Sign in to follow this  
Zuelatak

Rift Point Rework

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

This tagging stuff is extremely overrated. I would call those who claim to get 500 rift points (useless anyway due to cap) by tagging liars. In fact the high point scores belong to priests doing AoE casts, mainly healing or healing/fight buffing (LoF, SoL), maybe a few combat spells in addition. These are the same priests that summon players to rifts, on the expense of their own gems most times. As to targeting: Somebody targeting all mobs around him while a pack of beasts is taking turns taunting him (funny and dangerous ability of these creatures) having to stay no more than 4 tiles away from killed creatures, will almost certainly be a dead player soon.

As said, having the experience of about 130 rifts, old pre Jackal style, and all modifications since, cannot say that targeting makes much of a difference. And my gear is adequate, so are my fight skills (look at Niarja if you are nosy). My points, after having bought several metallic liquids, are still over 14k . Without "cheesing" which is boring and dangerous. The loudest ranters about the alleged targeting abuse (SFI) I haven't seen on any rift since years.

That said, I appreciate the proposal of better rift rewards. The old style stuff is mostly unattractive, maybe except a few rift jewels, and a few shoulderpads.

So I'm a liar now...nice way to just dismiss experiences that others have just because you have not had the same experience. I am NOT a priest, On Cadence and Harmony early on it was very easy for us to get 500+ points with the priests you talk about getting upwards of 700+. In many of your posts you continue to try and use your experiences on SFI and apply that to the entire population of the game of both SFI and NFI with out having any actual experience on NFI. I go to 1-2 rifts a week and have been doing so for months now on NFI. Anytime there is 50+ players it is easy for some of us to still get 400+ points. Yes it is tagging, and yes it is over rated and needs to be fixed and yes it is cheesing the system...but I am not lying and I would suggest you get some actual experience on the new servers before you throw around your experience and tossing out others. By the way, I'm not the only one who is getting these numbers, there have been many rifts where the top 15 were all 450+ points, both priests and non priests.

After reading your post again, it appears even more clear to me that you don't know what your talking about when it comes to tagging. You saying that those that do so "will almost certainly be a dead player soon" is just...I don't even know how to address this statement. I have died one time at a rift, that was at the first Cadence rift and lag was over 40 seconds, and I got greedy trying to burn hearts to close the 4th wave. So it seems your experiences of 130 rifts vastly differs from experiences I have had doing 1-2 rifts a week since they started on NFI...and yet I'm not calling you a liar.

Your statement of "boring and dangerous" is just your opinion and does not factor into anyone other experiences except your own. I find rifts to be very boring yes, but dangerous, not in the least bit.

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 3

This is from Harmony.

hUoyUAp.jpg?1

Somehow I fail to see the 700 points.

16 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

This is from Harmony.

hUoyUAp.jpg?1

Somehow I fail to see the 700 points.

wow, you post the rift today where there were 18 people there.....wow is all I have to say to that. That was TODAYS rift, so one rift today makes me a liar for the last 6 months.....ya I'm done with you and the garbage you spew. Have a good life.

If you even read what I said before, I said "EARLY ON" when there were 150+ people at rifts...... you sure do like to hand pick things to go your way and not look at anything else. Just this last month I was getting 400+ points, with one on Cad 499 I recall. I was one short of 500...... You calling people that have different experiences then you liars is just plain wrong. This is why we cannot ever get good talks going about these kind of subjects, because people like you come into them and try to slant things to your own agenda, instead of wanting to deal with the truth.

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, gnomegates said:

with the priests you talk about getting upwards of 700+.

This part is true, well it was.

Magic healing has generally been downgraded (and rightly so); I used to cap 700 every rift (before Jackal I hit over 1000 on one rift), but now I'm lucky to hit over 250 when time allows me to travel (and that means burning a LOT of cloth/gems, and taking part in the slaying at the same time).

Rifts could use some changes, but the ones suggested by the OP most certainly are not the ones I'd like to see - do we really want to have people fighting over kill stealing, or heal sniping?  That's what the OP's current suggestion would bring about, and the majority (remember, the forum community is a MINORITY) of players are going to be shut out of content they might otherwise enjoy.

