Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Looking for someone techy to help me make maps of a different sort

I'm eager to make server maps of three different points of interest: Inns, Temples, and Pubs.

I explore a ton, and constantly find them.

They are all lovely and deserve to be known. Not to mention, they come in handy when one is out exploring. Maybe such a map would incentivize exploration, a little bit.

I need someone who could take care of the technical end of such an endeavor. (Does it entail a lot?)

I would do the exploring and inputting.

Is this feasible?

If you play on the Southern Freedom Isles, I do have something in progress that might interest you. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to know more :)

Edited by Drogos
More specific server cluster to avoid any confusion

8 hours ago, Ayuna said:

I'm eager to make server maps of three different points of interest: Inns, Temples, and Pubs.

Hey Ayuna,

please take a look at our community maps for Deliverance, Exodus, Celebration, Melody, Cadence and Harmony, for example: https://deliverance.yaga.host/

These maps use overlays to show a multitude of special places and additional data. Basically, it would not be difficult to add more data, like the ones you mentioned. (We would just use the "Special Places" overlay and add a few more icons.) However, I am not sure if adding more and more location types would eventually clutter the community maps - but I'd  let the community decide. 

So, from a technical point of view including data like the ones you mentioned can be rather easily done with our map engine. I suggest to let the individual map managers and their community decide if they would like to have that feature.

Regards,

Yaga

• Like 1