Sign in to follow this  
Berms

"AFK" next to your name

Currently, whenever you go AFK, nobody in your local, village or alliance knows that you're AFK until they PM you and see the auto-respond message.

This is a bit clumsy and only useful when someone PM's you, in most cases it is chat in local, village or alliance and no PM's.

Whenever you do a /afk:

- Either show "(afk)" next to your name in local, village and alliance chat automatically

- or show  a "zZz"  (sleeping icon) next to the name.

- Any other suggestion is welcome. these are just examples.

Anything that will let everyone (local, village & alliance ) know that you're AFK without having to say brb every time will be an improvement.

EDIT:

As Drayka mentioned below, maybe something like a timer that meassures the time you have been inactive and toggling AFK on automatically accordingly and gradually changing the color of your name in local, village or alliance. 

Even if its only the color of the name changing, still a big improvement. 

Edited by Berms
  • Like 6

+1

Yep really need this, I go afk alot and come back to half an hour of someone trying to contact me in local / alliance all the time, this would be really useful.

It would also be good if when they hovered over thee "zZz" or "(afk)" it would have a tooltip showing the set afk message.

Edited by envoh
  • Like 1

Another thing to do is just sign out of wurm. Clear message to all that you are now away from wurm for a while lol

17 minutes ago, Zexos said:

Another thing to do is just sign out of wurm. Clear message to all that you are now away from wurm for a while lol

That's ok until you want to go afk before the end of a rift and you still want the rewards from it. and is a real hassle over just putting an afk message and having a notifying symbol.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zexos said:

1 minute ago, envoh said:

That's ok until you want to go afk before the end of a rift and you still want the rewards from it. and is a real hassle over just putting an afk message and having a notifying symbol.

Or a priest staying online to regenerate favor :)  ...

anyway, everyone has their reason not to log off, log in again just because you want to go AFK for 15mins.

Edited by Berms

I doubt any pvp'ers wants to show on mouse over or in local tab that they are afk.

16 minutes ago, Cecci said:

I doubt any pvp'ers wants to show on mouse over or in local tab that they are afk.

True, so it has to be careful on how it's implemented.

Could either be only shown to people within your faction / alliance when on pvp.

Or, a feature in the settings window that you voluntarily turn on

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Cecci said:

It could be a simple setting you can toggle on/off  in UI-settings.

Edited by Berms
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, envoh said:

That's just stupid game design IMO.  Though, yeah I see what you mean.

1 hour ago, Zexos said:

That's just stupid game design IMO.  Though, yeah I see what you mean.

it is stupid game design, you shouldn't have to be online (even on the server / island of the rift) when a rift ends to be rewarded

• Like 1

It would be nice to have an option like this. I try not to afk for more than a minute but RL tends to intervene. And I do type "afk" on the alliance and pm feeds which can be annoying given the number of feeds but doesn't do anything for local when someone appears after the afk was typed.

• Like 1

I've said it elsewhere, but I think that colouring your name in Alliance/village when afk would be useful/helpful guidance to others.

On that theme, it would also be cool - visible only to checkboxed groups (Team/Village/Alliance/Kingdom) - that if you don't send any input to the game (don't press the keyboard or move the cursor) for 5 minutes, then your name begins to change colour, getting more intensely coloured in 5 minute intervals.

• Cat 1

1 hour ago, Drayka said:

I've said it elsewhere, but I think that colouring your name in Alliance/village when afk would be useful/helpful guidance to others.

On that theme, it would also be cool - visible only to checkboxed groups (Team/Village/Alliance/Kingdom) - that if you don't send any input to the game (don't press the keyboard or move the cursor) for 5 minutes, then your name begins to change colour, getting more intensely coloured in 5 minute intervals.

I personally think this is the best suggestion so far,  even better than AFK next to your name. 👏

Antony [AFK]  noobies know what AFK means

Antony  noobies don't know what a coloured name indicates. 

Clients already have control over name colour anyway

VpWB4H9.png

smzhJuh.png

ZQSBqJk.png

wckUH8t.png

• Like 1

This is a good suggestion and I agree that the [AFK] is better than the afk color.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antony said:

Antony [AFK]  noobies know what AFK means

Antony  noobies don't know what a coloured name indicates. 

Clients already have control over name colour anyway

VpWB4H9.png

smzhJuh.png

ZQSBqJk.png

wckUH8t.png

You're right. Makes sense. 

So do both. Colour it, and remove AFK next to name when the newbie buff runs out.

Bump cause too easy to implement. No excuses here, devs 😛