Sign in to follow this  
VirusMD

Friendship Bay Summer Impalong 2021 (Friend-A-Long)

1 hour ago, Xagru said:

Hello/ Hosts, Impers and others Wurmians.

Skills offering and patience for ur stuff in the meantime:

Tailoring 90+
leatherworking 70
Carpentry 90+

May I ask about any bed in Hotel?

• Like 1

If you get full, you can give someone else 509. I’m pretty busy so I might not be able to attend for long. 

Having a wonderful time

Butchered many a mob parts

Came mostly for the imp'n

Stayed for the fun lawn darts

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 2

“Beware that when imping items that you yourself do not become an item... for when you gaze long into the forge, the forge also gazes into you.”

- Friedrich Nietzsche (paraphrased)

vpgaHik.png

(I do not know who did this to the Jewelry Smithing forge, but it took me over an hour to notice and when I did I nearly spit out my tea. 😂 )

• Like 15

Welcome one and all to the great and powerful inky tail of Greg the Octopus The great and powerful.

This is the story of how he rose to great power and fell to RISE AGAIN! to then fall.... TO THE RISE AGAIN!

Our tail starts on the dawn of the first day. He was waiting in a food storage bin. Watching these two legged creatures run around. Seeing a few throw themselves off the towering building in the great distance. 

He lay in wait until he could rise up and SHINE!!!

Then the evening came and the announcement he long waited for arrive. THE GREAT FISH SLAPPING! The battle would commence soon and he would be able to shine.

A two legged creature got close and with the excitement in there eyes he knew he would be chosen. They did indeed choose him and held him in there hand. There excitement charged him and he was ready for his first battle to start!

He was Ready! The two legged was ready. There enemy choose a swordfish. It was much bigger then Greg the octopus was. Even the other 2 legger asked if his two legger wanted to switch. Only for a moment did he feel sad before his two legger screeched in excitement NEVER! 

It brought a tear to his fishy eye that even though he was much smaller this two legger still wanted him! 

The battle commenced.  It was a grand spectacle. They both flew and smack and slapped and hit! Back and forth until a Winner was called!  Greg Won! In a splendid Victory! His two legger was excited for the win! He was Proud to have won!

He was returned to rest until the next time His two legger would battle sure in his squish the he would once be chosen again.

-----

Later that same day another round of Fish Slapping was announced He got excited to be in the hands of the same excited two legger! This time the two legger announced to all the he was named Greg! He took the name with all his fishy squishy pride! Not able to speak to say if he didn't like it or not didn't help the matters.

Once the battle commence they fought and battled. Swings were made and ink was sprayed! The excitement of the battle was grand! By the end Greg lost but he wasn't sad. The two legger had fun and so did he.

He was returned and awaited the next great battle!

-----

The next and last battle of the day, he returned to the same two legger! The battle commenced and he was ready! The swings came and the battle was fierce! It was long and a winner was called! His two legger! It was excitement filled....  but then...... there was a hold. The combat log was re read and it shown that the other had one instead. Even if they had lost it was still a grand time to be had! 

Once more he returned to wait!

xxxx

The dawn of the second day. He waited and watched the festivities of the two leggers. He couldn't wait to be called upon again. He was waiting and ready for the next battle!

When it was time his two legger came and screeched for him once again. He was renamed to shown to be Greg!  The battle was fierce!  He was against another octo! But it wasn't as powerful as him! He took it down in no time! Again he was champion and he felt unstoppable!

Then he was handed off to another, He felt like he could go again and WIN! But alas he was Greedy He fell from power  and lost. His over confidence and the screams of his original two legger made him over confident....

Then He was passed again! It was a moment he could redeem himself and make his original two legger proud! He played smart. Hit and smacked! The battle was long. So long a new spot had to be chosen. He then smack and smacked! Then at the end he obtained VICTORY! Winning against the two legger named Virusmd! He felt powerful once more!

He was returned to await the next grand battle!

----

Later that day a new battle!

A new battle started and a Different two legger held me in there hands! I was against a catfish this time. They think there better then all the other fish. They knock things over all the time! I was ready for this battle! A Smack, a Hit, a Slap! The crowd cheered!  After a long battle I came out victorious once more!

The next battle was starting and a new two legger wanted to test my strength in the field of slaps! I just hope to not let this one down!  I pumped myself up trying to let my wins get to my head!  Then it started!  With  a Hit another Slap and a smack I try my very best in this battle! I once again take victory!!! This battle short and sweet!

I was handed to another! The battle commenced and I would fight with all I had! Once it started A smack, a hit, and a slap! I aimed the best I could! Once more I came out to be victories! 

My Popularity to seemed to have grown so quick! I was once more handed off! Everyone wanted to try there luck with me! The battle started, Ink was flying and slaps where had! Smacks, hits, Slaps! I once more came out the winner! The two legger threw me down in a victory spike. Another asked if I was alright, yes two legger I will live to Slap another day!

Another battle was being set, I was passed to a new two legger once more. I took a breath and readied myself once more. The Slapping started. The two legger and I danced around are prey! Battling the best we could..... then..... they switched out for whale. It was me a lowly octopus against a whale! I had to truly belive in myself! It started again! The slaps commenced! The Whale was so much bigger then me! My time in the light and winning came to an end. I Lost this round. 

