Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 26/MAY/2021

First thing i checked was the toolbelt since thats an issue why i still have been playing on the old UI.

Sadly the toolbelt still isnt fixed.. the last 3 slots in vertical position do not work properly. The ones above do work when you click the middle but gets tricky when you click at the bottom of the slot.  Please.. please fix this before the old UI becomes unavailable!

Im really excited about the other stuff tho :D 

Edited by SweetSusie
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sulcofuron said:

Says the servers are online but still unavailable to connect ???

Xanadu ist still offline. Other servers seem to be back up again

38 minutes ago, CistaCista said:

What I think they are saying is that BEFORE there were already 2 draft traits (carry more and strong body). Your 5-speed horses were actually 3-speed horses when you were riding them. So if they have 3 speed traits now, they have the same speed except for how much those individual traits may have been nerfed.

I'm confused about what affects drafter's speed. I don't care about mounted speed because I never ride horses. They say that draft traits buff speed and they said they don't.  The weight part clear to me.

Can we get faster breeding timers for a month so we can get our stocks back to the quality they were since the patch changed everything. 

Ok, so how does it work now if i breed old 5 speed with an old 5 speed. What do i get with 50 AH skill? As those 5 speeds now are classed as 80 trait points

con to the update.. ex 5 speeds 95ql 90+woa.. and speed is at the amazing 18.. on a cart with normal old "5sp"

so... slo....

Just now, Skatyna said:

Ok, so how does it work now if i breed old 5 speed with an old 5 speed. What do i get with 50 AH skill? As those 5 speeds now are classed as 80 trait points

I’d assume the foal would be capped at 50. The three traits that turned into ‘speed’ traits total 45. Given offspring will lean to speed traits if the parents are predominately speed, I’d guess you’ll have a good chance offspring with those three speed traits and nothing more.

I was sure this was a typo that should have said 'untended', but then noticed it said it that way in the text description as well.. so I googled it and found out this is really a word! Learned something new today :D 

[19:45:06] You see a farmer's field, which would render about 21 handfuls of mixed grass. The grass smells nice and is wet to the touch. The mixed grass is waiting patiently for more sun. It would benefit from some tedding using the rake or pitchfork.

unknown.png

If possible please can the original 5-speeds keep the old mixed-blood model?  They only have one speed trait more than drafts traits (3 to 2) so they are still very much a mix.

I got so used to my lovable old Bouncer the way he should be (chunky and cuddly) and he's just not the same as a skinny speedster. :) 

12 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

WTS Genesis Casts - 10c + 10c per map tile travelled!

that probably dont work yet on new traits lmao. yet to find out in few days if actual effective AH skill is working on Epic.. i bet will be same as always they forget to take effective skill into calculations lol

Also, Old 7 traiters seem to be impossible no more - [19:07:10] This creature has a total of 110 trait points.

How do you get 110 trait points if max is 100 with 100 skill...

Edited by Skatyna

This update is great :)

And please use it to advertise with on steam. 

Add a line at the bottom of the game capsule mentioning the animal husbandry overhaul.

That always makes me check out games again.

Edited by Timoca
  • Like 1

Hmm.. Looks my knarr is slower than usual - in a breeze it is 8km/h now and it was 10+ worst case. Is the weight slowing now down the ships too?

6km/ against breeze, 93ql, 7.5% wind rune

UPDATE: crossing server borders, back to same server, speed is back to normal.

Same wind, same direction, 6km back to 14.5

Edited by Jaz

Greatest hing in the update is the ability to kick out the light bulb from the portals :P

Jokes aside, seems to be a great update at first sight - with the surprise additions included!

The old 5 speed horses count as 80 total trait points but if I add up the traits it should be 70... the bred in captivity supposed to by 0, right?

• Like 5

Rare traits - can one animal have more than one of those?

This trait - "It seems extremely tame: Aggressive animals become passive (Misc, Rare)" - can hell horses get it? Any "red outlined" creature? Theoretically, a non-aggressive champion crocodile is a possibility?

This one - "It seems stationary: will stay put as if saddled (Misc)" - will they still move to bowls and such for feeding time, and back again? And with that, do saddled horses move to feed themselves, or are they locked in place?

Are ebony blacks and moltens still with the 2.5% speed bonus? If yes, could this info be moved to the Inspect Animal window?

I've got a "Ready to gather resources" on a male bison, I'm scared to ask... what resources does he give?

I don't understand how this trait point system works.  How does 70 positive and 15 negative add up to 95? (on a pre-update horse)

3 minutes ago, Sulcofuron said:

I don't understand how this trait point system works.  How does 70 positive and 15 negative add up to 95? (on a pre-update horse)

same

How can you have max 10 traits at max 100 trait points if every trait is 15 points.. Looks to me whomever did the maths here didnt even finish primary school...

Sulcofuron it should add up to 85 (none are negative values), but that still doesn't account for the mystery extra ten points on every animal I've looked at or heard about.

So is this meant to be a thing? or is the additional ten points another bug?

jDvdhHx.jpg?1xgFfVFr.jpg?1

Second one I let go: 20 points.

2yHc2tR.jpg?1

I don't think I'm smart enough to figure out how 10 + (-5) equals 20. Or how a negative trait is worth a point value of 5.

• Like 2

my guess horse colour is 10 points if its not gray. as that was classed as hidden "trait" before update

2 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

my guess horse colour is 10 points if its not gray. as that was classed as hidden "trait" before update

Doubt it, as my example above are cows. Normal, brown cows.

41 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

Also, Old 7 traiters seem to be impossible no more - [19:07:10] This creature has a total of 110 trait points.

How do you get 110 trait points if max is 100 with 100 skill...

My AH skill is 94.62, all my horses have: [20:47:32] This creature has a total of 115 trait points.

I am gonna have to care-for some of these 115 point animals I apparently have as they will not be available any more.

Greys have the 'mystery 10 points' added too.

Sign in to follow this