Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Tweak for priests denied actions: let Libila priests dig on pvp servers only

Hi!

In pvp you need to be able to make deeds surrounded by huge dirt walls and have your main character be a priest because it brings more power and utility than a normal toon during fights.

For black light that is an issue because it means your entire fighting force will have to be a priest that cannot help with creating new deeds and fix your current ones after an attack and also have a stats handicap vs the white light priests that can do that and gain body str and body stam.

So would it be possible to let libila priests dig on pvp servers only to balance this issue?

Say a white light kingdom has 10ppl they can all go priest and work on the dirt walls for black light that is impossible and creates a big disadvantage.

Alternatively i would suggest you guys consider adding a token for priests in the marks store where they can buy it then use it in order to swap their default denied action with another. For example: a lib priest may chose to be able to dig and renounce woodcutting or mining a vyn would be able to choose to be able to mine instead of woodcutting etc.

If it would seem too strong another solution could be to let them unlock the denied action in exchange for alligment cap? Like say a Lib would want to unlock digging too but then that would mean they can only get max 90 alligment? or 80 or 70?

Ideal solution: make Mag BL so can balance 2v2 😻

TL:DR In a pvp meta with huge dirt walls for deeds and all priest fighters, WL has 2 out of 3 priests that can dig while BL has none. That is a big handicap

Edited by Cipacadrinho
  • Like 1

Just remove priest restrictions. I can't dig as a mag priest. How would mag going BL be balance.? You still cant dig. WL has to choose between 3 gods not.  Bl is already broken to a degree solo. Not to mention in the lore mag was the one to make Lib lose her mind.

• Like 1

Mag going BL would be so unbalanced, you'd then have arguably the 2 strongest pvp priests in one kingdom, nope.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

Mag going BL would be so unbalanced, you'd then have arguably the 2 strongest pvp priests in one kingdom, nope.

They would be rebalanced obviously to be 2v2 is not ment to stay with same stuff as now.

• Like 1

you know, a swap for your denied action through the marks store, would be a good way around that. make it limited so you cant switch more then say once every three months. 

• Like 1

+1 for buying a swap for actions. Happy with a fixed penalty for being disaligned from your deity.

I don't like this idea. There needs to be drawbacks to being a priest so that a proportion of people still need to remain followers. If everyone except was a priest except a few crafting alts, that'd be pretty stupid.

57 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

-1 not everyone needs to be a priest

everybody doing animal husbandry needs to be a fo priest.. no exceptions

2 minutes ago, Finnn said:

everybody doing animal husbandry needs to be a fo priest.. no exceptions

Yes you are right this is completely related to blacklighters and deed building

On 6/4/2021 at 2:02 PM, Ols said:

I don't like this idea. There needs to be drawbacks to being a priest so that a proportion of people still need to remain followers. If everyone except was a priest except a few crafting alts, that'd be pretty stupid.

I agree but the problem is that in pvp specifically in order to fight and be competitive you must be a priest and at the same time the best defence for a deed is it's dirt walls and BL players are forced to choose either be able to build/repair dirt wall but be handicaped in a fight or do it separately on an alt while WL can do it on same character: be both a fighting priest and build/repair dirt walls.

On 6/6/2021 at 4:34 AM, SmeJack said:

-1 not everyone needs to be a priest

In pvp they do and we are discussing a change for a pvp server here.

No they dont, if everyone was a priest they would only have noob gear. If you want to be taken seriously then you need to be less dramatic.

8 hours ago, SmeJack said:

No they dont, if everyone was a priest they would only have noob gear. If you want to be taken seriously then you need to be less dramatic.

Yes because champs and kingdom crafter does not exi.... oh wait.

Ah so not everyone needs to be/is a priest, thanks for clearing that up :)

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

Ah so not everyone needs to be/is a priest, thanks for clearing that up :)

1-2 toons that are used for crafting do not make the bulk of a pvp kingdom and definately not the fighting force.

Now please come with your non priest character and 1v1 anyone on chaos and see how you do. Then have an opinion.

