Sign in to follow this  
Elrohiir

Post new skin screenshots on forums!

We now have skins and each month we get a new skin too :) 

But that said, it's in the beginning of the latest monthly skin release a bit of an unknown as to how it looks etc. 

I'd like to see that it becomes part of  the Valrei International announcement from Demona what the new item is going to be, picture etc. 

As it is right now the guessing game is on until somebody post a picture - this addon to the game is a little appetiser to keep the premium going - help that along by showing the new item in the international :) 

Also will allow the poor wiki administrators having a change to be more up-to-date on that front

• Like 14

Agree, why no pic on Valerei International, but on a post in Instagram?

• Like 2

Wurm has an Instagram?

Edit: +1

Edited by Antony

We have instagram? I stay away from that cancer. 

• Like 4

Agree, would be nice to feature in the VI, though the time frame for those varies, so maybe at least on social media. It does take awhile to get the new pics and info in and on the wiki list for sure.

On 4/30/2021 at 8:04 PM, Elrohiir said:

As it is right now the guessing game is on until somebody post a picture

You can preview the skin before agreeing to purchase it.

It would be great if you could also post the new skin screenshots on the Wurm forum and not just Instagram. I don't quite understand why.

Here's the post.

wurmonline: May's monthly skin has arrived: the Executioner's Hood! Redeem marks in the Premium Awards shop at any token to get your own, usable on studded leather helms.

MVP24Oo.jpg

• Like 3

I also post it on facebook/twitter and the discord. I'll look into getting a thread on here for the skins!

• Like 5

Alrighty! I was just confused that the screenshots are uploaded to social media first, when the post on forums would reach more players I think. I never check Instagram, nor Discord and last time I've been on Facebook is some years ago 😛 See you In-Game o/

• Like 5

Yes please, more things posted to forums would be lovely. I have a social media allergy. And checking discord is like wading through GL-Freedom for CA-Help info, for want of a (much) better analogy.

So ty, Xheth for posting this one

• Like 6

Considering how rarely we get news posts on the launcher, I wouldn't mind seeing it there. Games often promote new MTX content in the launcher, maximum exposure.

Spoiler

Optional items? New goods available??? Picture of characters wearing these goods????

5qJKEGJ.png

saucy looking lady giving "special benefits" 😉 to new players

0XVYgyx.png

new mount, idek what that is.

T7oqK2l.png

Gog6tac.png

9FOizZZ.png

Edited by Antony
placed images in a spoiler
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, DemonaNightshade said:

I also post it on facebook/twitter and the discord. I'll look into getting a thread on here for the skins!

So you want us to go to facebook/twitter or the discord to get news ?

We have had this forum far longer then all those, so please then start with your information here, and then you can go to facebook/twitter or the discord.

Dont force us around the internet on stuff we dont have /use  :( 

• Like 2

It's not particularly news, it's bonus screenshots I share on the social media. There is a preview image on the page for it in the marks shop. Also, keep in mind this is only my third skin shared and many many before me went unshared on the forums. I was simply following the same procedure that went on before I took on the role :)

I really like the idea to have it added to launcher, when the skin becomes available in shop.

Doesn't need to be the main image, just a small thumbnail, to open the main forum/discord/social media link.

"New bling available, go check it out!"

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, DemonaNightshade said:

It's not particularly news, it's bonus screenshots I share on the social media. There is a preview image on the page for it in the marks shop. Also, keep in mind this is only my third skin shared and many many before me went unshared on the forums. I was simply following the same procedure that went on before I took on the role :)

yes its very nice of you to share it for us all, ty for that  :)

I know Retro did the same and i posted to him too, to start with forum as infoplace, since most of us use this place.

So hopefully you not forced to follow all in his footstep and can start share here first  or atleast post on all places at same time 

Thx again for sharing :)

3 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

@DemonaNightshadeif I'm not mistaken currently in-game preview is bugged showing skin for raider shield instead, sorry for reporting it here don't have time to confirm and report bug properly(nevermind, seems corrected now). And yeah, having as much reminders when new skin is out would be wonderful, I often forget to check for it wheater new one came out :)

although I will skip this one, reminder on fb was wonderful for me, but I guess not all people use it so will need alternative place to get info about it.

Edited by kochinac

As there have been 2 essentially identical suggestion threads around this recently, I've merged them.

• Like 1