Sign in to follow this  
nekoexmachina

300+ clay in a pile of clay

Personally, I like this bug and would prefer for it to stay.

I'd also prefer to see bigger piles for other bulk items. Having to discard a bunch of rock shards or dirts to carry on with mining process is *annoying*.

It doesn't serve any visible gameplay purpose.  Especially when you mine and level a large area at once, which results in bunch of tiles which have a potential piles of 300+ rock shards per tile.

Having bigger pile of bulk resource items like clay also allows for easier sorting into quality-grouped BSBs with ease, compared to having to sort out a smaller pile of only 100 items at a time.

Edited by Yldrania
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

So, was digging clay, not really paying attention, figured I'd get a "there is no room for more clay here" or something, then noticed that I was over 100 in the pile of clay. emptied that out, started digging again, and again there was no 100 item limit. figured I'd see where the limit was. Got to 304 before I stopped. Interesting that it would only let me move 100 at a time into a crate, but yeah, probably a bug...

https://prnt.sc/12lt6qz

I've been think the actual bug is the clay pile not always go above 100 items xD By my opinion there should be maximum but it must be calculated by volume of items and pile possibility to hold. Such piles in real life might be much bigger than just 100 items in it and it depends on volume. So I actually like this bug which bring things more fair. 

Edited by Nelsy

1 hour ago, nekoexmachina said:

Personally, I like this bug and would prefer for it to stay.

So make a suggestion to increase max items per pile rather than exploit a bug?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Calan said:

So make a suggestion to increase max items per pile rather than exploit a bug?

developer time is limited.

when a QoL feature which might be labeled as a """bug""" by purists (note three quotation marks, because it is not an abusable (exploitable) bug even - it is a QoL feature which makes life easier) gets discovered, of course it is going to be used in hopes that developers would use their time on something more significant and meaningful.

but yes, at this point suggestion probably should be introduced.

This discussion has been split out of the bug report thread, as it doesn't belong there.

+1 Even 150 shards per pile would be better for mining tunnels.