Sign in to follow this  
platinumteef

allow multiple camps to be picked up by one pendulum use if they are in range

currently the mechanics of battle camps and pendulums are so wonky you can have 3 in one local and not even know it, while running straight by two of them and only picking up one

suggestion is to allow all battle camps that are able to be hit by the current pendulum use to be shown to the player instead of just one of them

• Like 6

they'd probs have to do the same for the "enemy", which also wouldn't be bad, rather have a list of 5 enemies to my left/right/ahead/ahead to left/ahead to right than just 1

+1 It's not cool to spent hours searching the map to eventually find it hiding next to one you found at the start 😕

+1

on that same note, I have a new neighbor that keeps champ animals.... gone are the days of being able to pendulum from home and get any good reading on actual mission champs

Sounds like this spell was coded to find nearby enemies and has been reused for mission traitors and battlecamps without being reworked.

Which means however it is handling the discovery of battlecamps, was probably not what would have been designed-in from scratch.

Thus it is probably easier to craft a new spell from scratch, than to 'fix' this one now that it is proved to be unideal.

Because if it listed all nearby enemies and their direction, wouldn't that be OP?

Maybe battlecamps and depots should have their own pendulum spell - because battlecamps are NOT mobile objects that can move out of range of each other or die separately.

It probably would mean having to carry 2 pendulums though, as I think JS items only support 1 cast.

Edited by Drayka