DaletheGood

NEW Xanadu Community Map

11 hours ago, lodoc said:

Hello.  It seems the Lavender Bridge is either not complete or in disrepair, it cannot be crossed.  I-10 area

This is a total lie, and I will keep an eye on this player from now on.
Lavender Bridge is in perfect condition.

There is also a catseyed bridge between 1408,2885 to 1458,2884.

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

This is a total lie, and I will keep an eye on this player from now on.
Lavender Bridge is in perfect condition.

I would advise a more civilized style of conversation, even from the creator and maintainer of Lavender Bridge.

Obviously, the reporting player got things wrong, which does not mean that he lied, which is an insult, and completely unnecessary. He/she mentioned the deed Lions Gate which is in I11 while Lavender Bridge is in I10. Apparently, s/he observed something about bridges in I11, possibly that one from 1734, 2773 to 1734, 2833. Someone kindly check whether that bridge is impassable (it is a highway connection and therefore part of the Community Map). If the bridging from 1710, 2861 to 1724, 2861 is meant, that is at best a project, not a bridge, and accordingly visible on the map.

Dale, please remove the "temporarily closed" from Lavender Bridge.

3 hours ago, Ekcin said:

I would advise a more civilized style of conversation, even from the creator and maintainer of Lavender Bridge.

Obviously, the reporting player got things wrong, which does not mean that he lied, which is an insult, and completely unnecessary. He/she mentioned the deed Lions Gate which is in I11 while Lavender Bridge is in I10. Apparently, s/he observed something about bridges in I11, possibly that one from 1734, 2773 to 1734, 2833. Someone kindly check whether that bridge is impassable (it is a highway connection and therefore part of the Community Map). If the bridging from 1710, 2861 to 1724, 2861 is meant, that is at best a project, not a bridge, and accordingly visible on the map.

Dale, please remove the "temporarily closed" from Lavender Bridge.

You have no idea about the back story to this.

Furthermore, the anotation about Lions Gate is a different post and not mentioned in relation to Lavender Bridge.

And lastly, I talked with Dale already ofc.

@Ekcin, @Ceccicould you handle this kind of stuff in a PM please? It has nothing to do with the topic at all and it's only fuel to more flaming reactions like the ones you two already posted.

@DaletheGoodCould you please re-add Metallic Wonders back at the map? Re-add as it was there, until I had asked to remove it. So not a mistake made by you. :D

Location is at 4822 - 2264

Thanks,

Thorin :) 

Edited by Thorinoakshield

12 hours ago, Cecci said:

There is also a catseyed bridge between 1408,2885 to 1458,2884.

Done

7 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Could you please re-add Metallic Wonders back at the map?  Location is at 4822 - 2264

Done

On 10/8/2021 at 8:47 AM, lodoc said:

Hello.  It seems the Lavender Bridge is either not complete or in disrepair, it cannot be crossed.  I-10 area

@lodocI don't take kindly to people posting erroneous information regarding the map. This is your first and final warning. Any more posts containing completely wrong information will be the last that I take from you. If this was a simple error, then I suggest you double and triple check before posting again.

Regarding my post about the Lavender Bridge:  Yes, I was mistaken about the name and coordinates. There is an incomplete bridge (that is not on the map) going north that has 3 different names attached to it, the last of which is called 'bring out yer dead'.  This bridge starts at the northern edge of J11.  When I fell off the bridge I was on foot, it was dark and I was disoriented after falling in the water.  I swam until I ran out of stamina and logged for the night.  Next day, I swam for a small island and thought to make a post on the forums to help the next person not make the same mistake.  There was no way for me to double check at that time and since Lavender Bridge is on the map and the incomplete bridge is not, I thought I had the correct info - I just was more east than I realized.  Now that I am back to my ship, I see my error.  There was no malice intended with my post.  I do not have a history of giving incorrect info on the forums.  Frankly, I was shocked to be condemned so quick without a benefit of a doubt. 

@Cecci you seem angry, really no need to take it so personal.

Thanks for the reminder as to why I play as a hermit:  "Community"

17 hours ago, lodoc said:

Regarding my post about the Lavender Bridge:  Yes, I was mistaken about the name and coordinates. There is an incomplete bridge (that is not on the map) going north that has 3 different names attached to it, the last of which is called 'bring out yer dead'.  This bridge starts at the northern edge of J11.  When I fell off the bridge I was on foot, it was dark and I was disoriented after falling in the water.  I swam until I ran out of stamina and logged for the night.  Next day, I swam for a small island and thought to make a post on the forums to help the next person not make the same mistake.  There was no way for me to double check at that time and since Lavender Bridge is on the map and the incomplete bridge is not, I thought I had the correct info - I just was more east than I realized.  Now that I am back to my ship, I see my error.  There was no malice intended with my post.  I do not have a history of giving incorrect info on the forums.  Frankly, I was shocked to be condemned so quick without a benefit of a doubt. 

@Cecci you seem angry, really no need to take it so personal.

Thanks for the reminder as to why I play as a hermit:  "Community"

Fair enough. Warning rescinded. Play on player :)

11 hours ago, Teana said:

Hello 😃 Please add Bear Forest (4380, 4230)

Done

4 hours ago, thelyonhart said:

Westwood Mines  2419, 1865

Done

4 hours ago, jstrug said:

Westwood 2216, 1864
Westwood Docks 2161, 1851

Done

12 hours ago, Lychgate said:

Sorry i did a typo in that. it should be Drunk Hobo Bay 4779, 1793

Yeah, that looks more like a bay :)

The New Map looks Awesome! I really do wish that this map showed up inside Wurm and also show your position on the map, I get lost so easy

4 hours ago, Titanrex said:

Applehaven 2202, 4528

Done

1 hour ago, Kaylessa said:

The New Map looks Awesome! I really do wish that this map showed up inside Wurm and also show your position on the map, I get lost so easy

Thanks :) It wouldn't be as immersive if you had the equivalent of GPS to show you where you are on the map. You'll soon get the hang of it and start to recognize landmarks and relate what you see in-game with the maps. Finding your way around with old-school maps and your memory is part of the fun for me :)

• Like 5

Hi :)

I'd like to submit my settlement, Gull Cove (7577,5211)

Edit: also, for what it's worth, the nearby deed Misthleothu is long disbanded.

Edited by Jorun