Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 26/MAY/2021

When I use scythe on grass tile (harvesting), tile is changing into dirt. After that I activate flower to plant them, but cannot do this, but have harvesting option again - on dirt tile. This action gives me a lot of 100ql grass. After harvesting dirt (!) by flower I may plant flowers in normal way.

First harvesting changes tile into dirt, second harvesting (same tile changed into dirt) gives 57 grass 100ql.

Looks like some bug?

Edited by Xagru
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eobersig said:

My AH skill is 94.62, all my horses have: [20:47:32] This creature has a total of 115 trait points.

new ones bread after the update wont have even 95.. thats the thing

Edited by Skatyna

Are these 'time until can breed' numbers correct?  71 hours? for a BULL? Just dropped to 61 hours as I watched...
OK I tested this a bit and the numbers are complete nonsense. This is very much a reporting bug because they breed just fine even while saying 118 hours.

Edited by Sulcofuron
tested more

1 hour ago, Xagru said:

When I use scythe on grass tile (harvesting), tile is changing into dirt. After that I activate flower to plant them, but cannot do this, but have harvesting option again - on dirt tile. This action gives me a lot of 100ql grass. After harvesting dirt (!) by flower I may plant flowers in normal way.

First harvesting changes tile into dirt, second harvesting (same tile changed into dirt) gives 57 grass 100ql.

Looks like some bug?

i couldnt get it to do that. 

A visual bug - focus level indicators left active (was fighting about 10 mins before).

Jk95G6I.png

Will Draft animals require a different saddle? The one we could make called Large saddle?

7 minutes ago, Subie said:

Will Draft animals require a different saddle? The one we could make called Large saddle?

I don’t think they do. Also saddle item called harness would be nice for bonus to carts 

There is few traits are not in the patch notes, but it exist in game:
unknown.png

unknown.png

17 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

There is few traits are not in the patch notes, but it exist in game:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Looks like those were in the super horses. Maybe they are not meant to be released in the game, that's why they hotfixed. 

(If traits are fixed at conception, they couldn't be in game now.)

Edited by CistaCista
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CistaCista said:

Looks like those were in the super horses. Maybe they are not meant to be released in the game, that's why they hotfixed.

I've got it after fix

legacy horses with all valuable traits are super horses, which you never will repeat.

Edited by Nelsy

Breeding time

20 AH  39.7 seconds

70 AH  39.7 seconds

Defiance server

I love the Focus indicator QoL fix :)

Edited by Omar

Regarding the strange math folks are seeing.

Wurm already said negative traits are not going to have negative points. Bad traits are bad so I'd expect Wurm to not only nerf us for some status affect but also eat up some trait points too. Having negative traits have zero affect on trait count isn't hard core enough (sarcasm). Given how small the negative points are compared to the positives this makes sense to me.

This doesn't explain some of the strange math I'm seeing even if we assume that negative traits are being treated as positive values. My only guess is either a) their are some hidden values we don't see or b) Wurm is doing a strange ceiling rounding math.

• Like 1

Of the horses I checked only one had the numbers add up correctly, every other one had 5-10 points too many. I guess another patch is due soon.

Ya slowed down my 5 speed hell horses. They ran, now they crawl. Not a happy camper

• Like 1

Just checked an "accustomed to water" horse it seems it gives a flat +5km/h after a few tiles walking in shallow water and back to base speed after a few tiles walked off water.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KellyTxX said:

i couldnt get it to do that. 

I was able to duplicate it. Use scythe to gather grass. That left a tile named 'hay, wet, untended'. Then use scythe to harvest. I got 50 grasses. Mine were not 100 QL but were 95+ ish. That left me w/ a dirt tile.

Since no Dev's going bonkers over this, I am starting to think this may be intended?

9 hours ago, gnomegates said:

Animals hitched to a hitching post will now prioritize eating out of their trough rather than grazing on the floor.

This will be a problem with hell horses hitched to the hitching posts. As they go aggressive if there is no food in the hitching post. 

The way it works now is that you can keep food in the hitching post, but they will graze on the enchanted grass that I have them on. Now they will be going aggressive after they eat the food out of the hitching post...this is deadly for those of us breeding them. They will still graze after the food is gone, but it makes using hitching posts with them useless almost. :( Please rethink this or rework this. This really is going to have an effect on us hell horse breeders.

Other then that, I'm excited to see the new changes and have fun learning the new combos of traits. Thanks for the update! Keep up the great work!

Pardon me if I misunderstood what you're saying, but I do believe there is no problem because of the hitching post is empty then the hell horses will graze your enchanted grass. They just prioritize the hitching post now.

