Sign in to follow this  
Muse

The Horse Traits Thread (and other animals)

This is the place where you can post up your new foal traits and we'll all see if we can make sense of them!

Please post the parents traits and foal traits where available and your AH skill if you don't mind, and hopefully we can start to paint a picture of the way traits work.

Feel free to post about other baby animals if you wish - donkeys, mules, bison... whatever, just make sure to state which type of animal in your post. :) 

Cute moment tiny foal kisses horse that towers over him | Nature | News |  Express.co.uk

• Like 2

WingRhythm (blood bay)- male foal  - Breeder: AH 50

[13:26:38] It has some illness. It has strong legs. It seems to be a graceful eater. It is easy on its gear.

[13:26:38] This creature has a total of 45 trait points.

After genesis:

[14:01:54] It has strong legs. It seems to be a graceful eater. It is easy on its gear. 

[14:01:54] This creature has a total of 40 trait points.

[14:01:54] His mother is the mature fat Brisksweet. His father is the venerable fat Dreamcactus. 

Dam: BriskSweet (grey):

[14:06:12] It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. 

Sire: DreamCactus (buckskin):

[14:07:02] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It can carry more than average. 

As you can see the foal has none of the traits of either parent, and is a completely different colour.

Both parents are predominantly draft animals, and he does have mostly draft traits.

Edited by Muse

PepperPoppy (black) - female foal - Breeder AH 50

[16:58:02] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It seems accustomed to water. 

[16:58:02] This creature has a total of 40 trait points.

[16:58:02] Her mother is the aged fat Pinkiepick. Her father is the aged fat Hilltear. 

Dam: PinkiePick (grey):

[17:00:12] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. 

Sire: HillTear (grey):

[17:01:39] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. 

Foal appears to be predominantly speed focussed, like her parents.

Edited by Muse

TahuLightning (ebony) - female foal - Breeder AH 50

[17:04:58] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. The legs are of different length. It is unusually strong-willed. 

[17:04:58] This creature has a total of 45 trait points.

[17:04:58] Her mother is the mature fat Rainzara. Her father is the aged fat Hilltear. 

Dam: RainZara (black silver) 

[17:57:51] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has very strong leg muscles.

Sire: Hilltear (grey)

[17:12:19] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. 

Another speed foal

Edited by Muse

Patch notes on 26 May state:

• Breeding time will now shorten based on your animal husbandry level instead of being random.

Does this mean the action timer?

At 50.6453 AH the action timer for breeding is consistent at 38 seconds.

(38 second in logs, 39.7s on action timer)

At 50.6453 AH I am finding gestation times still vary between 5 and 10 days from data so far.

Edited by Muse
Action timer updated
  • Like 1

Breeding at lvl skill 75 on freedom (effective 90 on Epic) is around 39.7 seconds. Tested on both clusters. 

• Like 1

@elentari

I double checked and you are right I am getting this exact figure (39.7s) on my action timer even though it is 38 seconds throughout my Event logs.

It seems to be the same time regardless of AH skill then.

Breeding from a pair of the old 5 speeds - now 3s 2d (three speed traits, 2 draft traits)

MollyTrot (chestnut) - female foal - Breeder AH 50

[22:20:44] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It seems overly aggressive. It looks shabby and frail. 

[22:20:44] This creature has a total of 45 trait points.

Breeding from a pair of the old 5 speeds

[08:47:31] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity.

Nice new name - Seagazer

Also bred from 2 of the old 5 speeds - [08:52:21] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It looks feeble and unhealthy. It has a slow metabolism. It has been bred in captivity.

MacKicker so great name, sad about the traits

and another bad one - larsheart [08:53:38] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It seems overly aggressive. It looks stationary. It has been bred in captivity.

and a so so one - Yayhaecker - [08:54:28] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It looks feeble and unhealthy. It seems more friendly. It seems to pick stuff up. It has been bred in captivity.

Thats with almost 56 AH so not impressed so far

Also got my first mule - Buckwheat :) [08:48:38] It looks unusually strong and healthy. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity.

Anyone know what It seems vibrant means? Its not in the wiki - yet.

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 1

AH skill 65.21

First donkey:

Name - Bill

1 negative trait - It has malformed hindlegs.

Parents:

2 wild donkeys, with no traits

• Like 1

It seems having high AH is still punished when your HOTS and have no access to Genesis. Maybe its time to fix this?

rvqrpfD.jpg

• Like 3

This image sums up my breeding experience as hots fairly well I think

pqhU6D4.jpg

Edited by SmeJack
  • Like 7
  • Cat 2

Lol got another mule - [22:08:49] You start leading the young Small. Lovew its name - but traits not so much - [22:08:21] It has a certain spark in its eyes. It seems to be a graceful eater. It seems to dislike steep terrain. It has been bred in captivity.  Its a freakin mule, its supposed to love steep slopes 😕

Edited by Rhianna

so this kinda worked out the way I wanted it to..inbred and it ended up with just speed traits.

AH Skill:  65.21

Foal: Gallopyoana (gold Female)

Trait Points:  30

Speed 20 - It has lightning movement. 

Speed 10 - It seems accustomed to water.

Misc 0 -  It has been bred in captivity. 