Let me make this very clear, the proposed changes would benefit me, but I can also see the problems they'd bring about and that benefit isn't worth the harm.  You want my input on how to improve rifts?  I'm too busy trying to figure out how they can fix priests :P

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gnomegates said:

wow, you post the rift today where there were 18 people there.....wow is all I have to say to that. That was TODAYS rift, so one rift today makes me a liar for the last 6 months.....ya I'm done with you and the garbage you spew. Have a good life.

Yeah, Ekcin is an SFI elitist it seems. I have played since 2011. Starting on SFI. Attended many rifts. While there have been good changes, there have not been any changes to fix the fundamental issues with rifts minus the healing nerf. "Participation points"

Really, this is a matter of finding a good balance for experienced players, mid-level, and new. Tagging is most certainly a good way to enhance your participation points in the current system.

Edited by shuego
  • Like 1

Just now, Etherdrifter said:

This part is true, well it was.

Magic healing has generally been downgraded (and rightly so); I used to cap 700 every rift (before Jackal I hit over 1000 on one rift), but now I'm lucky to hit over 250 when time allows me to travel (and that means burning a LOT of cloth/gems, and taking part in the slaying at the same time).

Rifts could use some changes, but the ones suggested by the OP most certainly are not the ones I'd like to see - do we really want to have people fighting over kill stealing, or heal sniping?  That's what the OP's current suggestion would bring about, and the majority (remember, the forum community is a MINORITY) of players are going to be shut out of content they might otherwise enjoy.

Let me make this very clear, the proposed changes would benefit me, but I can also see the problems they'd bring about and that benefit isn't worth the harm.  You want my input on how to improve rifts?  I'm too busy trying to figure out how they can fix priests :P

The kill stealing and heal sniping I can see being a problem sadly. I'm not sure if there is a way to make it so that these kinds of things are not possible. Anytime there are points tied to an action, I suppose the greed will win out at times and people will go for that at the expense of others. 

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

47 minutes ago, gnomegates said:

If you even read what I said before, I said "EARLY ON" when there were 150+ people at rifts...... you sure do like to hand pick things to go your way and not look at anything else. Just this last month I was getting 400+ points, with one on Cad 499 I recall. I was one short of 500...... You calling people that have different experiences then you liars is just plain wrong. This is why we cannot ever get good talks going about these kind of subjects, because people like you come into them and try to slant things to your own agenda, instead of wanting to deal with the truth.

My intention was not to call you a liar, insofar I apologize. But, having a look at Cadence, I find

HN5WfoG.jpg?1

about 60 participants, and only the first 2 getting over 340. I am fairly sure that those were priests.

If targeting were such a problem, why are there so few with 200+ points, something an experienced melee fighter can achieve without any manipulation on a crowded rift (mob count scales with participants)?

So you are lamenting a non problem, obviously. If you really achieved 500 kills or kill counts during a rift, congrats and enjoy. Where is the problem?

10 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

My intention was not to call you a liar, insofar I apologize. But, having a look at Cadence, I find

HN5WfoG.jpg?1

about 60 participants, and only the first 2 getting over 340. I am fairly sure that those were priests.

If targeting were such a problem, why are there so few with 200+ points, something an experienced melee fighter can achieve without any manipulation on a crowded rift (mob count scales with participants)?

So you are lamenting a non problem, obviously. If you really achieved 500 kills or kill counts during a rift, congrats and enjoy. Where is the problem?

So your intent was not to call me a liar, but you did call me a liar, then you post a picture of a rift from TODAY of a rift that was a dead rift to reinforce your claim that I was a liar...but you had no intentions to call me one...right, I'm not buying it sorry. You also ignored any of my statements about past experiences going back back months, because the only info you have available are the most recent rifts as anyone can log into the server and do a /rift to see what the most previous rift points where. You are trying to use that data to reinforce your position that those of us who claim to have got 500+ points in the past are liars, discounting anything we share as our experiences, at the same time sharing your vast experience of rifts. Its called being respectful to others and not out right calling them a liar with no proof just because you don't agree with what they are saying. There are many here on the forums that I have been at many rifts with who can speak to the points that have been achieved on both Harmony and Cadence.

The issue with targeting is not that so many do it, it is that so many don't even know about it and those of us that do know about it can out gain points over those that don't know. I have shared at many rifts, in local, about how to get higher points. Others have as well, many times. We are not trying to hide it, or use it as some thing to be proud of. Its simply that most people go into the rifts not even knowing that they work that way, and they wonder how some people are able to get so high on the leaderboard when they themselves cannot. Then the situation comes about that some people with 0 fighting skill are going around topping the leader board in points and talking about it in local, thus making people even more frustrated.

