Sign in to follow this  
DaletheGood

Dragon's Spine Bridge Closed

I've been keeping an eye on Dragon's Spine Bridge (I25) for the last year or so, and noticed today that Ironhaven, the deed on the southern entrance to the bridge, had disbanded. Dragon's Spine is a single lane bridge, so no possibility of making a highway connecting across the entrance to the bay there.

There's one section of the bridge that has missing sections, so I put up buildings blocking both entrances as well as a few around there to prevent deeds from being dropped over the entrances.

My plan is to use the existing pylons to make a 2 lane bridge in the same spot, which will allow a highway to connect across it. The problem is that most of the bridge is ~50ql and <60 damage. I examined a few sections and damage was between 45 and 55. So, it might take awhile to drop. Without traffic, hopefully it'll drop faster, but will still take awhile.

The highway on the north has a straight run down to the bridge, so rerouting it so that we'd have a bridge there sooner would be a bit of a pain. There is no highway on the southern end, so while I wait for the bridge to drop I'll be working on that connection to the highway that's already laid, connecting around 7785,3250.

When it's time to build the bridge, anyone who wants to help with either labor or mats (please) let me know :) Looks to be about 100 tiles long, so mats would be greatly appreciated.

Any questions, just ask

Thanks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ajala said:

Have you tried bashing it?

I have bashed other bridges, and it's a long, tedious process. unless you deed over it, it takes for.ever. Anyone who wants to give it a go, by all means, jump on it. I'll give you perms to the blocker buildings if you want, just let me know.

I have been slowly watching this bridge as well.  Thank you for taking the lead.  I am happy to contribute.

• Like 1