Sign in to follow this  
Bremba

Carriages - Player Transport

High FC to create - 70?- 80?

Requires 4 horses to pull,  no more no less, no other animals.

As fast as a single weightless rider on horseback if the 4 horses were averaged together.

VERY LITTLE cargo.  Maybe 4 slots that can each have a single large chest or small barrel added to them.

1 commander

up to 6 passengers

The idea is to make getting to community gatherings easier and more a part of the group event.

"Hey Bremba, Why don't you bring you carriage down to my deed on the way to the Floppa killing.  3 of us need a ride!"

"Sure! It's a bit out of they way, but I want to see your new stables!"

Edited by Bremba
  • Like 7

A craftable multi player mount.

4 horses to make it an investment to get a fast one. Honestly, I'd just make it possible to pull with less than 4 horses but let it slow down with less just like how wagons work. It's a convenience if nothing else and nobody would use one of these for actual travel with less than 4 horses anyway.

Sounds good to me!

+1

Edited by Borstaskor

On 4/19/2021 at 11:00 PM, Bremba said:

High FC to create - 70?- 80?

Requires 4 horses to pull,  no more no less, no other animals.

As fast as a single weightless rider on horseback if the 4 horses were averaged together.

VERY LITTLE cargo.  Maybe 4 slots that can each have a single large chest or small barrel added to them.

1 commander

up to 6 passengers

The idea is to make getting to community gatherings easier and more a part of the group event.

"Hey Bremba, Why don't you bring you carriage down to my deed on the way to the Floppa killing.  3 of us need a ride!"

"Sure! It's a bit out of they way, but I want to see your new stables!"

Fantastic idea!

While we're at it, we could also add a 1 horse carriage as well that doesn't suffer from the speed penalty a large cart does with only 1 horse hitched.

That way you can ferry a passenger at a reasonable speed. Carts are notoriously slow. Even with 5 speed horses, getting 2 sets of 90 ql horse gear is a pain. Or maintaing them.

I'd like to see these if just for the interkingdom highwayman scenarios. It can be a good way forwards for the game to have them, 4 horses with the mentioned speed ans perhaps damage buffs. Not too fast but able to maintain high speed due to the light nature of the cargo.

IDK what sort of carriages were around in early medieval times though, would hate to see a Victorian one in there just to have something lol

Google has a few nice images of medieval carriages but there was no suspension back then so they look like the wagons we have. Maybe a reskin then.

Edited by Silures

Carriage Facts and History ~ Transforming the World (whitenies.blogspot.com)

Medieval Carriages

Beginning about the 12th century, historical references to carriages again become common, and presumably development resumed where it had stopped at the end of the Roman period. An early example of a vehicle with a suspended body was the English hammock wagon, in which a kind of hammock was hung from posts at the ends of the carriage. Like springs, which were later used to support carriage bodies, this type of suspension helped absorb the shocks from rough roads. Also developed in medieval England was the whirlicote, a long, highly decorated, covered wagon. On the European continent mid-15th-century improvements in carriages resulted in a popular new vehicle type, the coach.

• Like 1

I don't see the appeal, the suggested creation requirement is well above a wagon, it holds less cargo and more people. I think the large cart is sufficient enough, albeit lacking in horses.