This last example I have not seen happen in a while granted, but it has happened, at one rift there were more then 2 people doing it. They were not fighting mobs, they would run into the wave, after 100 other people had engaged the mobs, they would tag as many as they can, then run back to the safe zone, rinse and repeat. I have no issue with them doing that, the system is set up for that to happen, my issue is with the system being that way in the first place. I think it is a broken system that the tagging can be done in the first place and there are many others that feel the same way and are wishing to have a dialog about how to suggest changes to the current system. However you come into the thread and derail the dialog from how to fix what we think is broken, to trying to prove some kind of point and push what feels like is some agenda that you have without adding any useful thoughts to the desired dialog, all while being inflammatory towards the people sharing their thoughts about the subject trying to be discussed.

By all means share your experiences, they will differ from mine and mine from the next person, but having a different experience does not make it any less valid. Share your suggestions, I do not and would never discredit your 100+ rifts that you have been to, but you tried to do that to me and then tried to double down on it. There are 100's of people who have been at rifts with me on Harmony and Cadence who can attest to the points that have been achieved, are they liars too if they come here and post their experiences, I hope you would not think so.

Good day to you.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

43 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I would imagine that many people are not aware that they can tag to get more points. Also many people that do know will not do it due to the pain in the butt it can be. So the evidence you are providing is not taking that in to account.

This was the 2nd most recent rift on Cadence..My name on that list is Volladol.....Ya guess I'm a liar still...this was 11 days ago.....

Thanks to Zuelatek and his twitch stream vods.

5Y4ULWQ.png

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

I find rifts very enjoyable and try to attend as many as possible.  I will vouch for Volladol and tbh 477 pts is a low score for him. 

I would like to see an adjustment in scoring points by lowering the value via "tagging" and increasing the value of damage dealt.  I also think a "death blow" should give a significant point increase. 

I am all for helping new players achieve points during rifts by healing, butchering, burying or burning hearts.  If players find these activities fun and they can be done within the rift zone, it should be considered as contribution and rewarded with points.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Judging from what *you* (and it is *you*, not you) deem a pro, you are focused entirely on economic gain from the rifts, bringing it further in line with other skills to make them a commodity.  This honestly just reads as "I should get more points at rifts because I trained my fighting skill"; which is utter garbage because it ignores the people doing the real work at rifts.

What about the folks who build the safe areas, the priests who teleport folks in, and the folks who prep and make saccing materials and bring gems for the healers?  Are you going to reward them?  What about the folks who trail-blaze, putting up signs and maps?  These are people who turn up the day before (some the moment the rift appears), and are continually working before the rift even starts, mostly it is people like that who make the rift an experience, not the people doing the killing.  Are you going to reward the people who gather up mounts for teleportees too, or the ones who cart/sail their neighbours to the rift?

You're arguing that the people who contribute should be rewarded, but you've failed to see who really contributes and assigned that role to the most visible participant.  Ask around and you'll find that it isn't the guy in glimmer up front, hacking into the ranks of jackal critters, that people think deserves the reward, or even the priest spamming LoF to keep folks alive (and it really is hard work keeping some of you folks alive, trying to tank a rift ogre in studded leather is just not a good idea!), it's the people who do everything to make all of that possible.

You want to make rifts like other systems in wurm, but your suggestion fails to do that.  Wurm's existing systems reward all forms of participation, not just the ones most visible at the end, and this would really turn rifts into events the majority of the population would avoid.

You're right! There's a lot of activity that goes on before a rift that is also not rewarded through the existing point system. However, there's also activity during the rift that isn't rewarded with the existing point system. While I'd love to see changes that give recognition to every single effort to make rifts possible and fun we have to start somewhere.

I think the framing of my proposal is slightly off. My goal is to not take away points from those who dedicate time and effort to rifts. I wish to rework the cheesy mechanic that's based on fighting into a fair distribution based on the contribution (participation) to the rift. Low skill players with low level equipment will still be getting points. They just won't be able to use the current tagging system to outpace the higher skilled players with better equipment that are contributing more. 

