Sign in to follow this  
Drayka

Beverages; Teas and Coffee mechanics

I'm simplifying this a bit and liberally using wogic. You have been warned! :D

Camellia could be converted into white, green and black tea varieties via the following methods:

Camellia  + Frying pan + Campfire = Camellia, white

Camellia + Frying pan + Oven = Camellia, green

Camellia + Acorn + Frying Pan + Oven/Forge/Campfire = Camellia, black (high tannin content)

For jasmine teas; combine greenish-yellow flowers with honey to get jasmine flowers, and add to the pot with chopped white, green or black camellia.

- greenish-yellow flowers, because they are relatively rare but otherwise unutilised.

For coffee, combine cocoa beans with lingonberries to get raw coffee beans.

(Because lingonberries look most like growing coffee fruits, they are foragable and harvestable, and turndra tiles are undervalued)

These must then be roasted (roasting pan) and ground (mortar and pestle) before being brewed.

I'm not even going to list what recipes coffee could be used in, because hey, you can already fill in the blanks here, right?? ;)

• Like 5

What does coffee do in this scenario, plan's to be just as useful as 'tea'(useless beverage)?

RP value?

Just curious about the end goal and application.

Agree with Finn. Its a good suggestion if its not gonna be useless as all the other recipes. 

Such defeatism! :D 

Let me get my list of mandatory ingredients archived in my content history for quick-link reference, before I start talking about why I want these basic recipes!

I assure you they are not deemed to be useless in the long run, by me.

Beverages grind at this moment is a pain once you get over skill 60, worsening then, as there is no way to raise diff except getting drunk. That is a stupid mechanic. Therefore the proposal is reasonable. And why not coffee beans? There is a wide variety of food recipes as well which are "not necessary" as a meal or pizza would do. Finn has a point though as all beverages except alcoholic ones do not have much ingame use. But that is beyond the proposal which would allow to do beverages without the recent fairly dumb grind.

:) 

I understand Finnn's point that this does not address what is clearly important to him, in and of itself. It concerns me too, but as extensive as cooking already is, it is astonishingly limited and way too narrow as yet to support a solution that would address the bigger problem - to build the dirtwall to the required heights, it needs a broader base. I'm proposing a foundations-first approach, which is frustrating to people unused to seeing each stage of a development of a big patch.

If the developers announced that within a few months, an update would be released with hundreds of new recipes, thousands of new ingredients, and a clear vision that full house pizza would be a thing of the past, I'm sure that would satisfy Finnn.

But you only have to look at the imbedded post of the animal husbandry update which will make 5-speed ebons a thing of the past, to see that all the new models - and the basic theory of how they would work - were ready to be announced in 2018! And that was by someone on the Dev team, with access to all their tools, and full disclosure on the original code.

So yeah, I really, really care about this. But I'm not a Dev, I can't code in java, and I have community commitments to WO which will slow me down. I'm definitely not ready to start talking about the merits of updating superclasses, and even if I were, this isn't really the appropriate forum. Here we talk about accessible, everyday-relatable things. And to some, that will sound like RP-value only.

But maybe my approach IS flawed. Maybe I shouldn't be talking about the details, even though they help my creative process. If so, that's something to address in a new thread.

I like it.

Except I would like to eventually have coffee trees...  and cocoa trees...

• Like 1