DevBlog

Patch Notes 26/MAY/2021

Recommended Posts

So I just got 5  5 speed Hell horses 4 of which were Molten 3 days ago, they all have 80 trait points. So is there going to be a revamp of the hell horses so they are above regular horses? Or will there be some form of reimbursement for our investment that doesn't mean jack anymore?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Honestly, needing 70+ AH is probably the way it always should have been.  50 skill to be at the top of the game was just silly.  What I don't like is seeing the big slow down folks are reporting.  We should be getting faster than we were at 50, not magically seeing everything drop to a crawl.


I agree with the first part - I've been trying to keep my AH under 70 ever since I realized that it was detrimental to have more than six positive traits on animals before this patch.  A little frustrated at the prospect of having to grind out another 10+ points in AH to have enough overhead for either five hot traits or five cold traits, but that's the goal now.

The second part will be frustrating at first - all our old five-speed horses are average for their new roles: neither a fast riding horse nor a fast draft horse.  As folks breed new lines for riding or for draft, we'll slowly get back to (and presumably exceed) the old five-speed numbers.  This will create a bit of an arms race as breeders try to perfect various colors in both the hot and cold lines.  The downside is that everyone has work to do to claw our way back to the speeds we were used to before this change.

 
As unexcited as I might be to have to get back to the AH grind after a long time, I find myself more interested in breeding than I've been in years.  It's been an uninteresting chore for so long.  At least now I have some new goals to aim for.  Since it'll be monumentally difficult to keep both a 'five hot traits' and a 'five cold traits' line in all colors, I wonder if this will create new opportunities in the horse market for buyers wanting specific colors for specific roles.   ETA:  I can see 'five hot' riding horses commanding a premium as fewer of them will be needed and breeders may be less likely to specialize in them.

Also - have confirmed that the mystery 10 points is not tied ebony color or to bred in captivity.  Inspecting my prize zero-trait ebony horse shows 0 points worth of traits:

FGIZXZ6.png

Edited by Sidereal
additional thoughts
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well here we go again, i am on cadence, and spent 6 hours looking for donkeys in 3 different directions, went 1500 tiles outs, on steepe grass and sand and mountain, but hey NO DONKEYS< are they hanging out with the bison and horse on cadence since they are no where to be found either >?, just checking,  suggestion, just give a noob the donkey in the starter kit, cause i have been on cadence for 1 year, and to this date , i have not seen a bison or horse in the wild, and as it looks now the donkey will some follow them, unless i want to spend high silver to buy it, but again what is purpose of the donkey except a faster ride for noobs. so just give it to them so maybe they will stay,  or replace me at this rate, cause this game is going  going gone for me

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Vooch said:

I will give you all a way on how we started to figure out how to make Hay:

 

https://newfestivalcove.com/?p=874

Very helpful and thank you!  Now let's see... Breed some bears, get one with the rare trait that makes it tame.  Train bear to work in the hay fields....

What shall we name that bear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Russwoods said:

well here we go again, i am on cadence, and spent 6 hours looking for donkeys in 3 different directions, went 1500 tiles outs, on steepe grass and sand and mountain, but hey NO DONKEYS< are they hanging out with the bison and horse on cadence since they are no where to be found either >?, just checking,  suggestion, just give a noob the donkey in the starter kit, cause i have been on cadence for 1 year, and to this date , i have not seen a bison or horse in the wild, and as it looks now the donkey will some follow them, unless i want to spend high silver to buy it, but again what is purpose of the donkey except a faster ride for noobs. so just give it to them so maybe they will stay,  or replace me at this rate, cause this game is going  going gone for me

If you spent 6 hours looking for a donkey, you are dumb, at this period of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Very helpful and thank you!  Now let's see... Breed some bears, get one with the rare trait that makes it tame.  Train bear to work in the hay fields....

What shall we name that bear?

Bearly Worthit.

 

Beary White.

