Sign in to follow this  
RogueCathedral

Rogue Cathedral's Festival of the Veil

I'm not looking to get my vehicle imped. My hell cart runs at 41.7 km/h so it's the fastest mode of transport for me 😛

• Like 1

getting closer and im preparing my outfit.

made 2 images of where you are located on the new map:

server area:

Spoiler

k80wJOl.jpg

local area:

Spoiler

GCIOUCY.jpg

• Like 1

I would like 2 make a room reservation in the Inn for Ayala and Emmett for the duration of the event. One double room or two single rooms, if no double room available.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 11:32 AM, Mafi said:

I would like 2 make a room reservation in the Inn for Ayala and Emmett for the duration of the event. One double room or two single rooms, if no double room available.

room 21 is your double room for the event

On 10/6/2021 at 11:06 AM, Tpikol said:

getting closer and im preparing my outfit.

made 2 images of where you are located on the new map:

server area:

Excellent cant wait for the start and to see how many people show up ty for the map notation the deed is correctly hooked to the highway as well.

I'll be there for at least a few days to imp leather.

Edited by Shiznoe

If someone is interested in exchanging Moon metals, I have 4 ql 80 lumps each of addy/glimmer and want to trade them for seryll lumps during the event.

Approach either Lahabrea or Ismalla for details.

Edited by Bekador

a lot happening already and lot more fun to come!

Spoiler

pRjKlRc.jpg

Edited by Tpikol

Newbie here; This is Awesome! Heard nice things about Impalongs. I'm sure next one I will have much (more) to offer.
Currently on Har with no boat to cross AND I'm moving IRL so pretty sure I won't be able to cross the pond in time.
Congrats Rogue and staff for organizing the event and have fun all!

Nicolás

My friend wanted his horse gear imped .. and some of it "disappeared" ... and he found it in overflow..
.. seen in rear weiv (view mirrored^^) ... I should have told him bridle and saddlebacks makes no direct bennefit (on speed) and therefore not to bring it.
My guess is that is why it ended up in overflow (?)
-if so .. maybe you should clearify that in the rules, in a list of what will NOT be imped/enchanted (and maybe with a reason) 🙂

Both the otherday and today where I came by .. it seemed that forges was full of lowlevel stuf, and not much was happening ...
I do ofc realize that even highskill crafters need a break now and then ..

so..
To release some strain on highskill crafters,  maybe you could try (next year) to engage more ppl of diverse skill level, and let those imp the stuff to their own max and then higher skilled ppl could take over...
-maybe forges/containers marked in brackets of QL A - B, B - C ..and so forth. (and let ppl move their stuff to next bracket container. (I know it would need people to stay alert and keep an eye on their items.. but the imp'ing is free .. so that's the least they could do, I think.)

On top, you could ask ppl to "pre-imp" the items as much as they can, so they don't bring a shitload of QL 1 gear to be imped all the way up. To me it seem to be abuse highskill crafters time to let them imp lowQL gear.. and it makes waiting time longer for everyone..
I know newbies (and some priests) can't do much, but others can, - and should!  imho 😉

Edited by Smarken
  • Like 1

Actually they do let other people imp at lower skills. I showed up yesterday to get some things improved and asked if I could be put to use at all even with my low to mid skills. They asked me to help out with the blacksmithing improving the low level stuff as much as I could.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kementari said:

Actually they do let other people imp at lower skills. I showed up yesterday to get some things improved and asked if I could be put to use at all even with my low to mid skills. They asked me to help out with the blacksmithing improving the low level stuff as much as I could.

Yea, knew that .. but.. I meant in a more organized way.
Ofc, ppl who randomly offer their help should always be welcomed 😉

The issue with moving stuff between containers like you suggested is that proxy locked items is a thing.

You move an item from forgeA to forgeB and the game thinks it's your item. Then nobody else can take it out of forgeB. Or someone wants a pickaxe imped and put it in forgeA then stays close by, making it not possible to take it out of forgeA and move it to forgeB by another player. Plenty more examples, but that's just 2 to hopefully make you see that it's not as easy if a solution as you make it out to be.

If you write up how to solve it in a good way with how to set perms and everything, i reckon it might be considered. But make sure it's better than the current solution or there's no point to it.

Edited by Borstaskor

1 minute ago, Borstaskor said:

The issue with moving stuff between containers like you suggested is that proxy locked items is a thing.

