Give us this type of roofs 

https://imgur.com/a/2qDGKhZ

👉👈😏

(Ofc I meant this shape, cause ((almost)) every roof in wurm looks bad, because you can only make this  /\  )

Edited by Chihuahua
  • Like 5

This photo is from wurmpedia and you cant even build this kind of roofs just this freaking pyramid roof

yes we got this 

9REzLgn.png

we want this 

bkkse4f.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Maiya said:

yes we got this 

9REzLgn.png

we want this 

bkkse4f.png

Exactly.

• Like 3

I can see there being issues with coding the 2nd, more natural looking, roof. Maybe they could decrease the slope of the roof so that it's not so steep, maybe put in options for how steep the slope is, like 10, 20, and 30 degrees of slope or something like that. As it is now, if you have a single or two story building that's 4-5 tiles wide or more, the roof is taller than the building, which looks, frankly, stupid.

I remember the dramas of getting multistorey houses and roofs to work in the first place. Including the chimneys of forges and ovens.

Now we have bridges, we could use a similar style of custom recipe generation.

But don't for one moment think you are asking for a small thing here. I think they'd have to replace the entire roof code.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 2:14 PM, Drayka said:

I think they'd have to replace the entire roof code.

If that is what it takes then so be it :) 

Was time to bump this  ;)

• Like 2

I think adding any kind of new roof is a lot of logistics - but it would be a wonderful upgrade.

I'd like to see:

• Roof design choices - Shed, Gabled, Hipped, maybe dutch gabled
    • With Shed and Gabled roofs, there is some wall visible, I can imagine it would either assume the material of the wall below, or would require choice of wall material.
  • Roof slope choices (choose slope % from some presets)
  • Roof direction choice (for Shed and Gabled, directionality matters)

Getting the roof models to play nice over irregularly shaped houses is an issue - but one they've handled pretty well with the current hipped roofs.
All of the above assumes the same basic roofing system that we have now, although with alterations.

A change I'd love to see but that I think would be much harder to implement would be the ability to choose what roof style covers a given portion of the house.  Mixing and matching would allow for some really creative roofing.

• Like 1

+1 from me. 

Trying to plan a new build but am struggling because roof mechanics kinda suck. I want a nice shape for the new castle, but the standard hipped roof isn't hip.