Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 26/MAY/2021

Another thing.

• Players are now capped at Animal Husbandry level worth of points for creatures they have bred.

Is that so? 

I'd love to hear if anyone here is getting more traits in their horses than before. I so far get exactly the same number of traits as before (capped at 6 traits), even when there is room in my skill point range to add another cheap trait in some horses. It wouldn't be too surprising if it had been forgotten to remove the old skill cap.

Edited by CistaCista

9 hours ago, Omar said:

Or unless you take 2 different majority category parents hmm have to test that, still not going to give you a true custom mix which is a shame IMO.

Missed replying to this earlier, was stated somewhere that it will choose dominant trait pool from ONE of the parents at random, so guessing that method is probably also a no go. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Coming back to the absurd weight nerf, some data:

Cart ql 71.69 , adamantine rune of Magranon attached (vehicle speed +10%)

Hitches: Ebony male 90 trait points, 4 speed 2 draft (25 draft), ebony female 80 trait points 3 speed 2 draft (25 draft)

Speed on pavement, unloaded: 15.16 km/h

Speed on pavement, 1 large crate, weight 3639.67: 7.92 km/h

In other words, the large cart is unable to carry even one half loaded large crate. The dev who invented than insanity is obviously not playing Wurm at all.

Edit: Volume wise, a large cart can easily load 2 large crates, 1 small crate, 1 raft, and still a couple of backpacks which is no unusual load for such vehicles. The recent nerf turns them widely useless.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Delone said:

Assuming these are from old 5sp horses?

From mostly 5spd+TB+FF horses, some pure 5spd, some random traited bisons and some wild horses together and with the 5/7traiters. 

And RIP consistent colors, all my breeders are ebony, gave out very roughly 1 of every 12 foals as ebony

Edited by Omar

37 minutes ago, Omar said:

And RIP consistent colors, all my breeders are ebony, gave out very roughly 1 of every 12 foals as ebony

Getting plenty of consistent coats here so far.

Ive had hundreds of foals the consistancy is gone

What bothers me.. is now without a fo priest.. things are way crazier.. more traits to roll, with the impossibility to remove traits by just having high AH.. players depend on a fo to breed useful rideable horses or cart/wagon-pullers.. the AH trait lottery just got a 'a few' more options in the mix.. chances to roll a good combination of traits is worse than it have ever been

There seems to be some differences between traits listed... and actual traits we get... could somebody fix that in the post?

Refer to a dev for the differences and post them?.. Some traits which are not listed here stick to newborns, we're left to guessing the meaning and usage for them... 

What I suspect is possibly the cart speed rune is bugged now? My carts did not suffer from the changes but they have volume runes instead.

Btw albeit a side show, the hay stuff seems to be bugged a lot as well. From my first 9 tiles, 3 did turn into dirt without any notice, 1 at early stage after first tedding, 2 in late stages of drying up and halfway dried. So far (since patch day) none completed successfully. In CA help I learned that seasonal rain might have been a cause (nice dev excuse).

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

What I suspect is possibly the cart speed rune is bugged now? My carts did not suffer from the changes but they have volume runes instead.

normal / rare cart? ql?

normal cart ql76.x atm, 18km/h speed with old 5sp normal horses, which is 3 to 5km/h speed loss; have a rune for 5% size and speed

--edit

32 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Btw albeit a side show, the hay stuff seems to be bugged a lot as well. From my first 9 tiles, 3 did turn into dirt without any notice, 1 at early stage after first tedding, 2 in late stages of drying up and halfway dried. So far (since patch day) none completed successfully. In CA help I learned that seasonal rain might have been a cause (nice dev excuse).

wonder if seasonal.. will mean there's no farming during the winter... and there's seasonal planting and harvests.. if you do not plant at 2am.. and harvest before 10pm on a random day of the IRL week/month.. you lose harvests or big chunks from the yield... ( I can recall the derp suggestion about stuff like this.. one can only wonder if any of that is getting adopted now.. )

Edited by Finnn

Really not sure about the 'Hay Stack' model, looks more like a bail to me...

41eRS1y.jpg

Description : "Preserved grass used to feed animals. Piled together for shelter from the rain."

Made with 3.2 kg of hay, not sure if can be made with less. Can be picked up.

Don't have enough hay left over to make a hay bundle. Also worth noting that when dropped into a bsb the name is 'bunches of hay'.

5 minutes ago, Finnn said:

normal / rare cart? ql?

[16:32:05] A zinc rune of Magranon has been attached, so it will increase size (5%) and increase vehicle speed (5%)

[16:32:31] A fairly large wagon designed to be dragged by four animals. It is locked with a lock of good quality. It is made from pinewood. It could be improved with a log. Ql: 69.01277, Dam: 0.0.

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

normal cart ql76.x atm, 18km/h speed with old 5sp normal horses, which is 3 to 5km/h speed loss; have a rune for 5% size and speed

Is that empty/light load speed, or full large crate/s? Do the horses have (enchanted?) horseshoes?

--edit

wonder if seasonal....

If they introduced seasonal farming with hay, it would be a matter of decency at least to announce it, mention it in patch notes, and show a status when the harvest gets lost. Even when crops are not harvested in time, they have a model (only weeds), a description, and even a single seed to sow again.

