Sign in to follow this  
Lucifera

New PvP Server

I suggest adding a new PvP server with NFI mechanics that can be teleported from both SFI and NFI clusters carrying only skills:

The server should be the same size as Xanadu with gigantic inland sea.

High creature spawn rates.

Valrei creatures. 

Treasure chests spawning randomly away from deeds in undeeded areas.

Random moon metal ores spawning randomly away from deeds in undeeded areas.

Higher deed upkeep and spirit templar costs.

No Local radar.

Non premium chars can't do any actions whatsoever.. 

Meditation abilities disabled.

Sorcery abilities disabled.

Priest magic missiles disabled.

Mails disabled. 

Very large Island (about 1/64 the size of the server) which is a  PvP disabled zone (if possible) in the middle of the gigantic inland sea. It will be where the only starter town is which is part of the freedom islands kingdom. All first timers will start there before joining a player made kingdom. All players can trade there without hostility due island's neutrality. 

The inland sea (which has the PvP fully enabled) should be deep and large without any islands around the PvP disabled zone island. 

The PvP land around the inland sea should be about 2/5 the size of the server. 

No deed on the PvP Free Zone Island should be allowed to officially belong to a kingdom. 

No hell horses. 

Why the size of Xanadu? Do you want PvP to pretty much never happen on it due to travel time?

-1 though I appreciate the idea of a portal accessible from SFI and NFI.

To explain:

1. Do not bleed out Defiance which appears to have a stable albeit shrunk PvP community. We have 3 PvP servers/clusters right now, Chaos (formerly Wild, physically connected to SFI PvE, Epic cluster, and Defiance). That is already rather too much PvP servers, given the small PvP community.

2. We have Epic, accessible via portal like Defiance. Opening Epic to both SFI and NFI would not do any harm. If the devs could eventually make up their minds to allow skill gain retransfer (balanced against curve and timers) back to PvE, Epic could be attractive for players looking for a hunting server. There are max count uniques on these servers, rifts rarely serviced, lots of adventures, creatures never seen in PvE (I do not know whether there are drake and eagle spirits on Defiance too, maybe).

Edited by Ekcin

16 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

Why the size of Xanadu? Do you want PvP to pretty much never happen on it due to travel time?

To make it so that people can hunt and just explore with a low chance of being ganked by a group instead of a large one, make destructive raids harder and more risky, make small deeds around a capital more safe, more space for more kingdoms to settle and thrive, more breathing room. PvP will still happen when people want it to happen, just like in indy sized PvP servers. 

14 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

-1 though I appreciate the idea of a portal accessible from SFI and NFI.

To explain:

1. Do not bleed out Defiance which appears to have a stable albeit shrunk PvP community. We have 3 PvP servers/clusters right now, Chaos (formerly Wild, physically connected to SFI PvE, Epic cluster, and Defiance). That is already rather too much PvP servers, given the small PvP community.

2. We have Epic, accessible via portal like Defiance. Opening Epic to both SFI and NFI would not do any harm. If the devs could eventually make up their minds to allow skill gain retransfer (balanced against curve and timers) back to PvE, Epic could be attractive for players looking for a hunting server. There are max count uniques on these servers, rifts rarely serviced, lots of adventures, creatures never seen in PvE (I do not know whether there are drake and eagle spirits on Defiance too, maybe).

You can't bleed out what is already dead (excluding Defiance). Defiance has its own unique setup which is different from what I am suggesting. 

1 hour ago, Lucifera said:

I suggest adding a new PvP server with NFI mechanics that can be teleported from both SFI and NFI clusters carrying only skills

The server should be the same size as Xanadu with gigantic inland sea. JUST NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

High creature spawn rates.  fix it on defiance first?

Valrei creatures.  NO

Treasure chests spawning randomly away from deeds in undeeded areas. YES ALREADY ON DEFIANCE..

Random moon metal ores spawning randomly away from deeds in undeeded areas. NO > HOTA DOES THIS.

Higher deed upkeep and spirit templar costs. NO WHY?

No Local radar. REASONABLE SUGGESTION HAS BEEN ASKED FOR IN THE PAST, DEVS TOO BUSY MAKING SILLY CHANGES TO CARE

Non premium chars can't do any actions whatsoever.. NOT REASONABLE OR VIABLE?

Meditation abilities disabled. ALREADY IS ON DEFIANCE TO A SENSIBLE DEGREE

Sorcery abilities disabled. CURRENT SYSTEM IS FINE

Priest magic missiles disabled. NO.

Mails disabled.  NO, WHY????

Very large Island (about 1/64 the size of the server) which is a  PvP disabled zone (if possible) in the middle of the gigantic inland sea. It will be where the only starter town is which is part of the freedom islands kingdom. All first timers will start there before joining a player made kingdom. All players can trade there without hostility due island's neutrality.  just no....

The inland sea (which has the PvP fully enabled) should be deep and large without any islands around the PvP disabled zone island. no why???

The PvP land around the inland sea should be about 2/5 the size of the server. no why?

