Sign in to follow this  
Shmeric

Glow rune on jewelry, disable when not equipped

Glow rings are popular replacement for lanterns, with a rather annoying drawback. They're always lit, even when in inventory.

Let us toggle the glow on/off, or simply disable glow when not equipped.

Right now, only way (that I know of) to "go dark" is drop them off your character.

However, I guess there's room for arguments.

Should they keep the drawback, so that lanterns would still have some kind of perk over the ring?

It's a performance thing and it might be worth making that light radius "personal" only so it won't show up to other players.

That would resolve the issue, and still give folks a reason to carry a lantern.

Though I don't necessarily see the need to hide the light it would make sense to stifle the glow on a concealed object. Say if it was placed in a backpack or a satchel.

On 20/04/2021 at 17:56, Timoca said:

Yeah, it should only work when it's equiped.

-1. I have a butchering knife with the glow rune, I don't want to constantly equip the knife to be able to use the light source of the rune.

The glow should be disabled when put in another container inside inventory, that's the only solution that makes sense for both sides of the argument.

1 hour ago, Berms said:

-1. I have a butchering knife with the glow rune, I don't want to constantly equip the knife to be able to use the light source of the rune.

The glow should be disabled when put in another container inside inventory, that's the only solution that makes sense for both sides of the argument.

The inventory is a container :) 

And why did you put it on a butchering knife? :P To see which parts are for consumption and which are not when you're butchering in the dark?

49 minutes ago, Timoca said:

The inventory is a container :) 

And why did you put it on a butchering knife? :P To see which parts are for consumption and which are not when you're butchering in the dark?

uhm funny but no, welcome to archaeology where you got loads of runed items for free.

inventory is not a container. when putti g it in a backpack or something, the glow should dissapear and problem solved.

Edited by Berms