Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 26/MAY/2021

32 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

i think it's more comments like 

that you blindly insult people you don't like and accuse them of not liking it because it's new that people don't like, but it's hilarious that not earlier today you were complaining about how the game doesn't show you basic info like weapon damage and armour stats and whatnot in-game and that's bad and causes poor reviews, but here suddenly you like basic info being hidden because it irritates people you don't like. make up your mind on the subject ya?

You see, in case of part of game where the "vets" don't know something, this is a terrible problem and you have to criticize, but when such obvious information like weapon damage is missing in game, nobody writes anything about it.

From new player perspective no info about weapon dmg or attack speed make combat totally random.

How many suggestions on this topic have emerged in the last year? Only my?

How many complaints are there about new AH system?

Do you see the difference in veterans approach?

Do you see the difference in the behavior of new players? They don't complain about the lack of basic information in the game, they just quit.

I did not write that it is good that there is no information about how AH works now, but that I am glad that for a moment average player and veteran are in the same situation. Maybe this will teach you something.

In my opinion, if veterans could look beyond their own interests, this game would have had many features to attract new open world fans, but the fact that you can only complain when it comes to your interests it is what it is.

Edited by Darnok

16 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Do you see the difference in the behavior of new players? They don't complain about the lack of basic information in the game, they just quit.

so they'd go to breed horses get no info and quit? sounds like the devs should give info on how breeding works so that they don't quit :)

17 minutes ago, Darnok said:

From new player perspective no info about weapon dmg or attack speed make combat totally random.

hit a mob = find out damage

time how far apart your swing animation is = attack speed

go to find out how breeding works = completely different to anything you'd expect from breeding while darnok gives you red herrings on the forums to further the time it takes you to figure it out

19 minutes ago, Darnok said:

In my opinion, if veterans could look beyond their own interests, this game would have had many features to attract new open world fans, but the fact that you can only complain when it comes to your interests it is what it is.

have you read *literally* any of your own suggestions? they're all you complaining about things you don't like and features that benefit your interests lol, you do this near daily.

25 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Maybe this will teach you something.

you know people have been manually figuring out how things work since like the game came out right? basically every feature is half documented in the patch notes, so it's not like people weren't able/used to figuring out things when ah got changed.

• Like 2

That's a lot of perfectly good explanations gone to waste. 

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

so they'd go to breed horses get no info and quit? sounds like the devs should give info on how breeding works so that they don't quit :)

go to find out how breeding works = completely different to anything you'd expect from breeding

They won't start breeding something they won't find, because someone have taken entire horse limit for themselves.

There are no bad effects on low AH levels and it will take a while for a new player to get 50+.

Hopeless...

you know people have been manually figuring out how things work since like the game came out right? basically every feature is half documented in the patch notes, so it's not like people weren't able/used to figuring out things when ah got changed.

So why are we wasting time writing here?

11 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Hopeless...

Yeah ya are.

12 minutes ago, Darnok said:

They won't start breeding something they won't find, because someone have taken entire horse limit for themselves.

You've gotta be blind, I routinely roam cad and mel killing everything I see. A good third of the mobs I kill are donkeys and horses. Stop forum warrioring over a game you clearly have little to no understanding of and just go play it, or save us all from the nightmare that is your mind and find something else to play.

• Like 3

Just now, Jore said:

Yeah ya are.

You've gotta be blind, I routinely roam cad and mel killing everything I see. A good third of the mobs I kill are donkeys and horses. Stop forum warrioring over a game you clearly have little to no understanding of and just go play it, or save us all from the nightmare that is your mind and find something else to play.

Show me evidence please - print screen 🙂

20 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Show me evidence please - print screen 🙂

Why provide evidence to someone who doesn't even play the game? As an aside I've seen plenty of horses on Indy and Deli as well. Methinks you are having issues finding horses due to the fact that you aren't logged in and playing?

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

So if AH worked like this weapon/armor basic information display, game should not display traits list.

To find out if horse is fast or strong, you should ride it and check speed, and then attach horse to cart and check speed, for each horse... just like you suggest to do with weapons 🙂

Ohh wait game shouldn't event display movement speed in km/h... because you can see only green/red bar on mobs not exact value of it's health, so instead of numbers km/h you should only see "slow", "fast", "little faster" etc

Edited by Darnok

seriously guys put him on ignore and stop feeding the troll xD he already made it clear he is attacking the players that are upset by the changes to make them and others more upset.

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update

18 minutes ago, Darnok said:

because you can see only green/red bar on mobs not exact value of it's health

right click mob - view body or w/e its called shows you their wounds and their exact size and location on the mob

2 hours to come up with that comeback, dont quit your day job

It's at this point we need to accept we're not going to get this point across. 

It's sad to see, but ultimately we're trying to convince someone who likes a system because it hurts people he dislikes, even if it hurts everyone in the process. 

If you ever want to explore release Darnok, feel free to shoot me a message, we can check it out and I can show you the great works people have done in this game. 

• Like 3

On 7/29/2021 at 7:25 AM, Gingeko said:

Dear Devs,

Can we please get an official update on what is looking at being fixed, and a timeline of possible patches to making anything better? The games lack of communication is only getting worse and the lack of transparency is only reassuring the players trust that you are not even remotely doing anything to get things fixed. During this time animals being bread are far from ok and only getting worse over time. Peat is spreading at a daily rate. Bugs are still causing issues. What are you planning on doing? Also don't just reply with a "were working on it" put it on the splash screen so we do not have to dig into a 10 page long forum post.. at least try to act like this is a real game from a real company update the player base on the plan, the fix, and the timeline. Still waiting on what Demona said we would get an official post..

