Sign in to follow this  
MaxDeckerd

Tower guards not responding to cries for help.

On the Cadence server, near grid P25, my character Mallorin was aggro'd by a venerable goblin.  I was within ten tiles of a guard tower.  There was a tower guard closer to me than ten tiles.  I typed "Guards" in local.  I got no response any tower guard, and no text response in any chat window.  I then typed "Help" in local and there was no response.  I pulled the mob closer to the guard tower and continues to alternate between help and guards.  There was never any response.  The entire time the goblin was selected as my attack target.

What I did was call for guards.

What I expected was for a guard to engage my active target.

What happened was that no guards came to assist, even though one was less than ten tiles away, and so was a guard tower.

This happened on a deed called Brasschaat Harbour on the Cadence server.

I escaped the goblin by going into the water, and I asked about it in the CA HELP chat.  I did not personally test this for repeatability, but after I provided details, Baeowuf told me it had been repeated and that I should submit it as a bug report.

Edited by MaxDeckerd
spelling

Remember to be very specific on the commands. It's either "guards!" or "help", no capital letters. Also check that the mob is closer than 20 tiles from the tower itself, not the guards. Make sure you target the right mob.

Edited by Kadmint

I typed the words both ways just to be sure.  The distances involved were within the limits.  Also, as stated, it has been repeated by others.  There were no other mobs in the area, so there was no chance I had the wrong target.

Thank you.

Edited by MaxDeckerd
additional info

It is the target that requires to be within range, 20 tiles,  of the Guard Tower, not you.

1. make sure the attacker is targetted by you.

2. type either help or guards! in local chat tab. if they respond and not coming the responding pair is stuck ,  and you can not get help from them. Known issue.

3. if they respond and coming you can make 2nd call for next pair, and again if required for the last 1 or 2 if a rare tower.

This is one of the best used keybinds when new , in console press F1 type: bind anykey "say guards!" or "say help" or :)

"say Hey guards! come help me and drink some coffee"