Sign in to follow this  
atazs

“Jackal is a repeating PvE server that restarts every 6 months, allowing a continual fresh start and easier entry into the Wurm Online world,” Code Club says.

It's almost like, if they were to put some more effort into Jackal it could be a major, recurring reentry point for players! 

Hell, just give us challenge if it's too much work

Also, what happened to that "esports" event that was supposed to be held? A repeating, fresh start could actually make a competition like that work. 

• Like 3

Huh, this reminds me of silly me that skipped jackal cuz I wanted to work on my deed at that time thinking I will do it in second round

54 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Huh, this reminds me of silly me that skipped jackal cuz I wanted to work on my deed at that time thinking I will do it in second round

I ended up skipping most of it as the early grind was just so slow for something that only lasts 6 months. But if they work out the kinks and improve upon stuff like that then I'd love to try another round. It's a shame that they seem to have killed it off.

• Like 1

Bring back Jackal, but do a 1:1 skill transfer instead of starting from zero.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Synjor said:

Also, what happened to that "esports" event that was supposed to be held? A repeating, fresh start could actually make a competition like that work. 

As stated many times, it's not an "esports" thing. It's no different than contests we have held in the past and will be launching after the update now that everything's been sorted/approved by the big guys :)

• Like 2

Can someone please enlighten those of us who weren't around for past contests as to what they entailed? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Minnie said:

Can someone please enlighten those of us who weren't around for past contests as to what they entailed? Thanks.

Usually building things in a theme, coming up with art or stories/poems based on wurm, screenshot competitions, etc.

21 hours ago, nicedreams said:

100%, Jackal was awesome, they could fix a few of the pain points like the "too jagged" terrain too pretty easily.

Also requiring chaining of the influence zones! 

On 5/24/2021 at 1:33 PM, nicedreams said:

Give me a reason to pay premium.

• Like 1

Ok, but we can have only either 1:1 skill transfer, but no 3x kill gain. I would be fine with 1:0.33 skill transfer too, but not the fuss from last time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Ok, but we can have only either 1:1 skill transfer, but no 3x kill gain. I would be fine with 1:0.33 skill transfer too, but not the fuss from last time.

I'm fine with just 1:1 with no types of gains.  The Jackal server itself is incentive enough to play with the different environment, scenery and reason (the goal) to be there.  As long as all the grinding skill I did on Jackal is 1:1 back to freedom I'm happy.

Hunting over there and earn Jackal Points to get some Jackal type wood or skins back on Freedom.  Even if no rewards I'd still do Jackal for the fun of it.

Just want something else to do.  That's why don't want to start over at zero.  Then I'm just mining for 2 days straight to get my base skills up.  Boring.

I don't remember if they allowed enchanting, but If they do this with no skill reset, they shouldn't allow enchants on anything or I feel it would turn into some advantage and others just doing Jackal to make money.  Instead of a grind it would be waiting for others to sell advanced gear/weapons.  I think it would ruin any type of balance to Jackal mobs since they have to account for some people not having an advantage with enchants and others to that have LT and other enchants.

They should let NFI and SFI both do Jackal together.  Be the only way to meet up with others and have some fun and meet new people .

Edited by nicedreams

NFI and SFI is like West coast VS east coast rappers 

I always thought Jackal was just their way of testing fresh start progression speed for the new steam launch with gimicks to get a decent number to participate.  Basically a test server but not calling it that to get people to actually invest time in it. Never believed it would remain a common thing.  Might just be me being cynical tho. 

No carry over advantageous rewards please. People should do this kind of thing because they think it's fun. Not because they want some widget. I dont' see a problem with a title or some decoration item.

1 hour ago, Eleraan said:

I always thought Jackal was just their way of testing fresh start progression speed for the new steam launch with gimicks to get a decent number to participate.  Basically a test server but not calling it that to get people to actually invest time in it. Never believed it would remain a common thing.  Might just be me being cynical tho. 

Jackal is a re-themed Wurm pretty much with focus on cleansing the map from Rift creatures.  All of the trees, creatures and some other stuff are different models.  You can get a bug mount (Reminds me of UO beetles).  Different trees/woods to craft items from that are not in Original Wurm.  Always wanted some of the wood from Jackal to come to Original Wurm from using Jackal points.  Skins and Woods are decent rewards for being over there.  Was more than a test server.  Was something fresh to do.

I'm a broken record on Jackal.  :D

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 1