Her mother is the aged fat Copperdalia (ebony black) - old school 5sp.

Father Rockhappy, Mother Honeysilver

Her father is the venerable fat Rockhappy.  (black) - old school 5sp

father Honeyoblivion, Mother Calloak

Edited by Mitzie
  • Like 1

What is the point of adding "it is easy on its gear" as a draft trait when gear only takes damage while a horse is being ridden? Shouldn't that be a speed/misc. trait?

• Like 6
  • Cat 1

First male donkey (wild) and old straight five speed female breeding. AH 69.3. Female offspring.

Corny right before the witch doctor performs her magic.

TQBz5Wv.jpg?1

uaoEJfm.jpg?1

Edited by ChampagneDragon
  • Like 1

I've had a few foals, donkeys and sheeps born and bred since the update. Here are the donkeys' and foals' details:

Foals:

Haltjolly, female gold.

[23:27:07] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has very strong leg muscles. It has some illness. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has a slow metabolism. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Manflash, male ebony, 5sp, spark. Athene, female wild blood bay.

Beetari, female black.

[23:29:49] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems overly aggressive. It seems more friendly. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Manflash, male ebony, 5sp, spark. Benitabrisk, female ebony, 5sp.

Annnorth, female chestnut.

[23:31:33] It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has a certain spark in its eyes. It seems more friendly. It seems to pick stuff up. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Dukeiron, male black silver, 5sp, healthy, spark. Delilah, female wild piebald.

Clipnorth, male black silver.

[23:39:30] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It seems more friendly. It seems to pick stuff up. It seems to be a graceful eater. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Manflash, male ebony, 5sp, spark. Benitabrisk, female ebony, 5sp.

Donkeys (all wild parents):

Nightshade, male grey.

[23:33:36] It seems overly aggressive. It has been bred in captivity.

Braag, female grey.

[23:34:46] It is easy on its gear. It has been bred in captivity.  One bad trait removed.

Mischief, male grey.

[23:35:31] It has malformed hindlegs. It is unusually strong-willed. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity.

Sid, male grey.

[23:37:26] The legs are of different length. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity.

Small, female grey.

[23:37:41] It looks feeble and unhealthy. It has been bred in captivity.

Brave, female grey.

[23:37:58] The legs are of different length. It seems to pick stuff up. It has been bred in captivity.

Brave 'Heart', female grey.

[23:38:24] It seems prize winning. It seems to pick stuff up. It has been bred in captivity.

My AH skill on breeding the above was 83-84.

So far Clipnorth is the best baby with 4 speed traits, a combat and an output. Braag has the draft trait that does less damage to gear so she's the best of the donkeys. So far I love the new models, animals and traits but I'm a bit confused about the inheritance of traits and this RNG thing for non dominant traits, but then I suppose most of us are! Hoping to get better results with more matings.

Edited by olafhairybreeks
  • Like 3

Another foal today!

Goldenland, female piebald.

[13:16:19] It has a certain spark in its eyes. It seems to pick stuff up. It has been bred in captivity.

Parents: Dukeiron, male black silver, 5sp, spark, healthy. Nocturn, female wild piebald.

• Like 1

Epic, effective AH 93, one of the first Epic 4 speeder foals...with an assortment of negative traits. 

Parents: Huntinghard: [00:28:35] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has a certain spark in its eyes. It has been bred in captivity.  [00:30:32] Its colour is blood bay.

We can see this parent has 2 draft traits and 4 speed traits. 

Other parent, Briskmak [00:29:29] It will fight fiercely. It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has a certain spark in its eyes. It has been bred in captivity. [00:30:35] Its colour is blood bay.

This parent has 3 speed traits, 2 draft traits. 

Now the offspring : Flashalt (most epic alt name ever?) color not even inherited from parents, it's [00:31:21] Its colour is gold.

Now for the kicker traits : [00:31:34] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It seems overly aggressive. It looks very unmotivated. It looks feeble and unhealthy. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It seems vibrant. It has been bred in captivity. 

4 speed traits, ZERO draft traits, a whopping 3 negative traits and two useless misc traits. 

This RNG is making me mad as hell at this point. I'm breeding horses with a mix of speed/draft traits and none of the foals have traits that make sense and all of them without exception need genesis. At 93 effective AH on Epic. ...

This foal is representative of my breeding so far. The parents have draft traits that don't get passed to offspring, and on top of that they are born with different colours, negative traits and useless misc traits that I'm sensing they take the slots that should have been reserved for draft traits in the first place. 

I'll update later this week as more horses are born. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 5

In the two weeks since the patch went live i have now killed over 500 foals, imagine how mad i am also. Not sure at this point why i bother trying any more. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SmeJack said:

In the two weeks since the patch went live i have now killed over 500 foals, imagine how mad i am also. Not sure at this point why i bother trying any more. 

but how many did you keep? 🙂

THAT is what matters..

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oreo said:

but how many did you keep? 🙂

THAT is what matters..

I think about 16, both figures speak pretty loudly 😛

• Like 2

13 hours ago, elentari said:

It looks feeble and unhealthy. It looks unusually strong and healthy.

You know something is borked with the system, when those two appear on the same horse and are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 1