Sign in to follow this  
fiveeight

Focus when Fighting not working as it used to

While fighting mobs after the update and trying to use focus, the following happens:

- Pre-patch, when I engage in combat with one creature, then target another creature, I could continue to focus against the second creature (this mainly worked when you had 2 focus and after switching targets you would lose 1 level of focus ending up on level 1 focus and then you could keep focusing from that point), that is no longer working (focus on 2nd target after switching doesn't work)
- My focus level is locking at 3 and will not go any higher, my fight skill is 50 (focus lock at 3) - and by locking i mean the "eye" closes and is unclickable. I made sure to check my stamina and it was fine, i even did 2 special moves after this occurred.

Either this is intentional and was left out of patch notes, or its a serious (combat breaking even) bug.

• Like 2

It seems it is a visual bug - after you finish fighting a mob it tends to get the dots stuck when the eye icon turns to closed. Unfortunately I forgot to check focus level other than that visual...

I have confirmed the eye being shut at focus level 3 while fighting the same creature and clicking it while closed does not focus, HOWEVER the focus keybind (default NUMPAD 0) still works, same when switching targets: the eye remains closed BUT the hotkey functions.

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

Guess I'm going for hot keying it! Ty Baeo! (Still hope they fix this)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fiveeight said:

Guess I'm going for hot keying it! Ty Baeo! (Still hope they fix this)

I agree, it needs to (and will likely be) addressed for sure :)

This is a temporary "workaround" if you will :D

• Like 1

This has been hanging out for a long time as a bug for something that had a "temporary" workaround.

The team are aware of this issue,  but thank you for bumping it.

• Like 1