DaletheGood

NEW Xanadu Community Map

3 hours ago, HughMongus said:

If we may offer a suggestion, an upgrade to your Adding Data section in the 1st post ?

... only permit Mayors to submit their own deeds for Addition to the map.

I think that's addressed in this section of the OP: 

"Note that Xanadu is an Opt-In map, meaning that you must ask to have your deed posted on the map. We encourage you to do so as the more deeds that are shown on the map the easier it is for people to find their location when they're out exploring and lost :), or when they're trying to come pick up that cool whatchamacallit that you offered for sale or check out your totally awesome deed.  However, only a Mayor or an authorized villager can request that a deed be added."

• Like 2

ahhh gotcha!   I see it now!    Right at the end of the paragraph.....

My apologies, I was just skimming through quickly, just very happy someone had taken on the Xanadu map.

Cheers!  Hughmongus

• Like 1

No rush.  Enjoy your crap stuff!  I am out this weekend as well.

Got those put on the map. Gotta say that these things are a major pain in my ass, and I'm not sure I'm prepared to add more. There's already 80 of them on the map, isn't that enough? If you insist on adding more, then they must be formatted in a way that I can simply copy and paste them in. That means 3 columns, Name with no parenthesis just the Name. X coordinate. Y coordinate. And until now I've looked around the map and tried to place the names either Top, Right, Left or Bottom (default) so they're readable. I'm no longer going to do that, so if there's clusters, which there seem to be, they're probably not going to be readable. If you want them placed a certain way, note that on the 4th column. Otherwise, I'll just copy and paste and let them go. But having spent the last 30-45 minutes on this, yeah, that's not going to happen again.

Please add these Deeds in my Alliance:

Dangle [6513, 4919]

Hurt  [6838, 4997]

Restless [6693, 4948]

Valhalla  [6762, 5184]

Afton  [6645, 5398]

Jumangi [6702, 5696]

Just saw your previous post after I added these, if there is an easier way for me to format these then please let me know. I thought they were supposed to be added that's why I went through and got everyone's coordinates, wasn't aware of long process on your end. 

Edited by Tidda
Added an update

3 hours ago, Tidda said:

Please add these Deeds in my Alliance:

Dangle [6513, 4919]

Hurt  [6838, 4997]

Restless [6693, 4948]

Valhalla  [6762, 5184]

Afton  [6645, 5398]

Jumangi [6702, 5696]

Just saw your previous post after I added these, if there is an easier way for me to format these then please let me know. I thought they were supposed to be added that's why I went through and got everyone's coordinates, wasn't aware of long process on your end. 

Done. And that comment about formatting was in regards to the mission structures (obelisks, spirit gates, etc) that Spacy has been finding. Deeds are cool as long as it's a mayor or authorized villager (or in this case alliance member), and those don't need any special formatting in order to be added. It's just that when inputting 15 or more of those mission things at a time, it gets tedious. Plus I fail to see the value of having those, so I'm a little biased against them.

Ah, ok I didn't realize that lol. Yeah I only like seeing the Deeds too so I see where you are coming from :)

Thank you so very much!

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 12:30 PM, DaletheGood said:

Will get to these later. Have some RL crap stuff that's gonna keep me busy through the weekend.

LOL...  RL is So unreasonable... interfering with Wurm, keeping you away from that hot data base that needs updating....

When RL threatens to take over just remember  "We are Waiting!  Wurm is Waiting !!!"

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus

(a fellow Wurm Cartographer over on Indy)

I wanted to know if you're planning to do a new map dump next month as it's half way into the year.

8 hours ago, Dracathio said:

I wanted to know if you're planning to do a new map dump next month as it's half way into the year.

The devs are the ones who put out the new map dumps, the blank ones with just the terrain that are put out in January usually. We just use those blank maps and overlay the deeds, bridges, tunnels, etc. to make this map, but the underlying map dump comes as a picture from the devs.

(https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6J_aGQ6URL8aktjVDNfcWt3SHc) in case you want the map dumps from this and/or previous years.

Two more epic structures.

3164, 661 Running Backbone (Foundation Pillar)

3163, 661 Backbone of Island (Foundation Pillar)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

3164, 661 Running Backbone (Foundation Pillar)

3163, 661 Backbone of Island (Foundation Pillar)

Done

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spacy said:

Winter Needle obelisk 6853, 4999

Done

Needle of Tongue obelisk 4578, 2402  
Sleep Obelisk obelisk 4754, 2066  
Rest of Strength Pylon 4758, 2060  
Fist of Running obelisk 7624, 1248
(yes, same name as another one, this one is on Sleepy's island)

3 hours ago, Spacy said:

Needle of Tongue obelisk 4578, 2402  
Sleep Obelisk obelisk 4754, 2066  
Rest of Strength Pylon 4758, 2060  
Fist of Running obelisk 7624, 1248
(yes, same name as another one, this one is on Sleepy's island)

Done

Mantra Of Dreams obelisk 7800, 1878
Heaven Fist obelisk 6699, 2570
Island Obelisk obelisk 6672, 2685

And THANK YOU Dale.  I know you don't use these, but those of us who do the missions do and having them on the map is a great help. 

Edited by Spacy

2 hours ago, Spacy said:
Mantra Of Dreams obelisk 7800, 1878
Heaven Fist obelisk 6699, 2570
Island Obelisk obelisk 6672, 2685

And THANK YOU Dale.  I know you don't use these, but those of us who do the missions do and having them on the map is a great help. 

Done, and you're welcome. As long as it's a few at a time it's not such a PITA :)

Please add White Mountain Meadery at 3232, 710 Thank you

7 hours ago, Bramson said:

Please add White Mountain Meadery at 3232, 710 Thank you

Done

Please add Overlook Monastery at 1556, 4163  Cheers mate!

2 hours ago, kazzpi said:

Please add Overlook Monastery at 1556, 4163  Cheers mate!

Done