Sign in to follow this  
Engerran

Ferry

Create a port at the starter town with Ferry service that would work like the wagoners but to transport items to other maps. could even connect them to the wagoners to deliver the items to the port and complete the deliveries on the other side which could turn the starter towns in Transport Hubs. Cost of shipping 3c to pay the 1c fee to the boat and 2 wagoners.

Edited by Engerran
  • Like 3

For wagoner we make the highways 

How would we make the "sailway" for ferry????

Edited by Maiya

If a sailway was implemented you could always use buoy’s to make it as they are already implemented in game.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Maiya said:

For wagoner we make the highways 

How would we make the "sailway" for ferry????

I had a similar idea to the above some time back, but the idea involved placing a pier connection where highways hit a valid portion of water. One could then deliver via wagoner to a pier, where you could then select other piers for goods to be shipped to, with an increased price compared to the wagoner, perhaps something like 1.5c on same map and 3c to other maps, or similar. You wouldn't really need a pathing route, so much as just fully connected water that's got the draft depth required for whatever size of boat the npc uses, and the start and end point. Either way, this would definitely be nice to have, and considering we're supposed to get something like actual piers in the future (or at least it was mentioned a bit back), who knows, maybe this is possible?

• Like 2

While you wouldn’t need a pathing route in open water due to the many low areas you would probably need to make one to get the boat out to the open water.

This is a nice idea. 

At the same time, it's a bit sad to think that people are losing their jobs to automation in Wurm as in real life.

• Like 1

This could be a suggestion to help players living in an island surrounded by high depth water to be connected to highway system 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sheffie said:

This is a nice idea. 

At the same time, it's a bit sad to think that people are losing their jobs to automation in Wurm as in real life.

Are wagoners really replacing people's jobs though? I mean I get the idea that there is potentially money to be made transporting goods, but I'm not aware of people offering it as a service for long, if at all. I'm not referring to the whole 'x price, or y price with delivery', because they're not losing any jobs here, but rather, people doing a delivery service. I don't know, maybe third party shipping is handled privately, I just don't really ever see it advertised and thus being replaced.