Sign in to follow this  
Borstaskor

Branding rename for villagers, not only the mayor

I got a few positive responses on some of my suggestions in the latest VI-post, so here's one of them copy pasted with some possible modifications:

Please allow people who are not mayor to rename branded animals via the permissions feature. Possibly as a deed permission.

There are breeders who name their branded animals like "FM, CM" which can be very helpful. The fact that only a mayor can do so can be very frustrating for a villager who is doing the AH stuff and things on the deed. You shouldn't need to call your mayor over every time you want to rename newborn foals, in my opinion.

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 13

oh yes ,please! +1

Having to constantly ask your mayor to rename your animals is annoying for both of us and unnecessary.

• Like 1

+1 This has been asked for before and is still very much needed!

This sounds like a must now that breeding Bisons, sheep, pigs, etc is far more interesting with the new system. Either that or those animals should also get named automatically like horses do.

• Like 1

Yeah. I don't understand why this isn't tied to "Branding permission" already.

As I understand it, if you have permission to brand an animal, you can remove its brand, lead it to another village, get that village's mayor to brand it and rename it and unbrand it, and then you can lead it back to your own village and brand it once again.

It would be far simpler to just rename the animal in one step.

• Like 2

+1 (I will remove mine. We worded ourselves differently. For some reason, that made me not see yours, as when I was looking, I got shiploads of irrelevant posts)

• Like 1

Can +1 this as well, constant source of frustration for us on deed, eh, @Berms?;)

+1 From me too, I do all the work for 100+ animals on a neighbors deed and having to wait for the Mayor of that deed to log on and name the new additions is more than a hassle. He has limited play time and the last thing he needs to do is spend a chunk of it doing this when I am more than willing and able.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 4:44 PM, Sheffie said:

Yeah. I don't understand why this isn't tied to "Branding permission" already.

Cause it's not that easy. Imagine a deed with 30 people having rename permission screwing things up in error or on purpose and then imagine how many horses with offensive names (think sexual content, racial slurs, etc.) would be running around. Now it's easy: branded horse badly renamed? Blame the mayor.

5 minutes ago, Eobersig said:

Imagine a deed with 30 people having rename permission screwing things up in error or on purpose and then imagine how many horses with offensive names (think sexual content, racial slurs, etc.) would be running around. Now it's easy: branded horse badly renamed? Blame the mayor.

imagine if you could right click a horse, go permissions - history of animal and it had a log of everyone who renamed the horse with dates times and stuff that'd be absolutely wild lol

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Eobersig said:

Cause it's not that easy. Imagine a deed with 30 people having rename permission screwing things up in error or on purpose and then imagine how many horses with offensive names (think sexual content, racial slurs, etc.) would be running around. Now it's easy: branded horse badly renamed? Blame the mayor.

If a mayor was foolish enough to give 30 people perms to rename then that's still on the mayor! ;)

• Like 2

This is the one thing I want in the game more than anything else.  My husband is the AH person, and I'm the Mayor, and we have little naming parties where he gathers all the animals and I name them for him, but it would be so much easier if I could just give him naming permission.

The naming history of the animal is already logged.  It's in the permission history - it's easy to tell who the last person to name an animal is, so you'd know who to blame if an inappropriate name was given.

I'd rather that naming was a separate permission from branding, but would be fine either way.

• Like 1

i dont name any animals but why not, it should have been this way all along.