Sign in to follow this  
TaiKee

One way portal to Cadence from Harmony

Good day.

We were wondering in Freedom Chat today if it is possible to remove the one way portal to Cadence from Harmony?  It made sense to have it when Harmony had a lot more players than that server, but now Harmony is one of the least populated, is it possible to have that removed?

Thanks.

• Like 8

It would also be nice to remove the "New Server!" thing on Cadence that new players see. Why is Cadence pushed over Harmony and Melody? Do we not deserve new players too?

• Like 2

Agreed.  Harmony could use some new players and I don't think we need that portal anymore.

• Like 2

Also agree. It was put there as a temporary measure. Almost a year is enough. If you want to even out distribution, put one way portals from Cadence to Harmony on Cadence ;)

• Like 5

Cadony Portal has been let go from her job.

I felt bad about it as Cadony had portlets to feed so I gave her a pamphlet about joining the turret corps.

Who knows, maybe someday you will encounter Cadony wearing a traditional suit of oaken armor out on the fields of battle!

• Like 2

*BUMP*

Hi - now we have a change in management, I was wondering if someone could finally take a look at this.  The one way portals from Harmony/Melody to Cadence are still there as it the posting that Cadence is the new map.  Sooo sooo many years later.  There is no one way portal on Cadence to any other server.  Please remove this.

image.png

Edited by TaiKee
  • Like 1

Dont know why this is here now and cant be removed ? like does it take 2 years to code it in the game code to remove this ?

Actually a reverse portal would be a better idea, Cad to Har/Mel.  Early morning Mel population is back down below 10 and it is safe to assume some of those are alts.  

• Like 1

+1 on this! Here is my story:

My first adventures on Wurm Online (coming from Unlimited) led me straight to Cad, and I quit within a week, I felt I was being forced and was salty lol. I came back a little bit later for another go and tried Harmony (but everything tells you to go to Cadence!) I've been on premium for a year now (baby got her first spyglass the other day lol). I wish I got a choice of server to begin with, without the "CHOOSE THIS MAP" option. It scared me into thinking that as a noob I would be run off the other servers... (stupid, I know, but that is how I feel in new game communities)

There is nothing wrong with Cadence as a server/map. It's just wrong that it is promoted over the others, in my opinion. Let the newbs choose on the options screen without all the influence AND/OR remove the one way portals/add portals to the other servers, make them go all ways, then everyone is equal ❤️

Edited by Edenuzki
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

Definitely agree with removing the one way portal. It's pointless to be one way and especially if Cadence is the one that tutorial is pushing for new players. Server choice should be based on actual preferences of location rather than 

fomo and hype. 

Edited by Caoineag
  • Like 2

On 5/9/2021 at 8:25 AM, Rhystan said:

It would also be nice to remove the "New Server!" thing on Cadence that new players see. Why is Cadence pushed over Harmony and Melody? Do we not deserve new players too?

Or one of the EIGHT SFI servers (or the four Epic serves for that matter), why should Harmony or Melody be pushed over those?  

But I do agree, the funneling of new players to Cadence should stop.

• Like 3

On 5/14/2021 at 10:12 AM, Enki said:

Cadony Portal has been let go from her job.

I felt bad about it as Cadony had portlets to feed so I gave her a pamphlet about joining the turret corps.

Who knows, maybe someday you will encounter Cadony wearing a traditional suit of oaken armor out on the fields of battle!

Is that English ? Like i cant understand nothing you just said ! Maybe Cadony has been let go from her job"  Can you or someone go fix what she or he miss up pls ?

Edited by Bearclaws

Would also like if the "Plenty of possibilities and land to claim! Disconnected from the Southern Isles cluster, allows for a fresh start." text was removed from Harmony and Cadence (Melody gets slightly different text that also should be removed). Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if some of SFI has more unclaimed land than NFI at this point. Give SFI the love it deserves too!

• Like 1

Can we please get some input from the Dev/GM team as to why this portal is still here?