Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 26/MAY/2021

how does this("It seems to pick stuff up: Chance to dig something up when eating, drops items on the ground (Output)") work, have anyone tested it yet?

Minor Bug but can you see what is wrong with this picture?

YvG2s8L.png

Edited by Bachus

33 minutes ago, Bachus said:

Hey! its 2021 let them be what they want

• Like 1

So... is the colour inheritance fixed?  My ebony pairs have been producing everything BUT ebony.

Found a small problem with the lineage listings on 'Inspect'.  The correct data is shown with 'Examine' but 'Inspect' seems to become confused with animals renamed through branding.

8G5xmgs.jpg

Edited by Sulcofuron

On 6/2/2021 at 9:24 AM, Samool said:

Apologies for the drop in communications, we've been quite busy fixing the reported issues and still revising the general balance of things such as vehicle speed. Vehicle speed is also subject to some bugs (that we believe we've fixed already for the next update), but in general we'll still be tweaking them to make vehicles faster.

Expect an update tomorrow fixing most of the annoying things, and after that we'll chase up the remaining issues that weren't confirmed to be bugs yet and either fix those or clarify the intended functionality. The update won't contain vehicle speed tweaks yet, but we'll try to get that in as soon as possible.

We're also working on clarifying some of these patch notes, as it seems some of those were taken from an outdated source, mainly regarding the horse traits - we'll clarify all of those here by editing these patch notes and we'll work with Wurmpedia staff to get the confirmed details on Wurmpedia as well.

Hey Wurm team... I've been biting my tongue for a while now, but.. I felt from this reply that we were being made aware that carts would be getting much needed fixes, as they've been going much slower since the May 26th patch. This is now coming up on 3 WEEKS of being reduced from over 20km/h to barely 15. And that's having to make myself a new cart that's low ql, because my existing 80 ql cart is slower than this one. The June 10th patch came and as best I can tell, my cart is no faster. My bison are packing tiles on a daily basis now just about. There have been 2 rifts I have missed because I am not crossing the map on my cart at 15 km/h. 

We got the apology sleep bonus, but how about some apology cart fixes? I am trying to be very kind in my phrasing here but my frustration level is very high and I really do not feel we are being communicated with or these issues addressed with any urgency.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2021 at 2:57 AM, Rhystan said:

Hey Wurm team... I've been biting my tongue for a while now, but.. I felt from this reply that we were being made aware that carts would be getting much needed fixes, as they've been going much slower since the May 26th patch. This is now coming up on 3 WEEKS of being reduced from over 20km/h to barely 15. And that's having to make myself a new cart that's low ql, because my existing 80 ql cart is slower than this one. The June 10th patch came and as best I can tell, my cart is no faster. My bison are packing tiles on a daily basis now just about. There have been 2 rifts I have missed because I am not crossing the map on my cart at 15 km/h. 

We got the apology sleep bonus, but how about some apology cart fixes? I am trying to be very kind in my phrasing here but my frustration level is very high and I really do not feel we are being communicated with or these issues addressed with any urgency.

Are you using the same horses from before the update? If they are "5-speed" horses from before the update, it would mean they only have 2 relevant Draft traits that would increase cart speed.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:30 AM, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Cavalier Helmet can now be improved.

Can Horned Helmets also be improved now?

On 5/26/2021 at 3:30 PM, DevBlog said:

we also announce that the old UI client will be replaced with the new UI client fully in a month – on June 28th the old UI will no longer be accessible

Finally I can announce when I retire from Wurm Online!

On 6/6/2021 at 12:43 AM, Bachus said:

YvG2s8L.png

it was Loki all along, who was a ram and before that he was a sheep... these things happen

On 6/9/2021 at 4:56 AM, Sulcofuron said:

Found a small problem with the lineage listings on 'Inspect'.  The correct data is shown with 'Examine' but 'Inspect' seems to become confused with animals renamed through branding.

8G5xmgs.jpg

cant we have as name just jolly..-whatever and by pointing over it to see VENERABLE FAT...

the creature name is more useful to read, also we have the problem of not being able to read the whole field there anyway..

• Like 2

Dear Devs,

Can we please get an official update on what is looking at being fixed, and a timeline of possible patches to making anything better? The games lack of communication is only getting worse and the lack of transparency is only reassuring the players trust that you are not even remotely doing anything to get things fixed. During this time animals being bread are far from ok and only getting worse over time. Peat is spreading at a daily rate. Bugs are still causing issues. What are you planning on doing? Also don't just reply with a "were working on it" put it on the splash screen so we do not have to dig into a 10 page long forum post.. at least try to act like this is a real game from a real company update the player base on the plan, the fix, and the timeline. Still waiting on what Demona said we would get an official post..

• Like 10

Can we also please get an updated Known Bugs list?  The one in Server Bugs section hasn't been updated since 2016, so is a bit out of date. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UnclePyron said:

Can we also please get an updated Known Bugs list?  The one in Server Bugs section hasn't been updated since 2016, so is a bit out of date. 

I believe that's tied to a known bugs for a specific update. 

I don't think a known bugs list in general is/was ever available. 

I give up trying to understand what is going on anymore......

I have new babies being born using only 20 traits out of my 65....

