Sign in to follow this  
Deltora

Status Effect / Warnings QoL

I would like to see more status effects from horse traits, boats effected by wind. 
From a player perspective it would be great if this was added. (Speed trait activated, and shown with a timer underneath it like the 30% bonus to spell casting / archery)

I want warnings to pop up more in your face, instead of only in the event log if it stops you from doing the action or if you can't do it, and have warnings be more accurate when mentioned to you, instead of "You can't do that".

• Like 1

I think the status effects icons are shown for things that affect the character directly not for things that affect the characters horse, ship or vehicle.

Are you asking for separate icons appearing and disappearing for each of the different traits that affect a horses speed as they activate ? Plus icons for each item of horse gear that affects the speed with numbers showing how much it contributes ?

A trait that gets activated by the horse should be noticeable by the player, and thus being able to tell that it's affecting the player. (In my opinion, even with insane mind logic, the character is still really stupid, and doesn't tell you that much in any way.

Possibilities

1. In either the event log. (The horse speeds up for x reasons, winding up/down when the effect is over)

2. Warning on your screen (Probably something you only want to do for something that's not possible, like Grooming again, I would love to see this in more situations)

3. My Preference: Status Effect like the Armour Limit. (like mentioned earlier)

On Explora

I agree that it's weird if the status effect would show when you would apply a horseshoe to it, you notice as a player you gain slightly more speed, but it's not as noticeable as a trait that's activated, or the wind blowing in your face.
And yes, appearing and disappearing status effects is what I am looking for.

On a ship, the game should show a status effect, if you are affected by the potential speed boost from the weather, because this is also noticeable by the player. 

A horseshoe was mostly made because...

Certain breeds can't carry as much and needed horseshoes as part of more Durability for the hoof itself that way the horse wouldn't get injuries on the hoof and hoof had more stability on specific horses.

Without a horseshoe could be mentioned as "Unstable" (as a name for status effect) for horses in general or maybe with the new animal husbandry update apply the above that without horseshoe a certain horse would just fail to drag a cart or wagon, or just get injuries on their feet if they would drag a heavy loaded vehicle.

There might be even more cases where it would make sense, but those are the situations I came up with so far.

Edited by Deltora