Sign in to follow this  
Hwesta

Disallow WoA on FSB and similar

So WoA doesn't do anything on a storage container, right? Seems like this is just an opportunity to blow up containers full of thousands of items with a misclick (in this case I was trying to enchant a loom next to it and not paying enough attention on my second screen).

Most enchants don't work on objects that can't benefit from them.

Also tried CoC on a BSB on purpose this time and the game will let you cast that for some reason?

• Like 3

Ok this is just scary now...I tested BoTD on BSB, FSB, LCU, BCU...and they can all be casted on, which means there may be the possibility to shatter said items and lose 10's of thousands of items inside.

[21:50:39] You cast 'Blessings of the Dark' on a bulk storage bin.

[21:50:42] Blessings of the Dark has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained and speed with it when used. [34]

This seems like a possible bug and something that can be abused pretty easy. Many people turn on the deed permissions to allow casting of deity spells for many reasons. To know that a simple misclick or worse, something intentional where someone has some goal to cause harm can cast on storage containers and just destroy everything inside, this is a scary thought and I hope would not be an intended feature of said spells. This is the first I've heard of this being a thing. Could we get someone with more knowledge about this to check into it and give some kind of feedback please!

Edited by gnomegates

Those casts have enlargement and different sorting options on the WU servers when cast on bins. So maybe this is a *bug* that this code is now enabled in WO without changing these options on bins here?

=Ayes=

I may be mistaken but I don't think you can shatter containers by failing these casts, at least not in WU, and if they do shatter / are deleted, the items in the database aren't cleared, which can lead to unusual behaviour. Again, might be wrong. In any case it should be patched.

[16:51:42] The food storage bin emits a strong deep sound of resonance, then shatters!

lol nice

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 8

13 hours ago, Antony said:

I may be mistaken but I don't think you can shatter containers by failing these casts, at least not in WU, and if they do shatter / are deleted, the items in the database aren't cleared, which can lead to unusual behaviour. Again, might be wrong. In any case it should be patched.

I created this thread after accidentally shattering a FSB full of thousands of ingredients when I meant to cast on the loom next to it.

hahahahah holy ######

taking bets on how long it takes to fix this

Interesting!

My two cents: what about maybe instead, say that you can not cast on a non-empty item?

On 5/5/2021 at 12:17 AM, Drogos said:

Interesting!

My two cents: what about maybe instead, say that you can not cast on a non-empty item?

Would have prevented my problem, but it still has 0 effect on the container.

I'd like to take this opportunity to suggest an adaptation or 2nd iteration of the crafting window for enchanting.

Add target item to left-space, add statuette to right-space, get list of possible enchants, difficulty to cast, and favor required to cast, with wiki shortcuts to lookup spell usage.

Also for adding runes to items. (I've never seen a rune, so I don't know if this already is available in the crafting window.)

On 5/1/2021 at 7:52 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

[16:51:42] The food storage bin emits a strong deep sound of resonance, then shatters!

lol nice

All part of my master plan. (sorry) (also that was a joke, I wasn't trying to mislead anyone)