No deed on the PvP Free Zone Island should be allowed to officially belong to a kingdom.  reasonable but the entire premise of a "pvp free zone" on a pvp server is flawed and abusable.

No hell horses.  already a change on defiance..

I imagine these hundreds of players fighting in real to have chance to log in....we don`t need another empty server

• Like 1

You can't bleed out what is already dead (excluding Defiance). Defiance has its own unique setup which is different from what I am suggesting. 

Chaos has more players than Defiance the last days, I fail to see it dead. I do not deny the troubles of Epic, but I see the potential for player not rejecting the possibility of PvP while mainly looking for an adventure and hunting server. I would love to participate in dragon and Epic creature hunts, and rifts, for every faction as a mercenary, and not mind if I got kicked butt ;) . But skill retransfer at a fair rate is a must. Jackal died because the devs did not get that sorted.

And Epic is beautiful. A shame to let it rot.

Edited by Ekcin

I suggest adding a new PvP server with NFI mechanics that can be teleported from both SFI and NFI clusters carrying only skills:

The server should be the same size as Xanadu with gigantic inland sea.

High creature spawn rates.

Valrei creatures. 

Treasure chests spawning randomly away from deeds in undeeded areas.

Random moon metal ores spawning randomly away from deeds in undeeded areas.

Higher deed upkeep and spirit templar costs.

No Local radar.

Non premium chars can't do any actions whatsoever.. 

Meditation abilities disabled.

Sorcery abilities disabled.

Priest magic missiles disabled.

Mails disabled. 

Very large Island (about 1/64 the size of the server) which is a  PvP disabled zone (if possible) in the middle of the gigantic inland sea. It will be where the only starter town is which is part of the freedom islands kingdom. All first timers will start there before joining a player made kingdom. All players can trade there without hostility due island's neutrality. 

The inland sea (which has the PvP fully enabled) should be deep and large without any islands around the PvP disabled zone island. 

The PvP land around the inland sea should be about 2/5 the size of the server. 

No deed on the PvP Free Zone Island should be allowed to officially belong to a kingdom. 

No hell horses. 

it seems that you have no clue whatsoever about pvp

• Like 1

It is only natural that this would be distasteful to most of those who make up the PvP playerbase as this is not the exact same concept as the PvP servers already available and wouldn't be perfectly ideal for the PvP veterans, the players who kept going back and forth between the PvP servers maintaining themselves as the only inhabitants. This idea is aimed towards allowing space for other players to play PvP with their own kingdoms without being annihilated and pushed out very quickly. There are already enough servers that are tailored to the playstyle of the existing PvP community. 

This is just a simple minded approach and I think it is very lacking in content and detail. If this one or a similar idea is taken into consideration I hope it would be enriched with more changes that would make the server a more hospitable place for the majority of the playerbase and turned into a fertile soil that allows more PvP players to grow without being cut off early like unwanted weed. 

11 hours ago, Lucifera said:

This idea is aimed towards allowing space for other players to play PvP with their own kingdoms without being annihilated and pushed out very quickly. There are already enough servers that are tailored to the playstyle of the existing PvP community. 

i'll getcha with a 3 part
1. this won't create a pvp environment for people. it'll make a server nobody wants to pvp in because travelling takes half a day of commitment
2. pmk's are a blight on pvp servers, i'd even push to say that player-made deeds are also bad, too (less the player construction part, and more the player placement part)
3. the "existing" pvp community hates the current servers, the reason they're always dying and have so few people is because there's an extremely small community of people who are so addicted to this game they won't ever back away from the game, most of the pvp community peters out a few weeks after a new server.

I would rather see transfers from chaos to defiance only first. Not sure how they would make it work since Defiance accounts can portal over to the pve side.

I prefer a server without tomes and mediation cap over one with tomes, medation and champs. Currently playing on both choas and defiance. My choas account is obviously way better, but my defiance account has a decent amount of work put into it.

Don't think a map the size of Xanadu is the way to go lol. Deed wise Defiance land was barely touched before the hype died out.

Plenty of mob to hunt and farm safely. Currently a ###### ton of mobs. They fixed mob spawn somewhat after the horrible launch spawn. They really need to adjust spawn base on pop size when servers are active.

• Like 1

I like the idea of a very large map size, on Defiance with no hell horses you can still get to a fight half the server away in 5 to 8mins = can't start a fight without considering what backup that person may be able to call on. A larger map mitigates this somewhat.

Need the player numbers for a new large map though, it would only work if Epic, Chaos and Defiance were merged into one. 

On 5/20/2021 at 6:36 AM, AceRifle said:

I would rather see transfers from chaos to defiance only first. Not sure how they would make it work since Defiance accounts can portal over to the pve side.

Hypothetically, if people wanted this ability:

War Portal - only for Epic, Chaos, Defiance.

Add cluster tag to body examine - "You are a {Southern/Epic/Northern} [Kingdom]."

Southern and Epic tag cannot use PvP Portal on Defiance.

Northern tag cannot use Epic Portal on Epic/Chaos

Northern tag cannot cross server borders on Southern.

Debatable if this should be player-constructible, or only available in Starter Towns.