Now I'm seeing more of this...NO misc traits on either parents...and the baby is born with 4 misc traits.

The fact that we have to wait 5-11 days to get these kinds of results without being able to influence the results in any way is just crazy. A complete waste of time. I can see how some people who only breed a handful of animals would be very frustrated with these kinds of results, it would take MONTHS to get any kind of usable animals on top of the months of skill grinding.

neI2Spi.png

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, gnomegates said:

Now I'm seeing more of this...NO misc traits on either parents...and the baby is born with 4 misc traits.

The fact that we have to wait 5-11 days to get these kinds of results without being able to influence the results in any way is just crazy. A complete waste of time. I can see how some people who only breed a handful of animals would be very frustrated with these kinds of results, it would take MONTHS to get any kind of usable animals on top of the months of skill grinding.

The fact that no one has discovered the pattern yet doesn't mean it don't exist. So far I am happy with my results.

24 minutes ago, Darnok said:

The fact that no one has discovered the pattern yet doesn't mean it don't exist. So far I am happy with my results.

Glad your happy

Darnok is a Schroedingers breeder. On one hand he is happy with the results on the other hand he has a problem with the randomness of traits. Both at the same time by his own posts.

6 minutes ago, Bekador said:

Darnok is a Schroedingers breeder. On one hand he is happy with the results on the other hand he has a problem with the randomness of traits. Both at the same time by his own posts.

Actually it makes sense. 

A lot of his suggestions are about adding extra forced work or "busy stuff" to achieve the same results we currently get. 

This ties in with the animal husbandry update where you're forced to breed many more animals and put in a lot more effort on the hopes you achieve a result that's close enough to what you could expect prior to the update. 

14 minutes ago, Bekador said:

My problem is that I don't have access to wild horses, what I have are horses picked up from disbanded deeds or throwed away by other players, some of my horses have 3 negative traits, for example, but their child only has 1 negative.

Others are mix of draft and speed, but their child is 2x speed trait. There was also a case that the child has 3x output, although the parents probably did not have such a trait at all.
I'm glad in the sense that I don't get too many hybrids, so maybe in some time I'll be able to split them into speed and draft groups.

Edited by Darnok

Well, IF we assume that what is in the patchnotes is what was actually in the patch then you should not get Speed/Draft hybrids at all. Atm it should choose one parent and then one dominant trait line on that parent for inheritence. Misc and negative trait lines cant be dominant and the chance for negative traits is reduced with higher skills after the last patch (June 17th). The biggest Problem for most imho is that after the dominant trait line is choosen the system simply RNG's what traits of that line appear on the foal and then fill up with random traits. This results in traits that neither parent has and the inability to keep certain traits in the family tree of a horse making it impossible to target breed wanted trait combinations at all and as such making AH and breeding a loot box game with a 5-10 day waiting timer between buying the ticket (breeding act) and seeing what price you got (foal).

Edited by Bekador
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

My problem is that I don't have access to wild horses, what I have are horses picked up from disbanded deeds or throwed away by other players, some of my horses have 3 negative traits, for example, but their child only has 1 negative.

Others are mix of draft and speed, but their child is 2x speed trait. There was also a case that the child has 3x output, although the parents probably did not have such a trait at all.
I'm glad in the sense that I don't get too many hybrids, so maybe in some time I'll be able to split them into speed and draft groups.

plenty of horses in the water near server borders

3 hours ago, Bekador said:

Well, IF we assume that what is in the patchnotes is what was actually in the patch then you should not get Speed/Draft hybrids at all. Atm it should choose one parent and then one dominant trait line on that parent for inheritence. Misc and negative trait lines cant be dominant and the chance for negative traits is reduced with higher skills after the last patch (June 17th). The biggest Problem for most imho is that after the dominant trait line is choosen the system simply RNG's what traits of that line appear on the foal and then fill up with random traits. This results in traits that neither parent has and the inability to keep certain traits in the family tree of a horse making it impossible to target breed wanted trait combinations at all and as such making AH and breeding a loot box game with a 5-10 day waiting timer between buying the ticket (breeding act) and seeing what price you got (foal).

So maybe the problem is not the new system or animal traits, but the player's skill level?
It would make sense if the player AH were to advance with the animals and their traits would increase gradually, but the fact that the system was added when players are 70+ AH creates problems for them? And is it easier for an average character like mine?

8 hours ago, gnomegates said:

Maybe the fact that you are using animals as machines to make more animals is a problem? And this trait pool has to be refilled after every pregnancy and it takes a while?

Edited by Darnok

5 minutes ago, Darnok said:

So maybe the problem is not the new system or animal traits, but the player's skill level?
It would make sense if the player AH were to advance with the animals and their traits would increase gradually, but the fact that the system was added when players are 70+ AH creates problems for them? And is it easier for an average character like mine?

nonsense.. 

there are threads about this - I think 3.. all shows the same results.. skills vary but all results are pathetic

writing this as 95AH skilled

11 minutes ago, Finnn said:

nonsense.. 

there are threads about this - I think 3.. all shows the same results.. skills vary but all results are pathetic

writing this as 95AH skilled

Perhaps each species should be bred at a selected time of the year and then it gives better results? In fact, that's how it works in reality.

Sign in to follow this