Sign in to follow this  
Ravenoffaith

Heartland Forestry Department

Howdy lovelies!

So for those that have seen it, Heartland area is sparse of larger trees and is mostly surrounded by orange trees.
In an effort to help newer players and bring a bit more variety to the area we are going to be planting a large amount of saplings are asking for donations from those who are willing.
Message me here, or PM Glowbaby in game!

Trees Desired:
Birch
Cedar
Maple
Willow
Fir
Linden
Oak
Pine
Walnut
Chestnut

Undesirables:
Apple
Cherry
Lemon
Olive
Orange

• Like 1

I might intermittantly join you in planting hardwood (full-sized) trees there for new players to be able to use. I'm within riding distance of Heartland (to the east of it) and have seen how that whole slope looking down on the lake from the west has been clearcut.

(ingame message me as Tantris there)

Edited by Tristanc

13 hours ago, Tristanc said:

I might intermittantly join you in planting hardwood (full-sized) trees there for new players to be able to use. I'm within riding distance of Heartland (to the east of it) and have seen how that whole slope looking down on the lake from the west has been clearcut.

(ingame message me as Tantris there)

Will do! Looking like we're going to start next weekend. Between the offers of saplings and people we may have enough yo help the HBay area as well

Thank you!  I started planting and managed over 250+ this evening.  We also started fixing the highway. Hwesta began the entrance of the tunnel - which is where the bridge will also be *wooden to match Heartland* 

We have had a great donation of tree sprouts and a lot more non-fruit trees will be going in so new users will have something to CHOP! :D

Annnd hopefully look a lot nicer!!

So much more to go :D

Edited by TaiKee

25 minutes ago, Arronicus said:

curious how this played out, any progress pictures?

So it actually went really well. We had around 3000 sprouts donated. I wont be near Heartland for awhile but it went decently ID think :)

7 hours ago, Arronicus said:

curious how this played out, any progress pictures?

The area in and around Heartland generally looks pretty amazing these days.  There are a few sections that may need some terraforming revisions up the hill after a deed or two deteriorates, but I know people will be all over it. My deed is fairly close to Heartland, and it is my policy to harvest a sprout of the tree type that I cut down and replant afterwards naturally.  If only those abandoned carts would deteriorate (the ones that have been in the same place for well over a year.  There has also been some fairly constant beach work going on to give a more natural look to the shores.  We are continuing to rid the area of Orange trees, but there are a lot of them....still it's far better than it once was and the community is really solid.  We also have an obelisk in the works north of HL and I have some additional design plans around that.  I'll post some photos later on once it really sparkles (its very close)

• Like 1

That's great to hear, we just need screenshots at some point :D

• Like 1

All the new trees and reworked highway around Heartland looks great.  You guys did an amazing job!  👏 👏 👏     

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 9:14 AM, Tukodama said:

All the new trees and reworked highway around Heartland looks great.  You guys did an amazing job!  👏 👏 👏     

Thank you for your donations!