Sign in to follow this  
Alusare

Mine tunneling help

Hello. I'm not sure if this can be done, but I'm trying to hollow out this big hill next to my deed. I basically want to start at the bottom, tunnel upward to the top, then chisel my way down one layer at a time to get all the veins available in the mine.

As I understand it right now, If i create a mine tunnel at the bottom, then every vein above it is essentially inaccessible. How do I maximize the mountain so i don't miss out on the juicy metals inside?

Here is a very rough example of what I'm trying to accomplish. I can't figure it out.

https://prnt.sc/11oe19g

There is no height in the game, really, as far as mining goes.  The ore goes from the bottom all the way up, so you just hit it one spot and you got it.

i think you might have a fundamental misunderstanding of how mines work, or your image isn't very well explained

mines are not 3D, they are 2D in the same way the surface is, except there's a roof. unmined tiles are infinitely tall in terms of their reach, and you can't 'miss' veins by mining up or down

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alusare said:

Hello. I'm not sure if this can be done, but I'm trying to hollow out this big hill next to my deed. I basically want to start at the bottom, tunnel upward to the top, then chisel my way down one layer at a time to get all the veins available in the mine.

As I understand it right now, If i create a mine tunnel at the bottom, then every vein above it is essentially inaccessible. How do I maximize the mountain so i don't miss out on the juicy metals inside?

Here is a very rough example of what I'm trying to accomplish. I can't figure it out.

https://prnt.sc/11oe19g

Yeah you can do that?

Just tunnel in. Like they said though the ore veins run vertically from the surface to the ground.. that's how you can survey the surface rock to find metal veins.