9 hours ago, Ekcin said:

This tagging stuff is extremely overrated. I would call those who claim to get 500 rift points (useless anyway due to cap) by tagging liars. In fact the high point scores belong to priests doing AoE casts, mainly healing or healing/fight buffing (LoF, SoL), maybe a few combat spells in addition. These are the same priests that summon players to rifts, on the expense of their own gems most times. As to targeting: Somebody targeting all mobs around him while a pack of beasts is taking turns taunting him (funny and dangerous ability of these creatures) having to stay no more than 4 tiles away from killed creatures, will almost certainly be a dead player soon.

As said, having the experience of about 130 rifts, old pre Jackal style, and all modifications since, cannot say that targeting makes much of a difference. And my gear is adequate, so are my fight skills (look at Niarja if you are nosy). My points, after having bought several metallic liquids, are still over 14k . Without "cheesing" which is boring and dangerous. The loudest ranters about the alleged targeting abuse (SFI) I haven't seen on any rift since years.

That said, I appreciate the proposal of better rift rewards. The old style stuff is mostly unattractive, maybe except a few rift jewels, and a few shoulderpads.

Putting the difference in efficiency aside, the current system allows a player to contribute nothing and receive more points than someone who is actually taking time and effort to kill rift monsters, heal players, and take hits for other players. It might not be a lot, but it will certainly be more. Is this something you think is good? Or, would you like to see the system changed towards something that is more fairly distributed? 

What I wrote was that I called those who claim "to get 500 points .. by tagging liars". Mind that I did never write that those who get over 500 points are liars or "cheesers" (which is a bit more polite word for cheaters and abusers). Rather it is you, Gnomegates, and Zuelatak asserting that players are able to contribute nothing and amass points. And you failed to demonstrate that such problem exists.

I never claimed it were impossible to score high though it is extremely hard for a melee fighter to get into the same range as priests. Actually, more populous rifts have more mobs, more mobs means more kills, thus more points.

And all figures shown corroborate that only a few get over 300 points even in the most populous rift fights, and there is no indication that they are cheaters.

9 hours ago, Tukodama said:

I find rifts very enjoyable and try to attend as many as possible.  I will vouch for Volladol and tbh 477 pts is a low score for him.

So do you say he achieved that by "tagging"? Or just by fighting many beasts?

Do you know a single player who wins the 5-7 first places in the point list unfairly?

That was my point he fails to admit or to disprove.

That said, Gnomegates calls a rift with 18 participants "a dead rift". I fought on a number of rifts with less than 5 participants, sometimes with no more than 3, and that not over all rounds. That takes more time (6-7hrs combat), yields less points, but is fascinating. Ok, and you are rewarded with much rift mat to harvest. I already have more than I shall need in a lifetime.

Edited by Ekcin

34 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

What I wrote was that I called those who claim "to get 500 points .. by tagging liars". Mind that I did never write that those who get over 500 points are liars or "cheesers" (which is a bit more polite word for cheaters and abusers). Rather it is you, Gnomegates, and Zuelatak asserting that players are able to contribute nothing and amass points. And you failed to demonstrate that such problem exists.

I never claimed it were impossible to score high though it is extremely hard for a melee fighter to get into the same range as priests. Actually, more populous rifts have more mobs, more mobs means more kills, thus more points.

And all figures shown corroborate that only a few get over 300 points even in the most populous rift fights, and there is no indication that they are cheaters.

10 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

So do you say he achieved that by "tagging"? Or just by fighting many beasts?

Do you know a single player who wins the 5-7 first places in the point list unfairly?

That was my point he fails to admit or to disprove.

Admits or disprove what, I have admitted several times here that I do tag, that tagging is a problem that I believe should be fixed, thus this very topic in the first place. I do not think it is even possible for a melee player to get near 500 points without tagging, everyone (melee) that I have seen near or above that level of points was tagging, again myself including, and again there are some of us who feel that it needs to be fixed. Just because you don't think it is a problem, does not mean some of us do think it is a problem and wish to have a discourse about the problem. You can share your thoughts and ideas on if it is a problem or not, but you do not get to come here and slander people by calling them liars and cheaters. In this game our reputation's are all we have to go on and I will defend mine to the bitter end against people like you who wish to twist things and make false statements.

The entire point of this is about the tagging issue, it is the core of what is being talked about. 

This is and has never been about melee vs priests, or how many people have done it or how often they top the point list....you now add in other factors to try to justify your self, when those were not issues I was ever addressing. 