The critique is not that harvest may get lost, rather that it happens without notice on any stage. The turning into dirt is weird as well (maybe they copied the function just from farming->harvesting, where harvested fields always turn into dirt fields).

Edited by Ekcin

They did technically mention in the patch notes that hay drying tiles are seasonal:

• New: Added new Animal Feeding System
    • New farm tile: Hay Drying Tile can be made using a scythe on grass.
    • Tile productivity is affected by weather and seasons.
    • Harvesting will produce either hay or mixed grass.
    • Yield can be increased by using a pitchfork. on the tile
  • Like 2

Just did some testing using 2 old 5 speed horses versus one with carry more and strong body, the other with just strong body.

Both pairs had one old, and one venerable horse, gear was swapped between them so it was the same for both.

Despite having one less draught trait between them, the horses with NO speed traits were 2kph faster than the old 5 speeds - so not only are the speed traits not doing anything hitched as was expected from the patch notes, it is actually slowing them down? Either that or there is something wrong with the way the game is calculating the pulling power of draught traits.

• Like 1

I can confirm that observation. It seems that (beside the extremely irrational weight nerf) there is a general loss of base cart speed (wagon speed as well though probably somewhat less) of 20-30% which seems unaffected by presence or absence of draft traits, and possibly worse in presence of speed traits.

The idea behind may have been that the "hot blood" type is less able to drag a cart thus being slower. I am not sure. Generally the changes look like creating a mess and let the users sort it out.

Is it just me or does it feel like there is silence from the entire team now. The server bugs page is full of bugs being reported, I'm seeing very little to no responses there or here by team members. Are we left with the bugs, are they being worked on, what should we expect, do we waste our time continuing to make reports?

It has been stated 1000 times already, but COMMUNICATION please, something, anything from the team to let the player base know what is going on. And not just in response to this, we should not have to ask, a week after the update, what we should be expecting with all the issues. Paying customers are getting silence and it is getting frustrating. Freedom chats are full of people complaining about the many new bugs, forums are full of people talking about the bugs, people are not happy with the changes to carts and wagons, was that intended, or are those bugs?

All we ask is for communication, any kind of relationship needs it, we are communicating to the team, but you guys are giving us the silent treatment. 

• Like 3

Apologies for the drop in communications, we've been quite busy fixing the reported issues and still revising the general balance of things such as vehicle speed. Vehicle speed is also subject to some bugs (that we believe we've fixed already for the next update), but in general we'll still be tweaking them to make vehicles faster.

Expect an update tomorrow fixing most of the annoying things, and after that we'll chase up the remaining issues that weren't confirmed to be bugs yet and either fix those or clarify the intended functionality. The update won't contain vehicle speed tweaks yet, but we'll try to get that in as soon as possible.

We're also working on clarifying some of these patch notes, as it seems some of those were taken from an outdated source, mainly regarding the horse traits - we'll clarify all of those here by editing these patch notes and we'll work with Wurmpedia staff to get the confirmed details on Wurmpedia as well.

• Like 15

That's great news Samool! I noticed today (and I hope this is the place to mention it) that you can't copy and paste from the in game Wurmpedia window. It's not a big thing, but it is useful to be able to quote sections from it in conversation.

• Like 1

Hopefully you addressing breeding: 

I started a fresh batch of horses (both parents wild horses) breeding with 73 Animal Husbandry and this is what I am getting. Seems a bit unbalanced that at that skill I cant even get more then 1-2 traits on a horse, how are new players supposed to get their breeding going this way ? 

unknown.png 

• Like 1

I'm nowhere near certain, but I suspect with traited parents you'd have better luck. The update said something about offspring inheriting a dominant trait family (ie speed, output etc) from their parents. If their parents don't have any, this can't happen. All my babies so far are 0 traits x 0 traits or 0 traits x traited.

4 hours ago, Samool said:

Apologies for the drop in communications, we've been quite busy fixing the reported issues and still revising the general balance of things such as vehicle speed.

Just to throw in my two cents...  "We've received reports of [name a couple things that were reported] and complaints about balance, and we're currently looking into it." would have been a pretty simple baseline response to the immediate reactions of "everything's broken" that cropped up, and I believe would have swerved a good bit of the community's frustration about how poorly things have rolled out.

Going absolutely silent through days of mass complaints and annoyance with the knowledge that it'll all be addressed in a future update (that nobody in the fanbase knows is coming any time soon, if at all) is effectively doing nothing from a community management standpoint. gnomegates (and a dozen other people) said it best.

6 hours ago, gnomegates said:

COMMUNICATION please, something, anything from the team to let the player base know what is going on.

I know you're busy but just saying "I've seen this and I'll look into it" before is more effective than saying "sorry for the silent wait. Yeah we heard" after, and doesn't seem like it'd take a whole lot more work to post.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Egard said:

Seems a bit unbalanced that at that skill I cant even get more then 1-2 traits on a horse, how are new players supposed to get their breeding going this way ?

Thats normal for generic horses and if its changed it will make things even harder without genesis. In saying that though im getting 95% negative and its getting beyond ridiculous.

• Like 2

Just as a side note: Of my initial 9 hay fields, only 3 still exist, 1 in state almost dried, 1 halfway dried, 1 damp drying. The rest is gone, turned into dirt. None finished. Started just after patch.

Edited by Ekcin
update

Sign in to follow this