You move an item from forgeA to forgeB and the game thinks it's your item. Then nobody else can take it out of forgeB. Or someone wants a pickaxe imped and put it in forgeA then stays close by, making it not possible to take it out of forgeA and move it to forgeB. Plenty more examples, but that's just 2 to hopefully make you see that it's not as easy if a solution as you make it out to be.

If you write up how to solve it in a good way with how to set perms and everything, i reckon it might be considered.

The only way to "solve" it is to have everyone present form one giant team, as team perms override proximity and all other perms I believe.

Yeah, which is a pain in the behind, since one of the charm is the ability to drop by and leave on a whim.

12 hours ago, Smarken said:

Both the otherday and today where I came by .. it seemed that forges was full of lowlevel stuf, and not much was happening ...

You did not look hard enough. It isn't that tools aren't moving, it's that they are moving to finished goods (or picked up by their owners) and being replaced with new, lower QL ones in the forges to be imped. The forges (3 tool forges and 2 horse shoe forges) have been full the last few days, and as soon as a tool is finished it's moved out and tools from overflow waiting to be imped are moved in. It doesn''t make sense to leave imped up tools in the forges that are already finished, they take up room that tools waiting to be imped could occupy to be glowing hot.

A more accurate measurement of if tools were being moved is to check the finished blacksmithing coffin (which has been significant, I assure you) and even then it wouldn't be accurate as players have been picking up their tools as we finish them. You only see tools go into the finished goods if they don't come pick up.

Edited by Baeowulf

4 hours ago, MarquisDeCarabas said:

I bet you wished you'd started out on 28th now.

30% increased skill gain.

I'll take that bet. Impalongs are crap for skill gain if you got a high skill. So a lot of high skilled people would much rather stay home and imp for actually good skill gain during that period than attend the impalong. Meaning you'd have less high skilled people at the impalong (less people in general, it's not only high skilled people who's interested in the +30%).

I'll personally use this event to grind animal taming, which isn't even an imping skill.

It would be better if the impalong didn't overlap with the halloween event at all. Not a single day. It overlaps a few days right now, which is a shame, but it is what it is.

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone that came and participated any left over items i find ill be sending to the owner and ill be updating this post for event closing and gratitude statement.

• Like 2

I'll definitely cherish this impalong forever. Thank you to all the staff that made it happen, to all the visitors who fixed up gear and enchants, and to all the GMs that briefly visited to make things just a little more exciting~
I got a lot of screenshots while I was here, it was absolutely lovely every single day!
Here's an album of just a few:
https://imgur.com/a/JSUZ3AO

On 10/26/2021 at 7:25 PM, Smarken said:

My friend wanted his horse gear imped .. and some of it "disappeared" ... and he found it in overflow..
.. seen in rear weiv (view mirrored^^) ... I should have told him bridle and saddlebacks makes no direct bennefit (on speed) and therefore not to bring it.
My guess is that is why it ended up in overflow (?)
-if so .. maybe you should clearify that in the rules, in a list of what will NOT be imped/enchanted (and maybe with a reason) 🙂

so..
To release some strain on highskill crafters,  maybe you could try (next year) to engage more ppl of diverse skill level, and let those imp the stuff to their own max and then higher skilled ppl could take over...
-maybe forges/containers marked in brackets of QL A - B, B - C ..and so forth. (and let ppl move their stuff to next bracket container. (I know it would need people to stay alert and keep an eye on their items.. but the imp'ing is free .. so that's the least they could do, I think.)

On top, you could ask ppl to "pre-imp" the items as much as they can, so they don't bring a shitload of QL 1 gear to be imped all the way up. To me it seem to be abuse highskill crafters time to let them imp lowQL gear.. and it makes waiting time longer for everyone..
I know newbies (and some priests) can't do much, but others can, - and should!  imho 😉

THIS! I was thinking of the exact same idea. I asked if there was anything i could help with and was asked to do some "pre-imp" to horseshoes, managed to take them to like 50QL which is a ton for my skills. Considering I'm pretty new and this is my first impalong I was real excited to lend a hand, got many tools to 70QL that woud otherwise have taken ages or silver which, again, being newbie is a ton fur my current pocket. Got awesome skillgains, although I did it out of gratitude, and given the amazing community here in Wurm I'm pretty sure many would hop in to lend a hand as well.

This would have the benefit of leaving the *real* impers do the *real* job, while leaving open the possibility of others to help while at the same time level their skills to some medium spot (I went from 36 BS to 48)

• Like 1