@Enki @Darklordshi anything?

Edited by Gingeko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bekador said:

You've misplaced the post.. right place for it is 

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

You've misplaced the post.. right place for it is

God i really hope you're joking sometimes

• Like 2

Something feels bad about the rare traits but im not sure how it could be improved. Right now its a complete lottery unable to raise chances to pass it off at all, so you end up getting it on foals that you really otherwise wouldn't want to keep. This means that you end up on an emotional rollercoaster wondering if you really won the lottery or came in with 5th division barely covering the cost of the ticket.

Perhaps while looking at fixing things with the AH update this could be rethought through, maybe it will be better without any change if breeding gets fixed back to something less rng.

7 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Something feels bad about the rare traits but im not sure how it could be improved. Right now its a complete lottery unable to raise chances to pass it off at all, so you end up getting it on foals that you really otherwise wouldn't want to keep. This means that you end up on an emotional rollercoaster wondering if you really won the lottery or came in with 5th division barely covering the cost of the ticket.

Perhaps while looking at fixing things with the AH update this could be rethought through, maybe it will be better without any change if breeding gets fixed back to something less rng.

This is exactly how I feel. I honestly don't know how to fix it.
A fix such as make it so that it prioritizes a rare trait of the dominant category? Well, rip the dream of a speed hell horse with the combat rare trait, for example.
I also loved the idea of breeding aggros for the combat rare trait to have them as pets, but the rare traits are too rare which makes the game play loop of playing that lottery really not fun, especially if you get like a wolf with a rare draft trait.

Maybe change it so you can only get a rare trait on a max dominant traited animal while also raising the odds of getting a rare trait (let's say 1/10 of all the max dom-category animals get a rare trait as an example).
For example, you'd have a 10% chance to get a rare trait on animals with any of these:

• all 4 draft traits (65+points/AH)
  • all 4 speed traits (55+points/AH)
  • all 5 combat traits (65+points/AH)
  • all 5 output traits (50+points/AH)

Make it so the rare trait you get is random, so it'd be possible to get a speed horse with the rare slope draft trait or a speed hell horse with the rare combat trait. Not every combo is good but that is fine. They are supposed to be rare after all and it's hard to make something rare without making it RNG based.

It would reward higher AH (higher AH currently gives better odds of receiving a full category traited animal due to more points) and it would make it less frustrating to hunt for rare traits (worse case, you get a shitty rare trait on a good 4 speed horse or something, compared to the current worse case of getting a good rare trait on a 1 speed horse). Unfortunately, it more or less removes the ability for newbies to get a rare trait and making it more rewarding to be higher skill will make a lot of people who don't want to grind to a higher skill level unhappy.

• Like 1

I'd wait for fix first.. plan anything later..

Right now 95ah skill gives me 3-4 speeds, sometimes less or a mix of draft/speed, or a complete weirdness like 5 misc, 3 output, 2 combat.. or something like that.. keeping a few just for the fun of them existing as such rolls.

Positives are negative traits have chance to not transfer at all, random unusual horse clolors can happen even if both are or aren't intended.. I count them as +, rest is unreliable from what I have seen.

Personally waiting for a fix to get usable horse creature.. 0 rare traits here, and the 4 speed traited I've rolled are useless as water trait is not exactly useful on 99.90% of the map(?), which leaves old 5 speed horses / bisons as best horses currently.

I have also the curse of speed bisons, which make no sense to occur if speed is useless to cart pullers and bisons can be only used as such.

--edit  

17 minutes ago, Borstaskor said:

It would reward higher AH (higher AH currently gives better odds of receiving a full category traited animal due to more points) and it would make it less frustrating to hunt for rare traits (worse case, you get a shitty rare trait on a good 4 speed horse or something, compared to the current worse case of getting a good rare trait on a 1 speed horse). Unfortunately, it more or less removes the ability for newbies to get a rare trait and making it more rewarding to be higher skill will make a lot of people who don't want to grind to a higher skill level unhappy.

it's a game with progression and few skill levels.. the 100 ladder is there.. if somebody wants better results just have to walk the same path, nobody wants to grind for the struggle.. it's done for the candy waiting on the other end

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Finnn said:

it's a game with progression and few skill levels.. the 100 ladder is there.. if somebody wants better results just have to walk the same path, nobody wants to grind for the struggle.. it's done for the candy waiting on the other end

As much as I am dreading the AH grind 55+ (enough that I probably won't do it, even if that means not being happy in the game cause slow carts/wagons aren't my cup 'o tea), I agree that those with the highest skill should get the best results.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

Winning the lottery or no?

LfsxMxU.png

I'm gonna go with a no

#ForTheLoveOfGodFixTheAHUpdateItsBeenMonthsOfHellThankYou

On 8/14/2021 at 8:53 AM, SmeJack said:

Winning the lottery or no?

LfsxMxU.png

Funny how you got the exact example I gave 3 comments above yours. Haha

On 8/1/2021 at 6:07 AM, gnomegates said:

Its been 2 months since the AH changes, and little over 1 month since they added in some "tweeks"

Since then it has been silence....thats the biggest issue for many of us. We were told that more changes and tweeks were coming, we were told our concerns would be addressed, and it has not happened, instead we have silence from the dev team about this whole issue.

Edited by Yserin
being lazy have a quote

Sign in to follow this