Sign in to follow this  
CistaCista

New mysteries of animal breeding

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update

12 hours ago, CistaCista said:

It makes me wonder, it could be that traits from the "Miscellanous" category have a fine chance of getting passed (along with the main traits), while traits from other categories - such as "Combat" - have no chance.

Nope it has no issue throwing a combat in after speed took dominance, especially one the parents don't even have because inheritance simply does not exist beyond selecting a dominant category

DF7VpQa.png

ierhIE2.png

Edited by SmeJack

5 hours ago, Yserin said:

I see them match rarely which would make sense even when completely random it will match occasionally. broken clock is right twice a day sort of deal.

I think it's more than random. Also they specifically did a fix on this on June 3rd:

• Change: Horses are now much more likely to pass on the colour of one of their parents.

After that I felt I have gotten many coat matches, although I haven't counted. And I don't get any brown or gold foals anymore, as I would if the draw was random.

I do get a weird amount of chestnut foals atm, and others may see other strange inbalances, I dunno.  

On 5/28/2021 at 2:51 AM, DemonaNightshade said:

It has been barely more than a day, so I think communication "drying up" is a bit much to say. The official information about traits will be coming soon. And yes, devs are aware that trait points don't add up. And, even the patch notes say that yes, our previous "5 speeds" will be very hard to breed.

Some soons later, did I miss it? 😏

• Like 2

Waiting for prem to run out while awaiting fixes to the nerf in AH. I would also like to know if I missed the "official information", because if the prem runs out before the fix I will have to assume the game was stuffed beyond repair and nobody is going to revert the changes or fix the nerfs.

Edit: Colour changes are not speed and draft. Should be possible to breed any mix  of traits we want becsuse this is a sandbox game.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Shmeric said:

Some soons later, did I miss it? 😏

Wurm soon is like minimum two years before anyone acknowledges there's a problem.

• Like 1
  • Cat 2

Am I correct in my assumption, that the amount of traits that the parents possess in their dominant trait line, plays absolutely no role at all in determining how many traits their offspring will have?

I got to a point where I started breeding mostly 4speed horses and the outcome is just as irregular and crappy as when breeding 3speed horses.
Same with bison, breeding 4draft parents produces completely random amounts of draft traits on their offspring.

So it is all lottery now? No point in establishing a great breeding stock? Why? Can't wait to start breeding the horses with the rare speed trait...I feel I already know what will happen, they will produce completely random offspring, at which point I may just pull the plug on this betatesting breeding experiment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josso said:

So it is all lottery now?

Around 20 pages of forums kinda state that already. 

For the the final convincing argument was this. 

If 4 draft + 3 draft horses equal this at 75 AH well....yeah lottery. Welcome to the wurm horse reset, exactly what the game needed right now. 

• Like 2

you'd imagine that like before skill matters = no

you'd imagine that traits on parents matter = no

you'd expect any kind of logic to trait transfer and increase or cloning like before = nope

you'd imagine skill lets you get many traits if you have it = no

We're just waiting for next patch, all current foals are fodder

The great 4speeds that come right now.. are 3speeds +water trait.. or 3drafts with easy on it's gear that's useless for a bison.. that is if you get extremely lucky for such 3x draft combination at all

Skill was supposed to lower pregnancy timers.. it's just rng 5-11 days

etc etc etc... all reports are pointless as we do not know what was or is expected to be in the end.. and all breeding atm is slotmachine rolls with the rng traits, you might get something good, but it's more often not happening. 

Just wait for the next patch or the one after..

-

Edited by Yserin
  • Like 1

If only there was some simple way for the devs to communicate an understanding of the issue and inform us of their intentions regarding doing anything 😐

9 hours ago, Finnn said:

Skill was supposed to lower pregnancy timers.. it's just rng 5-11 days

And once again it shortens the breeding action timer NOT the gestation period

-

Edited by Yserin