Sign in to follow this  
Taltos

Unable to launch since patch

I get "File or directory is corrupted or unreadable"

I had the same issue with Windows, realised that my antivirus software blocked the download from the website. I didn't recognize it at first since it informed blocking a website, but after checking it, it prevented wurm client to retrieve the data from the site, which was considered bad by antivirus software. I worked around it in a way where I turned the software down completely, downloaded the whole client again and when completed, turned antivirus software back up. Works fine now. Not sure if this helps your case, but wanted to let you know. :) 

Short update: downloading WurmLauncher.tar.gz from Wurmonline.com and unpacking/starting from there (renaming old wurm-launcher before) fixed the issues here. Not sure whether this works for everyone but hoping so.

ive downloaded the new launcher from there several times. 

im still unable to launch when i use it i get the same error with the new launcher. 

I did create a new directory for it to download, resulting in creating of all subdirectories, and download of java runtime from java.com (oracle). The problem seems to exist inside the jcef-natives or linux64 directories.

Update: I removed the jcef-natives directory in the failed wurm-launcher directory, causing java being downladed again, and dependencies recreated. After that, starting WurmLauncher worked.

Edited by Ekcin

• It wasn't a problem for me until today. I got in the game just fine yesterday, and when I first logged in today I was able to run around like normal. Suddenly, a disconnect, but I was able to login once more, only to find myself disconnected again (I was swimming, so double bingo). Now I can't start the game any more and my screen will even turn black for short periods of time. It can't be the patch then, or was there a patch in the last ten minutes?
Edited by Silberry

I got in now, but before that I had to restart my laptop because the desktop suddenly looked like a mess and my Nvidia card was apparently not found any more. I restarted and decided to 'force' everything to use the Nvidia card, and now it kind of works again. It is still weird because I was able to play perfectly fine yesterday and suddenly, after launching Wurm and crashing, everything starts acting weird. 😕