Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

Animals not eating food from the ground

FIXED or NO PROBLEM HERE NOW.

Update: My animals, as it turns out, are eating. Not sure, but it 'seems' they are eating less? I would not complain if that is the case, lol. If not that, then what may have happened, in my case, is I was away from deed for a while, and so maybe my on deed animals did not eat or change their hunger status since no one was in their local. Could be.

I have to admit tho, I do not ever recall my animals accepting food from my hand, when they were standing on food. This really seems new to me. But, I guess I may have just forgotten.

But they all seem to be eating ok now. Chickens have laid eggs. So this can be closed. Unless someone else has issue with animals not eating.

Thanks.

My hens are not eating herbs I got piled on the grass tiles. My pigs and rats are standing on food, and not eating it. My gorilla is not eating food I got on the ground.

This is complete turn around. I used to (2 days ago) pile food on the ground and the animals would eat it. Now they do not seem to be eating off the ground any more.

THIS SUCKS. Please fix all my animals so they will continue to eat off the ground like they did 2 days ago.

This day today is my first discovery of this. I do not want my animals to die. Will you please fix this. .. or add it to ur upate state it plainly "animals can not eat off the ground any more".

I am posting this here, because it seems like a glitch to me. I do not want my animals to die from this update.

Please respond here if animals will no long eat off the ground if its intended.

UynSdyH.jpg

There are wheat sitting on the ground here as you can see. That pig says its hungry. Why is it not eating that wheat? I have never experienced this before. Before this.. every time.. if there is food on the ground the animal will not eat from my hand. Today.. all of my eaters are eating from my hand.. even with food sitting there on the ground.

Why are my animals not eating from the ground? !

Thanks for your time,

Teeebomb

Edited by TeeeBOMB
corrected
  • Like 1

Put bucket filled with food  on ground and they will eat from it. My animals do. Or build that Feeding Trough. Can also make hay stack for grazers

1 hour ago, MarkSilard said:

Put bucket filled with food  on ground and they will eat from it. My animals do. Or build that Feeding Trough. Can also make hay stack for grazers

Agreed. Would probably work.

But they used to eat from food laying on the ground, 2 days ago. Now they don't seem to do that. I'm still testing. But.. if this is planned, then we should have been notified. Since we were not notified that animals will no longer eat food laying on the ground, I assume this is unplanned and needs to be fixed.

Thanks your post !

• Like 3

I noticed the same thing when the pile of potatoes I left for my champ dog and pig were rotting and they were hungry; the new pet dishes for food work very well and are less material intensive than making the troughs.  chickens also eat out of the food dish (carving knife on log)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

I noticed the same thing when the pile of potatoes I left for my champ dog and pig were rotting and they were hungry; the new pet dishes for food work very well and are less material intensive than making the troughs.  chickens also eat out of the food dish (carving knife on log)

Good to know...is there a known area that the pet food dishes cover, how far away will the animals come to the dish?

I can't give you numbers, as I don't really know any more than you do from patch notes lol; but I did have my dog come to the dish from 7-8 tiles away