Sign in to follow this  
Sidereal

100 Natural Substances

Haha, funny post and an epic story. Congrats on your perseverance! :)

• Like 1

Wtb 50 tiles off deed clay to dirt conversion fluid .. And congrats you insane person !!

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 4:05 PM, puncher said:

Wtb 50 tiles off deed clay to dirt conversion fluid .. And congrats you insane person !!

I presume you're joking about wanting to buy 50 tiles worth of fluid - but on the off chance you're not I can give you a bulk discount on that order and deliver it ASAP 😜

Congrats there its a lovely thing to see some one finally get it 😃

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 5:29 PM, Sidereal said:

This is a wise observation and wisdom I will heed.  The climb to 100 requires nothing short of obsession and I am a bit burned out by it - time for a bit of a breather.  :D

A month late to the party, but congratulations! My piece of advice after grinding a skill to 100 is to take a break and grind an easy skill. Mining, digging, and (the old) fishing were great ways for me to relax after a hard grind.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 2:19 AM, Sidereal said:

Anyone that has ever attempted the climb to 100 will be quietly laughsobbing at this point.

Reveal hidden contents

Wurmian Monthly: "Auntie Sid, that's amazing - I want to get to 100 in a skill too.  What's the best way to do it?"

Auntie Sid: "Don't do it."

Wurmian Monthly: "But..."

Auntie Sid: "I mean it.  Don't do it."

Wurmian Monthly: "But I see several forum posts of people doing exactly this - certainly there must be reasons to get to 100 in a skill?

Auntie Sid: "Fair.  As far as I can tell, there are a few reasons to do it.  One - you've never managed to wear out a mouse in your lifetime and want to know what that's like.  Two - you've never had arthritis or a repetitive stress injury and really want to get started on one or both.  Three..."

Wurmian Monthly: "That doesn't sound like fun."

Auntie Sid: "It's not.  Every calculation you will make about how much further it is to 100 will be wrong.  Every time you think you're halfway there, you'll notice that it's still just as far away as when you started.  You'll learn about that one subtle UI bug in the skill display window that's never been fixed.  You'll spend nights doing the same thing over and over and not see a single skill tick the entire time."

Wurmian Monthly: "So wait - why would anyone ever do it?"

Auntie Sid: "Because it's the Mt. Everest of Wurm Online - and there are only so many of those peaks left to climb."

Wurmian Monthly: "After five months of spending every moment grinding Natural Substances, what will you do now?  You're probably pretty close to 100 in Alchemy and can take a crack at that, yeah?"

Auntie Sid: *laughsobbing*

That did indeed make me chuckle. Great effort though, NS for sure isn't a 100 that many folks will ever get!!!

• Like 1