Sign in to follow this  
Ramilan

Journal: Going the Distance - Create 5 Items from Every Metal

Tonight I made 5 different items of each metal (including moonmetals): needle, eyelet, hunting and war arrow head, fishing hook. I used zinc, tin, copper, silver, iron, lead, gold, seryll, adamantine and glimmersteel. No change in the journal. Not even a percentage showing up next to the task while I was smithing.

I thought, maybe I need to make 5 identical items, so I made more needles. In the end I had 5 needles of every metal. Still no change in the journal. Closed journal window, opened journal window. No change.

I then started to make needles from alloys, starting with electrum. And lo and behold: When the first electrum needle was created, the journal displayed 20% next to the task. The second electrum needle raised that to 40% and so on. When 5 electrum needles were completed the journal task turned green.

I did not try to fix this by relogging, and there was no unusual lag during the smithing session. Most of the items that I created were very low quality.

It worked out for me in the end, so I'm not complaining. But it might be good to keep an eye on it, see if it happens again and under which conditions.

This is reliably reproducible: only the final metal is tracked in the journal, with no tracking until you have 1 metal left

Bronze, Brass and Electrum...I would suggest going with needles only just for completion

9 hours ago, Uisge_Beatha said:

Bronze, Brass and Electrum...I would suggest going with needles only just for completion

Yeah...the journal goal is slightly misleading. It says "every metal". 

The correct description should be "Create 5 items out of every metal and alloy". 

And yeah go for needles, no point in wasting moon metals on anything heavier. 

Edited by elentari

I faced the similar matter. Although, you can see which items you have already created with each metal via O -> Tools -> More -> Achievement Window and by checking every metal there. You can see the counter even.

For this goal making eyelets saves a bit more metal than needles (0.003 vs 0.005), also good for building up JS skill for priests who need to make altars and they can be sold to token.

• Like 1

You can go into your achievements window, and look for the achievements "Iron item", "Bronze item", and so forth. This will give you a count on how many of each you have done. A percentage would not really help you for this one, since it wouldn't tell you what metal type you have left. It does appear that you missed the alloys, so try Steel, Bronze, Brass, and Electrum. 

• Like 1