Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Beastiary

A book similar to the almanac, but for mobs.

Mob reports work a bit differently to alamanc reports; you need to study the corpse of one of each age variant, as well as each "type" (champion, greenish, raging etc where appropriate) to get a full report (writing on a report with that information already slightly improves its quality).  Studying the corpse "butchers" it, giving no items.

Studying the age variants unlocks more info with each step - Flavour text (1), picture (2), damage types (3), armour (4), modifiers for age (5).

Examining the variants offers additional information on that variant (how it impacts their damage/armour/other) to the entry.

Optional Extra - A complete beastiary entry can be used to give a QL-minute buff of 10% accuracy and damage against the creature in question (option to just use the beastiary to give all buffs).

• Like 9

Would be nice aye, lore based on fighting skill perhaps too?

I have seen something similar in other games and i liked it.

Additionally, if this bestiary wasn't in form of an item but more like the cook book recipes, tied to the character, maybe knowing more and more about certain enemy type could give a tiny bonus when fighting it? Because of the knowledge of its weak spots, better tactics while fighting and studying it?

PvE is easy enough as is so maybe adjust existing mobs so that fighting against a fully studied enemy works as it does now but with no knowledge of the enemy it's harder?

Or the other way around, beef up the mobs a bit to counter the new bonus?

Or the yet other way around, add more challenging mobs?

19 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Optional Extra - A complete beastiary entry can be used to give a QL-minute buff of 10% accuracy and damage against the creature in question (option to just use the beastiary to give all buffs).

Something like this but more granular so that if i killed and studied 100 spiders, i get maybe 0.5% CR against them, another 100 unlocks the picture and adds another 0.5% and so on?

Except i don't think it should be in form of transferable item (or any item at all, inventory management!).