 

Beary Sanders.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vooch said:

I will give you all a way on how we started to figure out how to make Hay:

 

https://newfestivalcove.com/?p=874

 

I've been using rake on both wet and damp piles - have you noticed some difference between using a rake and fork?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sidereal said:

Also - have confirmed that the mystery 10 points is not tied ebony color or to bred in captivity. 

 

Some of the traits show correct points, and others do not.

Fleeter, lightning and Strong body show the correct number.

Strong leg muscles and Carry are fuzzy, they show 5 points too little in most horses. They both count 20 points, or at least they do in most horses... it doesn't seem like they do 100 % of the time!

 

For example, the horse below shows the correct sum, because it has neither VSLM or Carry more-

At least this is what I am seeing in my horses. Others?

 

89JkJD2.png

Edited by CistaCista
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm late to the party here but I have to say I am feeling hurt and disappointed right now. My cart has slowed down from 20km/h to about 15.8. I tried with both 1 and 2 draft trait horses and my 80ql empty cart still goes the same speed. I am really feeling like this is a big nerf. My old horses had 3 traits that "worked" on carts, my new ones have 2. Why is it so slow? Why do I have to be back to where I was 5 months ago? I have 80ql shoes with enchants (4 with 60, 4 with 80) WoA. I feel like this is really a heavy nerf. I have 4 paid premium characters and I live in the far SW corner of the map. I like to try to join my friends doing things in other areas and I'd like to bring the characters I've paid good money for. Why is it suddenly so much slower now?

 

This really takes the wind out of my sails. Isn't there anything you can do to help?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Bearly Worthit.

 

Beary White.

 

Beary Sanders.

 

A for effort!  Keep guessing!  1s (SFI or NFI) for the correct guess ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhystan said:

This really takes the wind out of my sails. Isn't there anything you can do to help?

i think we'll have to see the new balance of traits and figure out how to get "the ol' 5 speeders" again but with this new trait system.

 

If indeed the new horses with their best traits will still be slower than what we had, then yea, this is would be a huge nerf and also a catastrophic mistake considering how big the maps are and how slow everything in wurm is. If horses become slower then it will be detrimental to everything, pvp included.

 

But I say we wait the upcoming weeks and figure out what we can breed to regain our old speeds in new horses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhystan said:

I'm late to the party here but I have to say I am feeling hurt and disappointed right now. My cart has slowed down from 20km/h to about 15.8. I tried with both 1 and 2 draft trait horses and my 80ql empty cart still goes the same speed. I am really feeling like this is a big nerf. My old horses had 3 traits that "worked" on carts, my new ones have 2. Why is it so slow? Why do I have to be back to where I was 5 months ago? I have 80ql shoes with enchants (4 with 60, 4 with 80) WoA. I feel like this is really a heavy nerf. I have 4 paid premium characters and I live in the far SW corner of the map. I like to try to join my friends doing things in other areas and I'd like to bring the characters I've paid good money for. Why is it suddenly so much slower now?

 

This really takes the wind out of my sails. Isn't there anything you can do to help?

Yeah.  Such a nice potential of an update should not start with a nerf.  Imagine being at 100 mining and there was a major update to mining, increasing the level cap to 150 - but also making 100 mining give you just q50 ore, so that you had to level back up to 150, just to get to where you were before the big new update to mining in the first place.  Doesn't quite feel right?

 

Like I said in an earlier comment, they should really make the update and increased skill gain just offer improvements and not nerfs to where we were before the update.  Otherwise they could just make 50 the top of AH and reset everyone's skill back to 1.  That seems a lot easier than what is happening now.

 

I don't want to sound grouchy and poo on all the potentially great work on this update, but just point out that it should not be painful to existing players that have put in a lot of time and effort (or silvers) to get their carts/wagons up to a decent speed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well my cart goes 32-33 still. has 2 80 point horses - 3 speed 2 draft on it, both have a rare saddle and 4 rare horseshoes 92 ql for all,

 

I do understand that the ql of the vehicle makes a difference , mine is around 70, so might be worth imping your carts up and you may find they go at the same speed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, DevBlog said:

A vehicle’s quality helps offset the weight in a vehicle, this effect starts at above 30 quality and will reduce the weight penalty up to 3x at 100 quality.

