Sign in to follow this  
Stanlee

Horse traits don't add up

3f8d8b34e85d3d52718ca90ae5a23f4c.png

62d66429af0023551ad7d49d9e1081bc.png

Two possibilities exist: either the maths is wrong, or worse, a source of points is not being disclosed: which means that people will be asking about it and reporting it until kingdom come

To address common responses so far: with my 70AH it is very unlikely I'm missing a trait, and missing traits are represented with a ? where the trait should be, which the screenshot doesn't have 

Edited by Stanlee
  • Like 1

Same. And I'm glad you finally bit the bullet and posted this because I was too uncertain to, but it's been long enough with enough people mentioning it yet silence from staff.

Every single one of my bred animals has an extra 10 points in the total.

I have 80 AH.

There are no '?' in the trait list, so nothing extra hidden from me

Even in horses that haven't been genesised yet and still have their negative traits there is this extra 10 points, so it is not removed traits being counted as suggested by some.

I know @Oblivionnreavermentioned in game that one of the speed and one of the draft traits listed as being 15 points are counted as 20. Which just raises more questions.

Are they meant to be 15 or 20? Is it just a visual mix up showing a higher number than actually used by the game?

This is stopping me from cracking on with breeding, I'd just like to know if it's intended or not

Edited by Grumpled

on the same note i would like to know how do we breed max 10 trait horses with max 100 trait points if every trait is 10 15 or 20 pts.. There just are not 10 traits at 10 points each.. Care explain?

It'd be really helpful to see this Creature Inspect window from a variety of animals with different traits, could make it easy to pinpoint which traits are giving more points than intended. Definitely a bit weird, though. 

4 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

on the same note I would like to know how do we breed max 10 trait horses with max 100 trait points if every trait is 10 15 or 20 pts.. There just are not 10 traits at 10 points each.. Care explain?

There are a bunch of traits that are 10 or 5 points (mostly negative traits that are 5), though I'm not sure I've seen any combination that people would, for practical reasons, want to breed that had more than 10 traits but didn't exceed 100 points

Edited by Arronicus
To stick it to the hedge funds.

A CM told me today that the issue will be fixed in an upcoming hotpatch. From the way he worded it I think it is a visual bug. He said it wouldn't affect breeding.

here with 90 AH: iC7uDWn.png

color of that hell horse is molten, maybe it makes 10 points ?

It's been confirmed in the patch discussion thread that the old 2 draft traits each cost 5 points more in the total than what is stated for them individually.

The total is the correct number.

• Like 1