First off excited to see how all these new changes create a new and diverse market for animals and hopefully they will have a lot more meaning now.

Second, I do believe that a lot more in this update was taken from ideas that the community had come up with and I do believe those people should be credited with something as simple as "idea by @[name]" or something of the manner. I believe seeing the community get credited will make people feel more heard and more likely to provide more ideas.

For example, in the Valrei International for this update we were told that negative points would no longer be a thing because of inbreeding and Genesis problems. We proposed some solutions and it looks like the devs may have taken some inspiration and fixed inbreeding, but I do not see any form of credit to the people who proposed those solutions. I think the people who proposed those solutions may believe/know that the devs took their idea and put it into the game, but people without context may not know that. To them it looks like the devs have acted entirely independent to the community and it's voice, and to me that is where the problem lies. 

Now onto the actual patch notes!

10 hours ago, DevBlog said:

New: Vehicle Changes

• Vehicles now slow down as they gain load.
  • The vehicle itself does not add to the weight of itself only its contents this allows cart speeds to stay consistent with before unloaded.
  • Weight of the vehicle is split evenly between all the haulers.
  • Empty carts will continue to go the same speed, only loaded carts will see any reduction.
  • A vehicle’s quality helps offset the weight in a vehicle, this effect starts at above 30 quality and will reduce the weight penalty up to 3x at 100 quality.
  • The weight of the user’s inventory counts onto the vehicle’s weight now.
  • Having all draft traits will give a speed bonus instead of speed traits when a creature is hitched.
  • Players shouldn’t notice much difference outside wagons loaded up with tons of materials.

From listening to my viewers, people ingame, and those on the Discord it sounds like this feature doesn't work at all. I for one have a wagon with like 10k kg of material in it and it doesn't make any difference to my speed. I've also heard of people who get an INCREASE in movement speed when putting tons of material in their vehicle. It sounds like something is broken and this definitely needs looking at. I also believe that if we really want this to be a mechanic that it should probably also apply to boats. 

New: Added a new item: Hay Bed

• This bed gives 75% of the sleep bonus a regular bed gives
  • Uses mixed grass and a plank to create

Would love to see the Hay Bed be an improvable object so that it differs from just a bedroll which also provides 75% sleep bonus and it would also provide a bit more purpose to Thatching which I think could definitely use some love. 

• Change: Added a new title for 100 Pottery. Congrats to Deppen!
  • Change: 70 Soul Depth title is now “Spirited”

Could we know what the 100 Pottery title is just as the 70 Soul Depth title was announced? >.<

New: Added an in-game Wurmpedia window

Just reiterating my suggestion from the VI, but tabs would be a huge plus for a future addition to this update. Whenever I search the wiki I'm almost always doing it with multiple tabs.

Also, when we close the ingame window I think it'd be great if it could save the current state it left on rather than returning to the home page when it's later reopened. Idea by@shuego

Thanks for all the work you guys do.  I hope we can continue to improve the relationship between community and devs, and also improve the game.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TeeeBOMB said:

I was able to duplicate it. Use scythe to gather grass. That left a tile named 'hay, wet, untended'. Then use scythe to harvest. I got 50 grasses. Mine were not 100 QL but were 95+ ish. That left me w/ a dirt tile.

Since no Dev's going bonkers over this, I am starting to think this may be intended?

From what I understand, it's fully intended that these new cut grass tiles give large amounts of grass. Considering just how little food is provided by 3-4 grass, this is a really reasonable change. I always thought it was a bit silly that if a creature ate a wild grass tile down to dirt, they got enormous amounts of food, but if you harvested the tile down to short, you got less food than a single pumpkin

I had a low ql wagon, there were 65 fallen trees in it, the speed was about 13km/s. I improved it to 71ql, but did not notice any difference in speed, when my wagon is empty, its speed does not change either. Before update its speed been 18.7km/s

Edited by Nelsy

So after searching INdy ALL day, I have found SEVEN valriel items from a mission over a week ago (49 glowing jars) and ZERO donkeys.

7 hours ago, Xagru said:

Looks like some bug?

I have this also but its on my low mem client and lower settings  (just shows dirt and can still use rake or pitchfork on it) but my other toon with latest client and higher settings sees the hay piles. Not sure if its the client or i have a terrain setting turned down too low.

Maybe I missed it but how many points do we get per 10 levels of AH or howerver now?

When are we gonna see the low mem version for the new client?

Ah yes were lets increase the grind to keep players  playing , got to love it ...

Any Wurm staff able to report on the:

1. Crazy math issues.

2. Apparent speed issues (QL doesn't seem to matter and load weight not making a difference (Nelsy post 3 above this).

Thank you!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this