After Reading about this I ran a tests on my wagon imped it from 22ql to 90ql to see how Ql matters and What I figured out is Keep your Wagon under 30QL For the Win . 

The Test Was Run using 4 Hitched Hell Horses , Loaded With 12 Large Crates Of dirt 72,240 KG of weight And finally my total weight was only 3.92 KG . 

 

Results :

p2GQveM.png

 

Unloaded Wagons Seem to be not effected by quality at all it only changed when its over 30 and never again .In the other hand a loaded 90ql Wagon is Same as a 22ql speed ? 

 

Edited by MoTeC
typo
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My large cart is QL 80, I have two 5 speed horses (3sp/2dr), 8 80QL horseshoes, 4 have low 60s qoa and 4 have 80s woa. Everyone keeps saying it's your cart QL. It's not my cart QL. It's 80. Everything is ql 80. And my horses previously had 3 of 5 traits applied to pulling the cart, now it's 2 of 5 traits apply to pulling the cart and my speed went from 20 to 15.8. This is a huge nerf and I'm really worried about investing 2-3 months in breeding and grinding to find out if I'm still going to be in the same position at the end of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rhystan said:

My large cart is QL 80, I have two 5 speed horses (3sp/2dr), 8 80QL horseshoes, 4 have low 60s qoa and 4 have 80s woa. Everyone keeps saying it's your cart QL. It's not my cart QL. It's 80. Everything is ql 80. And my horses previously had 3 of 5 traits applied to pulling the cart, now it's 2 of 5 traits apply to pulling the cart and my speed went from 20 to 15.8. This is a huge nerf and I'm really worried about investing 2-3 months in breeding and grinding to find out if I'm still going to be in the same position at the end of it. 

 

If speed traits no longer help, do horseshoes still help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoTeC said:

After Reading about this I ran a tests on my wagon imped it from 22ql to 90ql to see how Ql matters and What I figured out is Keep your Wagon under 30QL For the Win . 

The Test Was Run using 4 Hitched Hell Horses , Loaded With 12 Large Crates Of dirt 72,240 KG of weight And finally my total weight was only 3.92 KG . 

 

Results :

p2GQveM.png

 

Unloaded Wagons Seem to be not effected by quality at all it only changed when its over 30 and never again .In the other hand a loaded 90ql Wagon is Same as a 22ql speed ? 

 

If that's true, the maths gods will be sending someone to hell soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zuelatak said:

Pardon me if I misunderstood what you're saying, but I do believe there is no problem because of the hitching post is empty then the hell horses will graze your enchanted grass. They just prioritize the hitching post now.

You are correct, but the issue is not them eating, its them going back to aggressive once the hitching post is empty. Right now when hitched to a post with food in it, they become docile, once that food is gone they are aggressive again. They will still graze, thus not starving, but the benefit of keeping them hitched and docile goes away. This becomes an issue if you have say 6 hitching posts back to back to each other all full of hell horses. Walking into the group of them with empty hitching posts means you can, and most likely be attacked by up to 18 hell horses, sometimes all at one time, making it dangerous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Something that was pointed out to me via our Pizzasmith of NFI, Borstaskor.

 

Those of us worried about our carts do not yet have full access to what may be the main draft speed trait that will take us back to our previous speeds. As you can see in the picture below.

 

 

2qWjjQ3.png

 

 

The trait "It has strong legs" is a draft trait and different then the speed trait of "It has very strong leg muscles". This draft trait is also worth 20 points, so I would assume that it is the more valuable of the other draft traits we do have currently, which are 10 and 15 points. So those of us testing with carts do not have full access to all of the draft traits that should take is back to where we were before.

 

This does not address the issue with wagons and weight and stuff, but I think it is worth knowing that us cart lovers don't have full draft traits available yet. Will be interesting to see what the change is once we do.

 

Food for thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for the 'kick the portal' feature, it's made a world of difference and I am able to walk around my deed without my system locking up.  Really appreciated.  I feel the team are really listening to us atm.

