Sign in to follow this  
Omar

Priests that can Improve

Make a SuperPremium account that removes all priest restrictions. Price = about double. It's two characters in one. Could also add a few goodies like a sleep powder per month, or some QoL bonus like no food decay in inventory or something.
I love playing priests and crafting accs, I hate playing two clients at once. Pvp priests are epic fun but not making your own gear sucks😕

The pay to win argument against this would not hold, it's no real change to what you can spend to what you can do now, slightly for PvP yes, but pvp priest is where the real fun is at so..

Cons:
Would lose some activity in the enchanting game economy.

Pros:
From asking around, a huge amount of players that currently don't use priest alts would upgrade to it, plus people adding battery alts = a massive boost in subs income.

Would make the game much more enjoyable to play.

Pleas comment any pros and cons you can think of, and how much it could improve your gameplay :)

Edit: Or make it available for pvp servers only (this can be used to test how popular it is).   You wouldn't need to add options to the the shop, it could be a ticket costing silver coins from the trader / token that you consume, gives 30 days.

Edited by Omar
  • Like 6

+1

I think its time. Needing to have an alt for casting turned a lot of people I know away from the game. Double prem is a far compromise imo

• Like 2

And if you're willing to pay double why not just sub a priest and.. ohhh.. I don't know.. do the work required to have one?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ChampagneDragon said:

And if you're willing to pay double why not just sub a priest and.. ohhh.. I don't know.. do the work required to have one?

I do, I have many priest accounts. Combining would be slower to grind overall, can't cast and craft at the same time.
I understand if you already put effort into a priest acc, doesn't mean we can't think of new ideas to make the game more enjoyable for others though. 

• Like 3

If you move to Chaos, join or create a PMK, and then Champ your priest you can do all as you ask. If you can survive long enough you could even finish the crafting journal as a priest and become a master.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bramson said:

If you move to Chaos, join or create a PMK, and then Champ your priest you can do all as you ask. If you can survive long enough you could even finish the crafting journal as a priest and become a master.

Nice idea.  Can't from NFI though. Also, only 3 champs per kingdom still? I only have 3 friends anyway I guess so ok 😛

Edited by Omar

26 minutes ago, Omar said:

Nice idea.  Can't from NFI though. Also, only 3 champs per kingdom still? I only have 3 friends anyway I guess so ok 😛

Yeah no idea about the NFI , cannot pmk or champ on the new NFI pvp island?

It would be an interesting idea, but I craft on my main guy and I enchant on my other guy it works for me. Since the Nacho gimp I  just have to go back to buying the chants I cannot do anymore haha ;)

3 minutes ago, Bramson said:

Yeah no idea about the NFI , cannot pmk or champ on the new NFI pvp island?

It would be an interesting idea, but I craft on my main guy and I enchant on my other guy it works for me. Since the Nacho gimp I  just have to go back to buying the chants I cannot do anymore haha ;)

Yeah no PMK or champs on Defiance. Champ is only 6 months and losing 1 of all stats is 😕 

I'm opposed the idea, I can appreciate making changes to make the game more appealing to newcomers but think all the priest bonuses would make players too strong. So if this were added I'd like to see sermons have a 24 hour cooldown and priest bonuses heavily nerfed. But at that cost, and the cost of all the hard work invested in priest mains and alts, I'd rather we just keep what we have now.

• Like 2

+1 I would pay extra to do it all on one toon and I have multiple priests as well.  Logging on alts is a little annoying and can tank computer performance.

• Like 1

It's something i want to and would pay more for it(not double to be honest, more inline to 1.5x of normal premium). Only issue for me is, there are still 3 priest types and I would still feel restricted not having access to all spells I want thus i would need 2 more alts...

• Like 1

+1 either lift priest restrictions or allow 2-4 characters per account. It sucks to see more care for 10 players so called "economy" and "market" then actual quality changes that could make significant impact. The market should be one of the tools in the sandbox not the other way around

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tor said:

The market should be one of the tools in the sandbox not the other way around

You just summed up many years of how I felt about people's arguments about the wurm economy in just one sentence.

I tip my hat to you good sir.

And yeah, lifting priest restrictions at this point would be better. 99% of pvp revolves around having more priests than the other side. As for the economy...you know what economies do  historically? They adapt.

They always adapt to new variable and situations.

• Like 1

If there was anyway we could tie these into missions would be nice. Perhaps a champ like system based of scenario points. Failed missions takes off points etc. If your god dies takes off massive senerio points. Win scenario gives you a favor increase gain. Just spitballing ideas. 

• Like 1

Well, this would be a solid kick in the teeth to me, but then what does that matter in the long run.

The current priest system is broken, it'll never get fixed properly, might as well just give it up.

+1 from me, if only so my population data doesn't have so many alter camping alts inflating the numbers!

• Like 3

@RobinBacklundPlease make this a thing. I also like Atndy Idea. Adding some kind of point system like kill x amount of guards etc.

• Like 1