You now saying that "Cheesers" are cheaters and abusers is just more garbage that you are putting on top of calling us liars. I have posted screen shots of myself, getting 477 points 12 days ago on a Cadence rift. I have shared examples of my experience of seeing others tagging and getting high points with 0 fight skill, others have now come forward backing up what I have stated my experience was....just because you choose to dismiss my experiences does not make them untrue. You simply continue to dismiss anything that goes counter to what you feel is the truth because you have 130+ rifts under your belt and feel that no one else can have an experience counter to what you have experienced.

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 2

Lol, it is probably a characteristic of our time or certain generations who cannot stand a bit more pointed discussion without taking offense (grown up people, even kids, were different a generation ago, damn political correctness). So again my apologies if I stepped on somebody's toes 😎. If a melee fighter gets near the class of the priests by tagging, it is obvious that nearly nobody does it except the one who just admitted to. And ok, for me a rift with more than 40 participants is a very crowded rift, and one with 18 a fairly normal one.

Nowadays, the number of creatures scales with the number of participants, which makes it easier even for melee fighters to reach and exceed 250, even 300 points during average rift combat. And with many participants, therefore stable combat front battle, it may be easier for players, even those with less fight skill, to score some points by "tagging" without dying. As the figures presented prove, there is no urgent and imminent problem with.

So enjoy the mass battles on Cadence, I fear they may be a matter of the past soon. Possibilities to easily "cheese" along with them. And still I fail to see a point in fixing the unbroken.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ekcin said:

Lol, it is probably a characteristic of our time or certain generations who cannot stand a bit more pointed discussion without taking offense (grown up people, even kids, were different a generation ago, damn political correctness). So again my apologies if I stepped on somebody's toes 😎. If a melee fighter gets near the class of the priests by tagging, it is obvious that nearly nobody does it except the one who just admitted to. And ok, for me a rift with more than 40 participants is a very crowded rift, and one with 18 a fairly normal one.

Nowadays, the number of creatures scales with the number of participants, which makes it easier even for melee fighters to reach and exceed 250, even 300 points during average rift combat. And with many participants, therefore stable combat front battle, it may be easier for players, even those with less fight skill, to score some points by "tagging" without dying. As the figures presented prove, there is no urgent and imminent problem with.

So enjoy the mass battles on Cadence, I fear they may be a matter of the past soon. Possibilities to easily "cheese" along with them. And still I fail to see a point in fixing the unbroken.

To be fair, there is pointed discussion and then there is slander and in a game where where ones reputation is all one has, I do take it serious. I appreciate the apology, though slightly back handed as it is, bringing up political correctness and different generations as if that has any factor into this debate when you don't know me, my age or what I look like or anything else out side of this and even suggesting that any of those things factor into anything outside of what I have shared with you and my motivations as to why I will defend my rep to the end. It really is as simple as that. Has nothing to do with any generation that I may or may not be a part of, it is purely from the point of view of taking such things serious in a game where ones name is all they have. I've build up my name since 2012 in this game and it means alot to me. That is my reference point and the background that I come from when dealing with these situations.

The other points are all valid and I agree with them outside of your conclusion that there is no problem needing to be fixed, but that is something that we can agree to disagree on. It is very easy to tag many mobs when you have 100+ people at a rift, some of the early Cadence ones had 160 people, so ya, it was crazy. There is no way even with tagging to get high numbers when there are only 18 people, or even 40 people. My statements were always from the point of view of my past experiences on Harmony and Cadence, nothing more nothing less.

The decline is there already, every rift there are less and less people, I know of 8 people who won't go to rifts anymore because there is no way that they feel they can compete against those that tag, without tagging themselves, which I will say is not fun to do. But it is a valid game system that is in place so I take no issue with those that do it. Adding in more rewards, reworking the tagging system so that those that don't go because of it may choose to go again are all things that I think are important to talk about, and that is what we are here to do, have that talk about why we think it is broken based upon our experiences and ideas on how to fix it. People should not have to cheese the system to feel like they are competing.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, gnomegates said:

The decline is there already, every rift there are less and less people, I know of 8 people who won't go to rifts anymore because there is no way that they feel they can compete against those that tag, without tagging themselves, which I will say is not fun to do. But it is a valid game system that is in place so I take no issue with those that do it. Adding in more rewards, reworking the tagging system so that those that don't go because of it may choose to go again are all things that I think are important to talk about, and that is what we are here to do, have that talk about why we think it is broken based upon our experiences and ideas on how to fix it. People should not have to cheese the system to feel like they are competing.