 

Don't become downhearted at the few remaining niggles, this update had loads of good stuff and is improving all the time. Keep at it. :) 

 

Wurm is looking great atm. The trough is nice too! -

 

Spoiler

RZXFbT4.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DevBlog said:

It likes to dig holes: Chance to dig something up when eating, drops items on the ground (Output)

 

Rare bones ? :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! The update came when I was very 'under the weather' and didn't even manage to log in, maybe just as well, gives me time to take all of this in lol. This really did turn out to be a major update, much more than expected (totally didn't expect the vehicle changes for example), and personally math makes my head spin at the best of times so I'm not gonna even try to get my head around the new trait system until Granger gets updated ( all hail Aldur!). 

 

Thanks to the team for all the work, very appreciated, and while there will be bugs to be fixed and tweaks to be made with any major update that is to be expected and at least for me doesn't detract from the overall effort. At this point I only have two questions, with the recent changes to the animal feeding before this update, what animals will actually eat the hay? Horses clearly but all grazing animals as well? Also wonder/hope we might get a bump in spawns of bison, donkey, and  BOTH sexes of wildcats (think it is males that are basically a rare thing to find normally) since we have to breed them if we hope to ever have passive pet house cats :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have several thoughts.

 

1. This update makes so much sense and I'm very excited to get into animal husbandry because of it. For all those who think it's an unfair nerf, think of any other skill in the game: do you have incentive to stop skilling at 50, or do you need to grind to 90+ to get the best tools, materials, etc? Same should go for horses. This system makes sense and I love that there's a reason to skill higher in AH now!

 

2. However, why are there 6 pages of comments on this thread but no staff input? That's disappointing to me... There are many good points and questions raised here that seem easy enough to address. At least a "We are not commenting on that at this time since the update is so new" would be nice as a reply. Radio silence seems sketch.

 

3. I'm recently back from a very long break and I'm out of the loop, so this may have been answered previously, but why was this update not on test server before going live? I feel like a lot of these issues could have been resolved prior to launch if players had been able to test it first and find all these bugs and things that don't make sense. Is test server not utilized anymore? Is there a reason why?

 

4. Ultimately, I'm glad to get back into the game and this update gives me something new to dig into, so thank you for the hard work, dev team! Glad to be back and glad to get started!

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Zuelatak said:

Now onto the actual patch notes!

From listening to my viewers, people ingame, and those on the Discord it sounds like this feature doesn't work at all. I for one have a wagon with like 10k kg of material in it and it doesn't make any difference to my speed. I've also heard of people who get an INCREASE in movement speed when putting tons of material in their vehicle. It sounds like something is broken and this definitely needs looking at. I also believe that if we really want this to be a mechanic that it should probably also apply to boats.

just remove it amishly, probably the only part of this update I see absolutely no value to, even if it means cart QL means /something/ now

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Joelle said:

I have several thoughts.

 

1. This update makes so much sense and I'm very excited to get into animal husbandry because of it. For all those who think it's an unfair nerf, think of any other skill in the game: do you have incentive to stop skilling at 50, or do you need to grind to 90+ to get the best tools, materials, etc? Same should go for horses. This system makes sense and I love that there's a reason to skill higher in AH now!

 

2. However, why are there 6 pages of comments on this thread but no staff input? That's disappointing to me... There are many good points and questions raised here that seem easy enough to address. At least a "We are not commenting on that at this time since the update is so new" would be nice as a reply. Radio silence seems sketch.

 

3. I'm recently back from a very long break and I'm out of the loop, so this may have been answered previously, but why was this update not on test server before going live? I feel like a lot of these issues could have been resolved prior to launch if players had been able to test it first and find all these bugs and things that don't make sense. Is test server not utilized anymore? Is there a reason why?

 

4. Ultimately, I'm glad to get back into the game and this update gives me something new to dig into, so thank you for the hard work, dev team! Glad to be back and glad to get started!

 

 

that's 4 thoughts not 7

Spoiler

just joking, glad to see you back

 

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now