Aparently you were some epic pvp-er (pun intended) from 10 years ago who staid inside deed and only came out when had a ton of people around.

Nice pvp bro:)

I guess if you need to resort to third hand information as the basis for some kind of attempt to put me down then your argument must be pretty weak and unable to stand on its own.

9 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

I guess if you need to resort to third hand information as the basis for some kind of attempt to put me down then your argument must be pretty weak and unable to stand on its own.

Allegedly third hand information.

But let me humor you :)

Okay pvp expert lets run a common scenario on a pvp server:

WL attacks a BL deed... when they get to the dirt walls they can all start digging it down right? Most pvp priests in a WL kingdom are Fo's so they can spam ligh of Fo and refreshes while helping out with the dirt walls.

What happends when BL attacks a WL deed? They can sit and watch how their 1 or 2 non priest dudes try to dig out an entire dirt wall by themselves? Oh they dont have to be priests you said?

So they can just start digging and fight the defenders Light's of Fo's, Refreshes, Firehearts etc. with what?.... the .. power of friendship?

Lets not forget that alot of the BL bonuses are from mycellium that WL can just remove with a single action with their shovel while BL cannot do that to remove any of the WL's terrain bonuses.

You dont play Chaos you dont play HotS so you dont have any clue what the discussion is all about and have been attempting to derail this thread with your small jabs and comments for a while.

So my invitation stays... if the info about you being a dirt wall hugger on Epic pvp and only coming out to organise a barmitzvah or whatever you guys called going out 20-30 grp to pvp, if all of that is false.. please come to Chaos and fight any combat priest with your non priest toon and after lets exchange notes:)

1 minute ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Most pvp priests in a WL kingdom are Fo's

mag who can't dig, healing resistance makes having more than 2-3 fo's to get around tangleweaves pointless

1 minute ago, Cipacadrinho said:

What happends when BL attacks a WL deed? They can sit and watch how their 1 or 2 non priest dudes try to dig out an entire dirt wall by themselves?

if you raid a deed with 1-2 people who can dig thats on you, but two people can flatraise a ramp pretty fast if the dirt is already in crates

9 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

So they can just start digging and fight the defenders Light's of Fo's, Refreshes, Firehearts etc. with what?.... the .. power of friendship?

you don't use refresh in a defending scenario you just walk into a minehop, healing resistance and spell resistance make multiple people spamming spells have no effect so you just don't use them more than once

4 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Lets not forget that alot of the BL bonuses are from mycellium that WL can just remove with a single action with their shovel while BL cannot do that to remove any of the WL's terrain bonuses.

corrupt with 10 links (which shouldn't be a problem if you have so many lib priests that you can't dig a wall) turns all tiles within a 23x23 area centered around the caster into mycellium which removes all enemy kingdom tile bonuses, and lib global turns any altar influence into mycellium too. Libs combat bonus is also not tied to mycellium, all the bonuses apart from a very mild stamina reduction when moving on mycellium are not pvp related at all so not really an issue. at a deed you're probably going to be fighting on pavement much more than mycellium anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Allegedly third hand information.

But let me humor you :)

Okay pvp expert lets run a common scenario on a pvp server:

WL attacks a BL deed... when they get to the dirt walls they can all start digging it down right? No, not all of them. Most pvp priests in a WL kingdom are Fo's so they can spam ligh of Fo and refreshes while helping out with the dirt walls. Perhaps most perhaps not, been seeing a rise in Mag and have known quite a few Vyns.

