Sign in to follow this  
Berms

Love Effect Bugged

Love Effect should turn all hostile creatures around you into friendly.

From Wurmpedia:

"If you are fighting an animal and use this ability while sticking around, you will auto-attack back, which makes it continue fighting. Backing off and no-targeting should fix it"

I've had the following situation:

Near a troll but not in combat yet.

Troll noticed me and before he start running towards me, I used Love Effect, backed off and did no-target.

He then turned green (outlined), waited for a second, turned red again and start running towards me.

When he turned green for a second, there was no combat disturbing the Love Effect nor did the troll hit/attack me once or vice verca so it had no reason to go hostile (red) again.

Edited by Berms

Not a bug... You have to use Love Effect after you back off, not before. If something is targeting you while you use it, they'll continue to perform the routine of a creature targeting a player, even if they show up as green.

If you back off, they become idle and untarget you, then you use LE, it should work hunky-dory.

4 hours ago, Antony said:

Not a bug... You have to use Love Effect after you back off, not before. If something is targeting you while you use it, they'll continue to perform the routine of a creature targeting a player, even if they show up as green.

If you back off, they become idle and untarget you, then you use LE, it should work hunky-dory.

Still think this is a bug and shouldn't happen. 

There is no logic or wogic in doing the acrobatics you described to make this skill work which you can only use ONCE every 18h and so 0 room for mistakes. 

You cast the spell, any animal that went green at that time AND is not in direct combat with you, should be charmed/made friendly, otherwise this spell is utterly useless. 

Love effect works on trolls now? Once upon a time it only worked on animals I'm sure? Maybe they should just change it back 😀

The spell is not utterly useless, it seems like you are too lazy or stubborn to use it properly.

46 minutes ago, Wulfgar said:

Love effect works on trolls now? Once upon a time it only worked on animals I'm sure? Maybe they should just change it back 😀

The spell is not utterly useless, it seems like you are too lazy or stubborn to use it properly.

Too lazy to click "Love Effect"? 

What use does the spell have if it doesn't provide the escape you're looking for? 

And afaik, it always turned all hostiles into friendlies.

Maybe you were too lazy to actually try out the spell. 

Because it makes sense to run back, right click and no-target while the spell should just have "charmed" him right away. 

Yea, another one of those wurm bugs turned into a "feature" I bet. 

Edited by Berms

It is not a bug, and I think Antony explained it well.

Too lazy to back off and disengage before pressing Love Effect.

If you played when meditation was originally introduced, and used the Love Effect back then, then I accept your claim that it always worked on other creatures. I still think it works as intended.

16 hours ago, Berms said:

Still think this is a bug and shouldn't happen. 

I encourage you to make a suggestion to have it changed.