I was handed off once more, The last battle and the original two legger. I was filled once more with the strength to fight even if it was against the whale once more! I knew its move and was ready for this round. We hit and smacked and slapped! In the end we were victorious! 

The battles were fun and I was returned to rest up for the next battles ahead.....

xxxxx

A new day a new battle! The first and last of the Third day!

I was presented to a new Two legger. My Accomplishments where known far and wide now. I hope to do as well today as I had on the previous day. In the hand of this two legger I pumped myself up! Then the battle started. SLAP, INK, SLAP and a WHACK! The battle was intense again the Shark I was up against! I was able to Win! 

I felt Pumped hoping I can keep this up as I was handed off to the next two legger! This time I was against a Salmon, they were smaller then the shark and hoped to hold my own once more. The battle started! Smack, Slap, Whack! We danced on the battle field both trying our best!  Sadly we lost this round. I was hopeful to bring it back next time I could fight.

Taking a breath as the Prize was passed out I gave myself a pep talk. I have Won and Lost many battle throughout the days. I was having fun and enjoying each battle.  I was handed to another two legger.  I readied myself the best I could against the Marlin. The battle started! A Slap, Whack, Slap, Hit, Whack! Again it was a defeat for me. I was wondering if I was losing my edge against these other sea creatures.

I was handed off again. Even if I was losing the two leggers still believed in me! I needed to get my fishy head back into this battle! Then it Begin! More slaps, hits and whacks! The battle ended fast and I once again lost.

Once more I was passed to another. I was once more against a shark! I felt battered at this point but was hoping since I've beaten a Shark once today I knew the spots I needed to hit. The battle started. Hits, Slap, Smack! The shark kept doing circles around us! The battle was long the two legger looked how I was feeling. A new spot was called. More Slaps, and hits were made! In the end when the log battle finished. I once again lost.

My wins seemed to be behind me as each one I was found with another defeat. 

I was surprised at this point that people still wanted to fight with me. I was hopeful to make even the smallest of comebacks in the hands of this new two legger. There drive to battled filled me. I was against a Merlin. I hoped do fight my best fight yet! It started Quick! Slap, Smack, Wak! It was another long battle, the two leggers once again needed to back away to heal like before. A new spot would be called. Then when it started again the Slaps continued! The battle went on and then it happened the winner was called. My name was shouted and it brought me to tears. I had tried so hard and it had shown!

Then I as given to the Original two legger once more! They hugged and kissed me like normal giving me strength! We were up against another Marlin. The battle started. We danced around them with a Slap, Whack, Hit!  The battle went and the shouts were being made! In the end We came out Victorious! I felt like my old Squishy self!

I went on to the next battle, handed to a two legger I had battled with before! With the new strength it was a quick win this time! Barley a slap in and I was named the Victor! 

Once more I was handed off! The excitement in my veins! The battle started, Smack, Slap, Hit! The battle was swift! I once more came out on top! I was able to show what type of Squish I was made out of! The Winning kind!

I was handed off for the last time that night. I tried to keep my squish in check. Not wanting to let these wins get to it. In there hand I hope to bring in one last fight for the night! The battle started! Smack, Slap, Hit! I was trying to pull out all the moves and give it my best shot! In the end Once more I won! Bringing home the crown for the day!

I returned to get a long deserved rest!

To be continued.......

Edited by Gillie
The story continued! 7/23/2021
  • Like 7

And here it is - great warrior, a miracle of the deep sea, fearless - GREG THE OCTOPUS!!!

wB1IOFm.jpeg

• Like 4

This was my first "a-long" since starting Wurm almost a year ago.  I have to say I'm quite impressed and have had a lot of fun.  The amount of work that must have gone into planning everything and getting crafting supplies available everywhere must have been crazy.  One of the things I really like about this game is the patience people have with me and how friendly everyone is.  Thank you for an awesome event and I'll definitely be around to help contribute at future events.

• Like 7

And thus, more Impalong goers have fallen to the forces of the GM Team!

[15:49:52] Reflekted slain by Defeated Foe #1, Defeated Foe #2, venerable champion BIG FURRY PUFFS, aged champion BIG FURRY PUFFS, venerable champion BIG SMASHIES
[15:53:41] Anthmelk slain by aged BIG STINGIES V2, aged BIG STINGIES V2, aged BIG STINGIES V2, young BIG STINGIES V2, adolescent champion BIG FURRY PUFFS, adolescent BIG SLITHERS V2, aged BIG SLITHERS V2, Defeated Foe #1, mature BIG STINGIES V2, aged BIG STINGIES V2, Defeated Foe #2, old BIG STINGIES V2, aged champion BIG FURRY PUFFS, adolescent champion BIG FURRY PUFFS, old BIG STINGIES V2

[16:14:11] Reflekted slain by aged BIG TORTLES, aged BIG BURNIES, Defeated Foe #1, aged BIG TORTLES, old champion BIG STABBIES, adolescent champion BIG STABBIES, old champion BIG STABBIES, aged BIG SLASHIES V2

r9T5iqy.png

• Like 1

I think I arrived too late to help, ignore post

Edited by Bloodscythe

8 hours ago, Bloodscythe said:

