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It seems to be a graceful eater. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Manflash, male ebony, 5sp, spark. Harddaisy, female chestnut, 5 sp.

Edited by olafhairybreeks
Donkey!

My first mule, Burro, has some contradictory traits:

[09:45:18] It looks feeble and unhealthy. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has a certain spark in its eyes. It seems more friendly. It seems to pick stuff up. 

I'm going to assume that the first two traits cancel each other out. Who doesn't want a friendly mule who can pick stuff up?

• Cat 1

Five babies today! Two lambs, two donkeys and a special foal.

Donkeys first:

Lily, female grey.

[16:35:31] It looks very unmotivated. It seems more friendly. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Gawain, male wild grey. Gwenddydd, female wild grey.

Bella, female grey.

[16:36:32] It will fight fiercely. It has malformed hindlegs. It gives more resources. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Pendragon, male wild grey. Floree, female wild grey.

Lambs:

Knut, male black.

[16:39:06] It has very strong leg muscles. It seems to pick stuff up. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Horatio, male wild black ram. Madeline, female wild white sheep.

Boxer, male black.

[16:39:46] It has a strong body. It is easy on its gear. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Holly, male wild black ram. Pixie, female wild black sheep.

And last but not least, the most miscellaneous foal there ever was!

Tahudash, female piebald.

[16:41:06] It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has a certain spark in its eyes. It seems to be a graceful eater. It has a slow metabolism. It looks stationary. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Huntingibn, male gold buckskin. 5sp, spark, fierce. Bunny, female wild black silver.

On 6/10/2021 at 11:59 AM, elentari said:

I'll contradict that statement. I have about 20%  - 25% of my foals as a mix of draft, speed, neg and misc traits. 

If you had 8/12 foals born with 4 speeds, please tell us the conditions of their breeding, parents, maybe even stuff such as if they grazed on enchanted grass or out of a trough, stuff like that.

I've only gotten 2 4 speeder foals out of roughly 50 bred so far. All parents were not related so no inbreeding was done, and most of the parents have their grandparents sent off to the ol' Wurm glue factory. 

My setup has always been pens with one male one female, perfectly matched traits. All five speed and half have a sixth trait, either fight or USH.  They're all on enchanted grass. I had 70+ AH at the time of breeding. My biggest problem is that I had way more males born than females (3:1 ratio)

I bred all my bison(20females, 10 males) which are in 4x4 pens with enchanted grass,  two females one male, not related. I had almost exclusively 4 speed traited babies born. Not one had any draft traits. A few were three speeds. 

Another foal! This one is a slight surprise as I thought his mother was pregnant with a mule! 

Raidfalcon, male brown.

[22:59:31] It can carry more than average. It looks feeble and unhealthy. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It seems to pick stuff up. It seems to be a graceful eater. It is easy on its gear. It seems to dislike steep terrain. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Tearally, male grey, 2sp, 2 draft, spark. Agnespearl, white female, 5 sp.

A nice skewbald baby today.

Cloudwest, female skewbald.

[13:20:59] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems to pick stuff up. It has a slow metabolism. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Dukeiron, male black silver, 5sp, spark, healthy. Hopcoffee, female skewbald, 5sp.

She'll probably go in the breeding pile with those speed traits.

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update
  • Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin

1 minute ago, Yserin said:

has anyone checked to see if gear on hitched horses started taking damaged while hitched?

they added hitched animals gear taking damage while being driven yeah. pretty sure they added it for led horses too or just normal decay or something was enabled, because my backup horse for pvp has damaged gear and i repaired the gear before putting it on and haven't rode the horse since.

-

Edited by Yserin

Mother : [20:29:27] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It has been bred in captivity.

Father: [20:30:07] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It has been bred in captivity.

Foal: [20:30:42] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It seems accustomed to water. It is unusually strong-willed. It looks constantly hungry. It looks stationary. It has been bred in captivity.

winning