This right here should motivate us all to make some meaningful changes. We should not have to cheese the system to compete. I tag when I want to do so, and it increases my points however it is more difficult to amass lots of points at smaller rifts. 

8 hours ago, Ekcin said:

And still I fail to see a point in fixing the unbroken.

In your opinion. There are many that disagree. The fact you can tag and get more points is a broken system. Sure, many may not do it. That does not change the fact the system still exists, and people can do it. Let's leave generations and politics out of this discussion as it is irrelevant to the topic.

• Like 1

The system is working as designed. One may at best argue that a prerequisite should be that the rift fighter had landed a hit, successful or not, on the creature targeted. I thought it would be that way for a long time. But even if a creature targeted, dying within 4 tiles from the attacker, suffices, that is in no way inappropriate. Especially nowadays where beasts may taunt you off your target it would be grossly injust to change that.

Granted, as long as there are mass battles with stable frontlines, often along the safe pens, it may be easy even for low FS fighters (not "zero" as Zuelatak exaggerated as there is no zero skill in Wurm) to get a few points more. The numbers observed disprove that even on Cadence widespread abuse or exploit does exist. And rift participation will decrease at least somewhat more so that normal battlefield situations will establish, with smaller packs or single fighters engaging with more mobs, and a higher risk of being encircled and outnumbered. In such a situation, targeting and waiting for targets to go down within 4 tiles will be mostly suicidal so that the already tiny problem vanishes into nothingness.

Why all the envy? If you frown upon "tagging", don't do it. I for my part would not even have tried it were it not for the whiners.  If you are not a miserable fighter, you will get your points. Leave the devs alone. It reminds me people disapproving pre- or extramarital sex, which is their right. But calling for the police, if not for the stakes, for those who do it, is overstepping by far.

Edited by Ekcin

On 5/17/2021 at 10:29 AM, gnomegates said:

The current tagging system is a broken system, ...  ...more balance, more points, more stuff = more fun for everyone!

no copying a wall of text, but yeah, all of what he said is a big +1 from me

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

I definitely agree that running around spamming fight on mobs, and not really helping killing any, should not be rewarded vs people doing all the job.

+1

• Like 2

the main reason i don't attend fights at rifts anymore is because of people "tagging" a huge mass of mobs then running them all the way back to the fences so that they can quickly drop aggro, it causes a huge swarm of mobs at the gates that then proceed to turn the rift into a gore fest where i end up spending more time bandaging than enjoying the fight, and i am not a slouch at fighting having 73 skill and yes i am guilty of hitting several enemies in my vacinity to up my count but i try and deal with the enemy i targeted first. There needs to be changes and i really think that one change should be if you leave the rift by going through a fence to drop aggro any tags you did should be nullified. i think that we could plan a better way of fighting with the tanks doing their job the healers healing and us dps fighters assisting the tanks like we should do intstead of rushing around the battlefield to try and hit as many creatures as you can

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, kordethbludscythe said:

i really think that one change should be if you leave the rift by going through a fence to drop aggro any tags you did should be nullified.

That would certainly be a good addition if we were to keep the tagging mechanic instead of abolishing it entirely. What is your opinion on the proposed change though? 

• Like 1

Rifts should be first and foremost a community event, not an opportunity for those with the highest skills and best equipment to cash in.

I would like to see rewards being more evenly distributed, not less. I don't think giving people more points for doing more damage is going to help at all.

• When a rift creature dies,
    • award points to everyone who is engaged with that creature, and 
    • award points to the person that creature is attacking.

I don't know enough about healing to comment on how that should be rewarded, but it should. 

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Rifts should be first and foremost a community event, not an opportunity for those with the highest skills and best equipment to cash in.

I would like to see rewards being more evenly distributed, not less. I don't think giving people more points for doing more damage is going to help at all.

• When a rift creature dies,
    • award points to everyone who is engaged with it creature, and 
    • award points to the person that creature is attacking.

I don't know enough about healing to comment on how that should be rewarded, but it should. 

How would you feel then if we just removed the ranking system and gave everyone the same rewards for just being in local like Uniques? Then nobody is being benefited for anything.   

Edited by Zuelatak