Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 26/MAY/2021

5 minutes ago, Mitzie said:

Horse traits.. do we still have the old traits too? or just these 24 new traits?

Old traits as well.

I can't wait to get out of my mines to work with animals again!

So when you have a breeding pair maxed to the number of traits you can handle at your AH skill level and roll a rare trait, does it add it to the normal traits you would have bred, or replace one of the normal traits? If it replaces, rare rolls on speed and draft animals may be a bad thing

6d4ec5748063c16df55e6f24299ed387.png

so you need 70 ah to breed the same 5s horses you were breeding pre-patch (you still need draft traits on horses as they increase the amount you can have in inventory before slowing down)? seems a bit rough

• Like 7

Are ship transporters any slower? They were super slow before, I wonder how they handle now. 

any clue how long we are down this time?

• Like 1

Blah, my cart went from 38 km/h to 29 km/h and only goes back to 31 with Draft Hell Horses....thats a pretty big change!

This is with an empty cart

No gear on HH except for horse shoes (8x rare with 90-105 woa)

My total inventory weight was 31

I don't see how this is a good thing. 

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 8

After a short time on cart and wagon., one word:  Ouch.  Going to take a lot of getting used to crawling again.

Good thing I took my good armor to go exploring. Can't outrun anything.

24 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

6d4ec5748063c16df55e6f24299ed387.png

so you need 70 ah to breed the same 5s horses you were breeding pre-patch (you still need draft traits on horses as they increase the amount you can have in inventory before slowing down)? seems a bit rough

RIP

WOW!  Wasn't expecting this update to go live quite so fast - AWESOME!  Now just waiting for the server to come back up so I can play with it - the suspense is killing me - lol

Honestly, needing 70+ AH is probably the way it always should have been.  50 skill to be at the top of the game was just silly.  What I don't like is seeing the big slow down folks are reporting.  We should be getting faster than we were at 50, not magically seeing everything drop to a crawl.  Most of what people do is on carts and wagons, so seeing them gimp down so much is really frustrating.

Maybe do a gradual speed depreciation over the next few months, to allow folks to skill back up and replace their stock of draft animals?  Either that or make the base speed for draft in the new system somewhat comparable to our current speed carts and wagons, then as we skill up and breed up the new traits, we gain even more speed improvements?

Is there anyone playing that would object to going faster than we used to after reaching high AH and perfect breeds?

• Like 4

Mine says 'Network Error: < Connection refused: connect> will try again, bla bla bla...

So. were servers up and I missed it? Darnint.

Just now, TeeeBOMB said:

Mine says 'Network Error: < Connection refused: connect> will try again, bla bla bla...

Servers were up for about 45 minutes.  Several donkey caps reported in chat.  I nabbed 2 bison, but saw no donkeys.  Cart slowdown is harsh.  Was getting bashed by a troll on the highway and couldn't outrun it like I used to...then server restart, hope it saved me and I don't come back dead.....

Just now, TeeeBOMB said:

Mine is still showing as Server Shutting down...I think it went back up but they had to do a hot fix?!?

1 minute ago, Shagsangel said:

Mine is still showing as Server Shutting down...I think it went back up but they had to do a hot fix?!?

The shutdown report had to do with a minor change to superhorses, nothing major.  thinking it should be back up soon.

1 minute ago, Shagsangel said:

said something about "fixing superhorses"?, just before it went down again

The good news was that most horse breeders seemed to be pleased with their animals, exception hell horses.  

1 minute ago, Serzane said:

minor change to superhorses

So then the question is - What is a Superhorse?

• Like 1

my favorite is

• Bugfix: Corrected a spelling error in the Switch Diety Window

:)👍

+1:)👍

• New: Added the ability to disable the pulsating chat tabs via the UI tab in Settings
  • Bugfix: Containers in the toolbelt will now properly show item count
  • Bugfix: Selected items will now show the item count in non-inventory container windows

so many good fixes

Edited by Finnn

So, can it please be clarified; are we doing more work for just about the same speed result as old 5speeds, or will a fully specialized horse reach faster speeds? 

my cart hellies were "super horses" to me ...just sayin...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LynD said:

So then the question is - What is a Superhorse?

I think some people were reporting horses with huge numbers of rare traits.

Just now, Synjor said:

So, can it please be clarified; are we doing more work for just about the same speed result as old 5speeds, or will a fully specialized horse reach faster speeds? 

this is going to depend on your current AH skill imho but yes, generally there will be more work.  Your old 5speed horses don't lose anything.  

2 minutes ago, Ajala said:

I think some people were reporting horses with huge numbers of rare traits.

Yes and one of those traits is immortal :)

Sign in to follow this