Sign in to follow this  
Serai

Mikeyyaya/Blackdog

Hey guys. Anyone that is around from years ago will remember Mikeyyaya, founder of the awesome deed Hell's Kitchen.  While we have not been in the game in a while, I have kept in touch with him over the years. Some of you may know that Mikey has been battling cancer the last few years. I spoke to him today and the cancer has advanced and he has decided not to have any more treatments. He is going to spend the time he has left enjoying his family. He asked me to let his fellow Wurmians know.

Mikey has always been a great friend, and taught me a lot about Wurm. He was very patient with me and was always willing to help. I will always remember when the hubs and I first returned to the game after some time away and we had no home. He let us live at Hell's Kitchen and hooked us up with gear. He made some great weapons and armor for us and we went on many hunting trips together.

All through his cancer treatments he has remained upbeat and always such a funny guy. If anyone that spent time with Mikey has memories they recall or want to share some good wishes for him, please post them here and I will pass them along.

• Like 17

Wow...

It has been over a decade since i last actually spoke with him.  Unfortunately, most of our conversations were about unpleasant official business so nothing I can really repeat in public. Mikey wrangled with us for quite a spell.

I know there is nothing I can really say or do, but I do wish him the best in his remaining time and it is comforting to hear that he is with his family. 

/Enki

• Like 3

Guy's a legend, always super chill. Let me in HK back in the day, pioneered the Hate path with Taya, OSP and me. Defended against a flotilla of JK filth, then years later, as my journey began on Epic, Mikey took me and some other villagers raiding deep into enemy lands where we slew the enemies of Libila and returned home where he gave me the choice of the spoils! Always putting others first and never left his allies to save his own ass, a solid guy!

I hope life gives you some more good times Mikey, you deserve them.

Thanks for being a good dude!

(OG Beardyman incase you forgot in your old age)

• Like 4

Thanks, Mikey for being such a big part of my earlier days. I wish you the best. -Jair

Edited by Shannara360
  • Like 1

Mikeyaya such a inspiration on wurm for me from chaos to epic, this is sad to hear. A great GM for years from grinding mats to suckering me into moderating chat for HOTS. I really wish him and his family my best wishes.

• Like 1

I had the pleasure of meeting Mikey, after the HK days, but I heard lots and lots of stories! Mikey was always very giving, always willing to help me in wurm....On the other hand he loved to pick on me for my gullibility, all in fun of course! I feel grateful that I met someone so all around awesome in wurm. Every time I light up my meat smoker,  I think of Mikey, that was one of his passions, and made me want one too ( a real meat smoker...not my racoon infested garage they said I could turn into a meat smoker LOL). I hope he has peace and comfort with his family for many days to come. - Dru

• Like 1

Yet another titan on the way out.

Although we didn't talk much on the personal level, Mikeyyaya was one of the senior GMs when I got my start on that side of wurm. We both played on Wild for a while too, although as enemies. Mikeyyaya was a name often spoken with respect.

I hope you get the peace and rest you deserve in as much comfort as possible.

See you on the other side?

- Jberg

• Like 3

I'm sorry to hear that, and I wish for him to have an enjoyable time. He always lit up the room by not only tolerating but actually seeming to enjoy the company of some of the more difficult personalities in the chat. That for sure is a quality not many possess, and he probably isn't even aware of it and the impact it had on the general mood in there.

Also he came to save my ass once when my horse decided it didn't need me anymore on a stranger's deed along the coast, and decided to take on a bear on its own to protect me (I think, I don't know what goes through the head of a horse). I think a pile of gear was all that was left to retrieve, but I definitely remember that Mikeyyaya was the one that helped me do it.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

I remember.. HK was my first deed as Black light on wild..

• Like 1

Thanks for the headsup - despite it is sad news...

Not met Mikeyyaya too much but I miss him from the hunting grounds of Cele already.

Still I hope that big battle can be won - family is a force frequently underrated.

• Like 2

Played on both ends of the sword with Mikey, a great person. I hope he can enjoy the time he has left with family and friends.

Just heard of his recent passing so sad, miss you brother fly free up there champ. You will never be forgotten 😞

Sad to hear this. I played against Mikey on Wild and Epic. Always had respect for him. HK was a beacon of hope for all blers.

As a GM on the pvp server Blackdog was one of the few Gm you could depend on. He new what to do without giving someone unfair advantages.