Sign in to follow this  
ntstlkr

5 Speed Horses...literally

Say, now that we have boats that can adjust their speed lets just add this feature to horses as well. You can start with a walk...say 5-8kph change up to a trot, then a canter and gallop. Just wanted to throw my two cents in, what do you guys think?

• Like 5

I could +1 to being able to set your horse’s target gait to walk, trot, canter or gallop. But definitely *not* having to progress your horse through these. It’s not just not comparable to a boat, which takes significant time to reach max speed (and slow down) vs a horse and that’d just too tedious with stopping and starting.

Edited by Calan
  • Like 2

It would be nice if we could change it while riding, but shouldn't be required to go through all of them to reach max speed.

• Like 2

I got off Wurm one day with its all or nothing  forward movement.. Hopped in the car.. guess what..don't try wurm in a real car..mmmhmmm

If I have a desire to get where I am going slower than my horse allows,  I will walk... and carry a log.... and 3 dirt...

• Like 1

It's immersive for sure, but when would you actually use that feature and why?

Never had any problems that would require that with horses, unlike boats where parking was nightmare without change...

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 7:36 AM, kochinac said:

It's immersive for sure, but when would you actually use that feature and why?

Never had any problems that would require that with horses, unlike boats where parking was nightmare without change...

I've wished for this many times for different reasons. The first one that comes to mind is exploring a village on another server, not wanting to dismount and risk losing the horse, but wanting to take in the surroundings, so have to awkwardly gallop and stop, gallop and stop the whole time. 

• Like 2

This feature with the laggy wurm servers would just give lots of headache when trying to do it as the sail mechanic of boats. 

I know what you mean and want , its already in alot of games like Black Desert Online but wurm isn't optimized for this. 

Edited by Berms

Would need to scrap existing speed boosts. Could be cool if it's done right, but I just have the image of a hell horse going 40km/h toward a cliff, stopping, then having to spam 'S' to slow the horse 5 phases before finally reversing. And that's a little undesirable.