Sign in to follow this  
puncher

Priest conversion

So on Xanadu its pretty darn hard at times to find somebody to convert you to  a priest.  

I am sure other servers on SFI have the same issue as well.

Then what did my eyes behold but NFI has a NPC in starter towns that can convert at any time.

No more begging for summons or meeting up and all that jazz just head to the starter town and pow done.

This is not a request for an added feature. 

This is a WTF over why aint it on SFI already. 

Screw chaos white light crap nobody has time for it.

When you do that very nice AH update how about ya just slip in that NPC on all SFI starter areas.  Stop the old school madness and update us as well...hmm what ya think devs?

• Like 6

The NPC's were placed as NFI lacks white/black lights, as you know. From what i remember, they were supposed to be removed after some time but were probably forgotten lmao

However, I don't actually know if they're capable of converting people who already have a religion. They're mean't for fresh toons, but i think having them available at all starter towns for new players is definitely a good idea

get a priest to summon you to them, priest up, karma/summon/suicide home, even on xanadu it's fairly easy. nfi only has religious advisor because there's no connected pvp server to visit wl/bl (even p/r had gm converting priests for a bit iirc) but since theres plenty of priests now it could be removed. doesn't really seem necessary imho, especially when you can just go to a social event like a rift and there's plenty of priests there

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

You know I played this 5 years ago, I'm a returning player, there are others who have returned as well.

NFI should not have features that SFI doesn't.  I don't care the reasoning, the mechanics we have on SFI should also be on NFI.  No exceptions no excuses.

Sailing to the PvP server should be a thing as well.  PMK should also be a thing over on NFI, you got streamers who already have deeds with over 25 people on them who wish they could make a banner or such on NFI but can't because you held back such features from them.

This is stuff that brought you income, make use of it.  NFI may have the most population right now, but you're holding them back from experiencing the fullness that others have on SFI.

I mean I just paid for another 5 Silver JUST to get a wagon that had the JK template on it.

Want y our servers to keep running, want to be able to pay some of your devs, provide such features to NFI and bring NFI features to SFI

Give NFI sailing to PvP and PMKs

• Like 3

The point is it hurts NOTHING to QOL this and add it in game.

Not all servers have priests on all the time and I get the whole player interaction and transaction but this aint a sale of player made items.

It would prob affect things in a good way as then the person wanting to priest can get on with with leveling and using skills they gain to further their immersion.

I know on xan trying to get to priest without summon is a royal pita for a lot of people

• Like 3

Good QoL just to have the NPC at starter towns. Makes sense it's not on the pvp servers because it promotes travel and possible pvp.

• Like 1

I think priests should also be able to convert by speaking to the god avatars that spawn for missions.

Of course they aren't always up and they can be hard to find, but neither are players that can help. At least this would be an adventure and it would be really cool and make a lot of sense from an immersion perspective. It would also be a heck of a lot more fun than what we did which was to ask around for several days getting little response, then use an entire evening to travel across the server just to sit and wait for a couple of hours until the only priest we could locate finally logged in.

Locate the avatar, right click on it and select the option "become a priest" and then the avatar can give a little speech (eg. the inscription from the big altar) and then you're done.  

Edited by Vorticella
  • Like 4

i dont see the problem in having this in all starter towns, if you ask me this should also have the opotion to change religion.

I was looking for weeks on someone to help me convert to mag, and i was searching on all servers.

It can be harder then you think to find a priest to convert.

At this point i was new player with no fighting skill so going to chaos wasnt an option, not sure how easy access to the white altar is but i was sure there would be a bear or worse that would stop me from converting.

Edited by Stinboi

I am bit reserved about the proposal. It is too much automatizing and "I want it NOW and EASY" in my opinion. I usually have all 3 WL priests (mag one is pausing atm albeit not for long), and always offer summons to my place, no matter whether priest or laypeople conversions. Personally, I ran over well 2k tiles for my first conversion at a sermon circle as a noob and f2p, and neither repent that nor would want to miss it. I gave a new player coming to my deed for conversion a rowboat to get back to her location. And I am not the sole one, especially not on Xanadu as the most populous server on SFI. Maybe it is bit harder on the smaller servers, maybe even not that. An active sermon circle exists on Independence.

I felt the conversion and priesting NPC just a bandaid on NFI to start religions altogether, in my feeling the devs should consider removal. Granted that for PvE players Chaos Altar of Three/Bone Altar should be but a remote option, it is mentioned bit too prominently in Wiki in my opinion.

23 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I am bit reserved about the proposal. It is too much automatizing and "I want it NOW and EASY" in my opinion. I usually have all 3 WL priests (mag one is pausing atm albeit not for long), and always offer summons to my place, no matter whether priest or laypeople conversions. Personally, I ran over well 2k tiles for my first conversion at a sermon circle as a noob and f2p, and neither repent that nor would want to miss it. I gave a new player coming to my deed for conversion a rowboat to get back to her location. And I am not the sole one, especially not on Xanadu as the most populous server on SFI. Maybe it is bit harder on the smaller servers, maybe even not that. An active sermon circle exists on Independence.

I felt the conversion and priesting NPC just a bandaid on NFI to start religions altogether, in my feeling the devs should consider removal. Granted that for PvE players Chaos Altar of Three/Bone Altar should be but a remote option, it is mentioned bit too prominently in Wiki in my opinion.

I do agree on everything you say, and i have all 4 priestes on hand.

But when i think back it was a bit frustrating to not find anyone to convert, Vyn and fo wasnt a problem but used some time to find a LIb priest to help.

Worst case was Mag that took me 1 month to find someone and i was willing to travel, searched the forum and global chat.

So i do see the wishes to make this independent of others.

You can allways travel to chaos but thats not an easy trip for new players with no fighting skills and can even be impossible.

54 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

It is too much automatizing and "I want it NOW and EASY" in my opinion.

This is why I suggest using the avatars. It would be very similar to the way it's done now, but much more doable for those of us who find social interactions very stressful and don't appreciate being forced into them, and it would provide another option for times when a priest is just nowhere to be found. In this scenario it would usually still be easier to get converted by another player, so it encourages social interaction without actually forcing it.

Edited by Vorticella
  • Like 2

I agree that a conversion, even priest conversion at an avatar would be nifty, and adding a lot of atmosphere and immersion to the thing. It would also settle the issues with few lib priests/followers around.

Appropriate texts, maybe even animations, would be great for that: "<Deity> thunders: ARE THOU WILLING AND READY TO JOIN MY SERVICE, MORTAL? .." 

• Like 1

Funny thing was its not  a suggestion.. 

Suggestions require consideration this has already been in the game which is why I put it in General chat.

whether it was meant as a suggestion or not, i think it's a great suggestion. so yeah, +1