I think I arrived too late to help, ignore post

We are still going all day today (Saturday) and Sunday. Not too late :)

I joined Wurm on the 18th July and died on my first adventure out into exodus. Through that death I met Stinboi and Denully who sailed me to my very first impalong in a beautiful Knarr. Little did I know what I would get upto whilst my basic newly made tools were imped by some awesome people. I joined in arena fight, fish slapping contest, musical chairs jumped off a huge tower even though I have real life vertigo and had so much fun meeting and chatting to everyone. My gratitude can’t be expressed but the hard work put in by organisers and everyone involved is so much appreciated. Sadly my stay was cut short by a rl vacation starting on Saturday and I couldn’t stay until the end. I so wanted to stay. As I glided away from friendship bay in my own newly won Knarr I felt sad to leave all my new friends but have hope the next impalong won’t be too far into the future. Thank you for making a fabulous warm memory for me and I’ll see you all soon ❤️

Edited by Cameka
  • Like 8

Finally able to log back in!  Let's see what's going on at the ol' Friendship Bay Impa....oh dear. 

9mUFCsz.png

It appears that things have taken a rather dark turn.

dN3nfWl.png

Edited by Sidereal

A few pictures of our amazing time :D

Virus kept me very busy with Wurm Lord duties . .including running the Fish Slapping contests!! SO MUCH HILARITY!!

This picture below is actually the epic battle between Greg the Ocotopus and Virusmd HimSELF! (See Gillie's tales of Greg the Champion)

iFtz5Rh.pnghttp://iFtz5Rh.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/iFtz5Rh.png[/imgiFtz5Rh.png

Another battle . . . .

dZkvbJd.png

But every now and then it would quiet down a bit and I could have a drink with good friends @reddragon6450Reddragon's wonderful little Booze Hut!

Here is @GazmoGazmo and  I ordering some pints :)

1CcgjQR.png

And I also caught the RED WITCH OF MEERHAVEN @Siderealtaking a break from mixing bloods and imbuing duties to also quench her thirst

https://i.imgur.com/SrLUsR0.png[/imSrLUsR0.png

I hope to see Reddragon's Booze hut again next year!

Here is Virus the King on his throne, presiding over the magnificent Prize Hall! @VirusMD

eRxAEAD.png

4TrEOFe.png

Virus and me by the chessboards . ... I narrowly beat Reddragon in a very intense match!!

https://imgur.com/Xy3Wl5fXy3Wl5f.png

NKgjQqA.png

Virus inspects and declares me the winner!!

Later on . ... @Siderealand I had another match . . . .where I lost SORELY . . the Red Witch of Meerhaven is the checkers expert!

Ux0mkD9.png

A wonderful time was had :) CANT WAIT FOR NEXT YEARRR

vLbKw6n.png

Edited by Goldfinch
  • Like 5

Had a good time and finally got my Fo priest Jyndae to grind his faith.

rbDLoi0.png

Not a lot of people can pull off knee-high boots and a gold mini, but Enki gets it done. 

• Like 6

Had a good time, took my priests there for sermons, ran around mostly on my Mag Alt Eliason.

This Has Been the Best Impalong!!! loved it .... cant wait for the next...

• Like 2

Had alot of fun here, lots of nice people to hang out with, sermons, stuff to improve, events and prizes! Definately a well put together event. Well done @VirusMD

• Like 1

This was an amazing event!!!   I had Never seen a sea serpent before this event and they look amazing ( hopefully I wont see one on the way home) .  Want to thank VirusMD and everyone else that helped imp tools and the priests for all their wonderful and appreciated hard work.   The games were fun,  wurmian lawn darts, that was hilarious to watch,  what an amazing four days of fun, Oh i almost forgot RedDragon was an Amazing Barkeep.   and someone rared my fishing net for me, Amazing  thank you.  cant wait for the next one.  

• Like 1

This was my first friend/imp-along I ever attended! I am super glad I went! Made many new friends. Enjoyed all the events! Helped out where I could! I have made so many memories here! It has been such a wonderful time. I will be sad once it ends but wouldn't change anything about it! From start to finish there was always something to do! There was even a Rift close by during the event that added to the fun! From jumping off a large tower for Wurmian Lawn Dart to Racing around the bay on horse back there was something for everyone to do! I can't wait for next year! I will defiantly be coming back for more fun! Ill make sure to Bring Greg the Octopus back as well!

I want to thank everyone who worked hard to make it so easy and enjoyable for all! You are all the best!! See you next year!

• Like 5

This was my first Impalong and I a so glad I came! I had no idea what to expect but everyone was so nice and friendly. I was given freebies by strangers. It really was awesome and I saw we have these more often on Friendship Bay. Thank you everyone for all the fun!

• Like 5

This was the best week ever! I had so much fun while I was here! I took a few pictures. I hope they make some people happy. X3

Spoiler

Screenshot_85.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_91.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_106.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_114.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_115.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_110.png