Sign in to follow this  
Drayka

/repudiate to join Unallied PvE/P Kingdom

I suspect that the first thing that I will be asked by anyone reading this is 'Why have this mechanic?'. So to summarise the point of the mechanics suggested in detail below, it would allow new players (and alts) to create a free, weak, minimum-size deed with limited privileges and inbuilt free-to-play disband mechanics. Which would change Wurm dramatically for new and returning players, without creating a major change to Wurm for the existing playerbase, whilst still spicing things up a little for PvP and Freedom by creating new opportunities in the default mechanics and resolving minor niggles, without resorting to enabling PMKs on Northern Isles or feeling that Wurm does not do enough for new players. It would also give the Development Team more scope to specifically target the issues of new/experimental players on an ongoing basis, without interfering with established Kingdom mechanics. And besides all of the above, it would be very cathartic to have the option of somewhere neutral to ragequit TO.

* /repudiate is suggested as /revoke mechanics are probably better left untouched.

* Tower Guards and pets ignore Unallied Players unless provoked, however (enemy) Spirit Templars could be set to hostile to Unallied Players.

* Unallied Players are orange-outline on mouse-over to other Kingdoms, and see other Kingdoms as orange-outline.

* Unallied Kingdom does not get Guard Towers, or a Starter Town, or Kingdom Titles. An Unallied Player without respawn point will reappear at the portal zone after the tutorial zone.

* Unallied Kingdom deed creation ignores tower influence, alliance influence and perimeter, and cannot hire spirit guards.

* Unallied deed are free to create, but will disband after 3 Wurm months of no-login on the server of the deed - same timeframe as free-to-play account deletion.

* Unallied deed are disbanded by 1 drain of the token on PvP servers. No coin will be received.

* Unallied deeds are fixed at 5x5 in size and have no perimeter. Founder is not called a Mayor, but a Settler, and has a limited set of mayoral permissions, which does not include forming alliances.

* Unallied deeds which abut a deed with perimeter, suffers decay on all tiles in perimeter of neighbouring deed. If this includes the token tile, (requires a neighbouring perimeter of minimum 6 tiles,) 1 Wurm month is subtracted from the current disband timer, and deed resets to a maximum of 2 Wurm months upon Settler login.

Settler must use an activated deed stake on the token once per Wurm year to renew the claim on the land, regardless of same-server login.

* Different skin for the token of an Unallied deed is suggested.

* Fences, walls and minedoors built on Unallied deeds are capped at 20ql.

* Unallied Global Kingdom and Help channels are available to be visible to all of Wurm.

* Unallied Players can join a Kingdom by creating a deed in (chained Tower) Kingdom influence and paying the Settlement founding fee for that server via a tower guard.

* Unallied Players can join a Kingdom by changing Kingdoms via Player interaction, but any settlements in their name will disband.

* Unallied Kingdom on PvP server has Vynora as patron. Kingdom animal is traditionally Anaconda.

* Unallied Player can be a Follower or Priest of any deity.

* Unallied Player tabard is blank and its colour reflects deity status - red-Mag, green-Fo, blue-Vyn, black-Lib, white-None. Follower is half hue-saturation of priest i.e. Lib follower is RGB 63,63,63 or #3F3F3F; Mag follower is RGB 127,0,0 or #7F0000.

• Like 1

Sounds good to me "sounds better than adding the PMK's back entirely"
Interesting Idea and i would like to see what would come of it. 👍

Honestly, I don't know if this is a good suggestion or not because I don't understand exactly what it is you're suggesting.

A second kingdom on Freedom Isles/PvE - why? It's barely a kingdom anyway. I get that the "tiny deed mechanics" are interesting and perhaps worthwhile, but small deeds on Freedom are already very cheap - and a price worth paying at that. What benefits are there from being a "settler" - branding animals perhaps? I'd rather just have a "personal branding" system instead then.

As for PvP, if I am even understanding what you're suggesting: Please no. The last thing I want are new players setting up a nice 20ql set of walls in a 5x5 area playing solo, only to log in a few hours later to see their entire creation reduced to piles of copper ore. Wurm PvP is not a solo experience, even for the most dedicated and skilled players. Not to mention how the privileges of a deed can be abused if you have an alt "settle" a 5x5 deed with a minehop at a strategic location. There is already a Freedom Isles kingdom on Chaos if you wish to be unaligned, and Horde of the Summoned is supposed to offer you many of the freedoms of not being in a kingdom at all, including attacking your fellow kingdom members.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 5:28 PM, John said:

Wurm PvP is not a solo experience, even for the most dedicated and skilled players.

I think that all I can say to that is lucky you, and I can appreciate therefore why you feel that it is inappropriate for anything to change for you and yours.

On the other hand, it does kinda come across as a Have, protecting what they have from Have Nots. Anyone comfortably-off can simply say 'no', and put all the onus back on those who are at the disadvantage, to come up with something world changing that changes nothing, for the comfortably content with what they already have. And all it does is reinforce the pattern that those in a good place carry on regardless and continue getting better off at the invisible cost of ignoring the Have Nots, and those without those advantages remain without any prospects. And that's not PvP as I understand it. PvP happens when those who are Have Nots get painted into a corner enough to rebel against Haves and their established order of things, no matter how much that will upset the Haves. And I don't know about you, but I don't play on PvP servers to play underpopulated Freedom mk2 + Kingdom titles.

If you think that can do better than than me, then please, evolve this thread or make a new one. But simply saying that everything is great for those for whom everything is great, is kinda missing the point.

Edit: This is a suggestion thread. Meaning that it has to be an OP about the 'questionable' merits of, for example, windfarms. Not an OP on why, for example, building more nuclear power stations is a bad idea. So whilst it would be great to first agree that nuclear power is not a good solution, I only get to talk about 'potential clean energy' solutions here, even though they have problems of their own.

Edited by Drayka
To clarify

I honestly can barely comprehend what you're trying to communicate

On 4/28/2021 at 11:01 PM, RainRain said:

I honestly can barely comprehend what you're trying to communicate

Kudos