What happends when BL attacks a WL deed? They can sit and watch how their 1 or 2 non priest dudes try to dig out an entire dirt wall by themselves? You don't need to remove an entire dirt wall unless your aim is to remove the deed. They can continue sieging and work on mining to prepare for disintegrate and provide cover and distraction for the diggers in event defenders are present. Oh they dont have to be priests you said? Correct

So they can just start digging and fight the defenders Light's of Fo's, Refreshes, Firehearts etc. with what?.... the .. power of friendship? Scorn of  libila, Drain health, Pain rain, Fungus trap

Lets not forget that alot of the BL bonuses are from mycellium that WL can just remove with a single action with their shovel while BL cannot do that to remove any of the WL's terrain bonuses. Can drop one dirt with no action timer to remove 4 sand tiles and can cast fungus linked to all your useless priests to spam mycelium in large swathes

You dont play Chaos you dont play HotS so you dont have any clue what the discussion is all about and have been attempting to derail this thread with your small jabs and comments for a while. Ive played Hots many times and am currently.

So my invitation stays... if the info about you being a dirt wall hugger on Epic pvp and only coming out to organise a barmitzvah or whatever you guys called going out 20-30 grp to pvp, if all of that is false.. please come to Chaos and fight any combat priest with your non priest toon and after lets exchange notes:)

I retired from pvp a while ago outside of short skirmishes with mates especially since these days it all happens at 6am I don't need to come to Chaos just to make you feel better about a weak suggestion but thanks for the offer

On pve only Mag can strongwall, on pvp all priests can strongwall and this change was made citing pvp balance.

My argument is, considering all deeds on pvp servers have massive dirt walls why can't all priests be allowed to dig in the interest of pvp balance?

2 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

So they can just start digging and fight the defenders Light's of Fo's, Refreshes, Firehearts etc. with what?.... the .. power of friendship? Scorn of  libila, Drain health, Pain rain, Fungus trap

No this is my question for your scenario where you said BL dont have to be priests? I cant be a non priest and dig or be a priest and cast those? So which one is it? Can i pvp as a BL non priest and be able to dig or i need to be a priest to cast all of that in which case i cannot dig:)

You complained that there were only two diggers so there should be no shortage of priests to cast

Just now, SmeJack said:

You complained that there were only two diggers so there should be no shortage of priests to cast

Yes but will only 2 diggers there will be no progress made on the wall. So now i can have Scorn of  libila, Drain health, Pain rain, Fungus trap etc but the deed is not falling.

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

if you raid a deed with 1-2 people who can dig thats on you, but two people can flatraise a ramp pretty fast if the dirt is already in crates

Bro im BL i dont have a choice. I can either go there with more diggers and 1-2 Lib priest in which case i wont be able to grp fight versus your Fo's and Mag's combat priests attacks and spells or i can have combat priests too and then maybe win the fight and have the enemy respawn inside the deed being attacked but now all my priests are done cant help us remove the massive dirt wall and get in and  your answer is: well is not our fault you only brought 2 ppl that can dig 😂

Also you both say that latelly thres less Fo's and more Mag's for WL and even tho Fo's can dig the Mag's cannot. Well they dont need to since they can Goat Shape themselves and start climbing if they go low stam still guesss what they can get a Refresh from a Fo priest.

Libila cannot do any of that so need to dig or not getting thru.

L.E. The only play as a lib priest would be to cast corrupt on the dirt wall tile to make it a mycellium one right? Because on wiki it says lib priests and followers get less stam drain on myccelium tiles. But we dont know how much of a stam drain discount that is but i would imagine because of the slope people would not be able to shovel cultivate to remove it?.Is the slope of a tile preventing just the sowing action or the cultivate one too? Because if it does not then is over a WL guy can just come activate the shovel and cultivate the tile and is over is dirt again.

We have drain stam? Is like 15s to cast and need to have the enemy character or mob in range and they must have stamina to have a chance to gain any significant ammount. Youre telling me that if a lib priest starts to climb a dirt wall the enemy will peak one guy from top and not move for 15s straight after a big message apears in middle of his  screen that says:  X begins to cast Drain Stamina on you!.

If i were WL i would just toggle climb walk a toon on the opening so he has no stamina and bait a drain stamina cast just to crush the lib priests dreams:)

Meanwhile a Fo priest can just cast Refresh on himself or anybody else and get full stam while a Mag priest can just cast Mass Stamina and refresh everybody then shrug at libila priest peasants asking to be able to dig :)

Edited by Cipacadrinho